Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2019, 04:43 PM   #71 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
Sprouts are good.

Arby’s Tests Meat Products That Look Like Carrots
Quote:
The company says it has produced a new meat-vegetable hybrid food category called “megetables.” It’s an obvious troll against its fast food rivals, including Burger King, McDonald’s and a dozen or so others, which are adding plant-based meat alternatives to their menus.

Arby’s has no immediate plans to sell its crazy new concoctions in stores, and the blog post announcing the megetables reads fully tongue-in cheek. But an Arby’s spokesman said the concept is “not a joke at all.”

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
Xist (07-06-2019)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-04-2019, 11:22 PM   #72 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I've only watched the first few seconds, but true to form, he's already on about mammoth burgers and dino-steaks:

Old 07-06-2019, 03:12 PM   #73 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Mom loves seafood. The woman I am currently seeing will say that shrimp are "The cockroach of the sea" while at Mom's house and we are eating shrimp. She periodically says things and I respond "Why would you think that is okay to say? You are in time out for twenty-four hours."

The last one was "Why are we together?" which she insists was a joke.

Trust me, I know funny, I am a clownfish.

The final straw with an ex was that she went on vacation for her fortieth birthday and then could not pay her rent. She indicated she wanted me to help her out, I said "I only have enough money to pay my life insurance" and she responded "I was trained in life insurance. That does not sound like a good deal."

I never gave any details, so me not paying her rent must have not been a good deal--for her.

She posted on Facebook a few days ago that her alternator went out. She worked as a music therapist and went to school to become a speech therapist, but now she works at a thrift store. I asked her what her plan was and she responded "I don't know, but I leave for NYC on Tuesday, so I will probably just take care of it when I get back."

The thing is, had she said "I really need help, I cannot afford this, and I cannot get to work without my car," having self-diagnosed White Knight Syndrome, I would have driven down and replaced her alternator.

Better than helping a forty-two year-old that does not take care of herself would be that I probably would not have sprained my ankle.

I will not pay for a vacation with a credit card. I do not understand how you can supposedly ignore your imploding life just because you are on vacation.

This thread definitely is not about the crazy women that I date, it is just that the first took one bite of Mom's seafood dinner, spat it out, and Mom made her something else.

What is wrong with people? I do not care that it came from water, it is food!

Almost everything discussed in this thread has been food. If someone offered me a cricket burger I would probably try it. I have never tried menudo, tripe, or various odds and ends, but someone once offered me squid and octopus and I ate it. I wish that they served Impossible Burgers near me, but since Whoppers are only worth 99¢, I could only ever see myself buying one.

I like the idea of Morning Star products just because I find them to be more satisfying than salads.

I like the idea of eating vegan, I just have not liked any vegan food that I have eaten so far, specifically tofu:
Old 07-06-2019, 03:50 PM   #74 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
This thread definitely is not about the crazy women that I date.....
Xist's Law: As a thread grows longer the odds that Xist will mention his [Mom/crazy ex] goes asymptotic.

Shrimp and crab share the same despicable dietary habits, but IMHO crab tastes better.

Old 07-06-2019, 06:06 PM   #75 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Can anyone tell me if cockroaches taste as good as lobster?

I keep trying figure out how to mention driving Army trucks to bring balance to the Force, but I have not figured out how to work it in.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:47 PM   #76 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I have no idea what lobster taste like. Maybe like crayfish? Or crawfish?

I had a whole motor pool full of Army trucks. The company commander was obsessive about having the trailer's hitches lined up.

Old 07-06-2019, 10:26 PM   #77 (permalink)
Banned

Mammoth have many DNA sampls, despite in "broken" state. Dinos have no DNA ever extacted, despite in last decade some proteins was extracted. Dinos are too old and most material was replaced with minerals. I think they will never find dino DNA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
I've only watched the first few seconds, but true to form, he's already on about mammoth burgers and dino-steaks:

Old 07-06-2019, 10:28 PM   #78 (permalink)
Banned

I heard about fake crab. Maybe it's make with cockroaches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Can anyone tell me if cockroaches taste as good as lobster?

I keep trying figure out how to mention driving Army trucks to bring balance to the Force, but I have not figured out how to work it in.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:28 PM   #79 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=lab-grown+ice+cream

Old 07-17-2019, 10:39 AM   #80 (permalink)
Banned

Well...

https://www.care2.com/causes/would-y...hout-cows.html

But there is already many ice creams for vegan. I did a chocolate ice cream last month, using coconut milk, soymilk and cocoa powder, plus emulsifier and raw sugar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post

Reply  Post New Thread