Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2018, 12:17 PM   #101 (permalink)
Banned

USA have a lot of money nto keep the savages under controll. The huge number of prisioneers per 10.000 habitants.

USA have a lot of very nice people, and I had the pleasure of talk with some by web, but also have a lot of very angry people.
Brazilian justice works for punish poor people mostly.

I remamber a relative talking about a niece of hin, who was arrested for drug possession, and he was saying that it took a lot of work to take her, cause she was even selling some drug to get money for her own. But if was a poor black girl they would not talk this way, with pity, but would speak like wass talking about a bandit.

Our judges are greed, get salaries above the roof limite, get residence help even already living in luxurious homes, and vote to help any other judge in problems with law (a mafia).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
My stance on gun control is "use both hands"

When it comes to using brainwashed kids to push for a dictatorial approach on gun control, it's a clear sign that most of the U.S. actually does it the right way. Plus the justice seems to work there, at least not being as slow as it is in Brazil.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-19-2018, 04:44 PM   #102 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
Quote:
USA have a lot of very nice people, .... but also have a lot of very angry people.
Brazilian justice works for punish poor people mostly.
Same as it ever was.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:45 AM   #103 (permalink)
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
All that said, it's still worth discussing reasonable gun restrictions. It seems to me that people should demonstrate proficient gun handling and pass a written test of best safety practices; similar to how we regulate driving privileges.

I was required to take a 2 day motorcycle training course to be endorsed to ride. It gave me a massive head start on riding skills as well as safe riding practices; practices that I adopted for cage driving, such as looking both ways before crossing through an intersection.
It actually makes some sense to consider a proficient gun handling test and a written test of best safety practices, in a similar way to what is done by the military. But anyway, since it's compulsory for all straight and non-disabled males between 18 and 45 years-old to be reservists here in the Chimpanzil, it's kinda pointless to have so many gun restrictions. Just look at Switzerland, which might have a higher guns-per-inhabitant ratio than the U.S. and has the lowest murdering ratio. BTW one thing I am extremely favorable is to have armed staff (including teachers) at schools, as the "gun-free zones" enforced at schools have proven themselves a failure to prevent mass-shootings not just there in the U.S. but here in Brazil too. I remember some 7 years ago talking about gun safety with some college girls who got scared after watching a breaking news coverage about a school shooting in Rio de Janeiro, and unfortunately most people buy into the anti-gun narrative which is still quite common at the mainstream media. Globo, the largest TV network in Brazil, has been supporting that anti-gun narrative for a long time.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:58 AM   #104 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 40.51 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,514 Times in 1,554 Posts
Wikipedia estimates the US has 4x the guns per capita when compared to Switzerland:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estima...ita_by_country
Old 04-20-2018, 10:26 AM   #105 (permalink)
Banned

I presune you watched In The Line of Fire (1993) :

Plastic composite gun...

But it wasn't 'Mythbustered" yet.

Anyway a automatic gun, a assault riffle, like the one american kids have access, would be very dificult to print.

Handle guns are more difficult than appears, since even cops can have problem. People get scared and can shot on street, trying to target a criminal, and shot innocent passing by people.
It could also create a gun racing, with people getting scared of each other and getting guns and more guns, if hard training and hard psychologic tests don't be required.

Switizerland have incredible controll of guns, since they even count how many loads the gun have and if any bullet was used. And their people are not monkeys like on Brazil and some percentage of USA people (I said some percentage, since they have also great people among the population).
Switzerland, a country with low criminal incidence, with people with conscience and who dialog instead of jump into a fight for silly reason.
It's like the difference of give a car to a sober rightfull person or give to a complete drunk person.
They have guns to protect from invasions, and not to protect against each other of their own people. So the guns politic there it's not the reason of low criminal rate. Low criminal rate it's a consequence of their cultural values, school programs, social programs, valorization of intelectual. Brazil and USA's dark side values only think in musccles, power boobs and d...ks.

Quote:
The gun control debate will soon be a moot point; when anyone can print any gun they want for $5.
We'll then be yelling about 3D printer control, which will be a pointless discussion since there is no controlling that technology.

Last edited by All Darc; 04-20-2018 at 10:59 AM..
Old 04-20-2018, 11:28 AM   #106 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
Quote:
Anyway a automatic gun, a assault riffle, like the one american kids have access, would be very dificult to print.
Where in the 'americas' do kids have access to full-automatic 'riffles'?

Old 04-20-2018, 11:32 AM   #107 (permalink)
Banned

It was a bit of sarcasm, given the many shooting in public school.

Sh..t head over 21 can buy guns, and sh..t heads can sell for teenager with money. The many shooting indicates kids/young teens, can get guns, find a way, despite not allowed by law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Where in the 'americas' do kids have access to full-automatic 'riffles'?

Edited : Found out now :

Last edited by All Darc; 04-20-2018 at 01:01 PM..
Old 04-20-2018, 12:42 PM   #108 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
one thing I am extremely favorable is to have armed staff (including teachers) at schools, as the "gun-free zones" enforced at schools have proven themselves a failure to prevent mass-shootings not just there in the U.S. but here in Brazil too.
Something like 95% of mass shootings in the US are in "gun free" zones. Knowing people will not be capable of defending themselves sets up the perfect scenario for someone intending to kill unimpeded.

The school officers I've seen in Oregon have been armed, and I might be open to teachers voluntarily carrying after passing a rigorous psych eval. Might just be another opportunity for a kid to get their hands on a toy the second the teacher isn't paying attention. Protocol would have to be very rigorous, such as no leaving the gun in the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
Wikipedia estimates the US has 4x the guns per capita when compared to Switzerland:
The interesting statistic isn't guns per capita, because some people have a hundred guns, but you can only fire 1 at a time. The interesting statistic is percentage of population that owns at least 1 gun. I don't know how Switzerland compares to the US, but I'm curious to find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
...over 21 can buy guns, and sh..t heads can sell for teenager with money. The many shooting indicates kids/young teens, can get guns, find a way, despite not allowed by law.
The legal age to purchase a firearm in most states in the US is 18. It's proven that the male brain hasn't fully developed the rational centers until about 25. I'd be open to raising the age of gun ownership to something higher, like 21. I'd let minors operate firearms under the supervision of a responsible adult, but not own and freely access guns. Let them grow up and get a handle on their emotions first.

As All Darc points out, the problem really is family / cultural. Boys need to be taught that it's a virtue to possess great power only when accompanied by great restraint.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 04-20-2018 at 09:06 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
freebeard (04-20-2018)
Old 04-20-2018, 01:06 PM   #109 (permalink)
Banned

I start to imagine the image of a shooting room training, with a target board with drawing, like drawing of a bandit, a terrorist, and the drawing of a woman with babies or drawing of a kid, to train fast response only to right targets.
Now the teacher training would be a target board with the drawing of teen student with a gun.

creep...

Edited ... Social experiment. And the "black" guy on Brazil would be considered white or kind of.

Maybe that's why most shootings in schools and in open place, for no reason, are made by white people.

Last edited by All Darc; 04-20-2018 at 01:20 PM..
Old 04-20-2018, 01:15 PM   #110 (permalink)
Banned

People today get mature of body earlier, and mature of brain/mind later. There are a lot of people older than 25 but thinking and behaving like 17.

Women are also responsible to the sexism and "testosteroncentrism" of society. And modern women are getting quite "testosteronized", angry and violent too.
Women (mothers) teachs the young kid boy, more than the father, in terms of values.

On Brazil women complain about sexism when it's convenient. For example, they are cheated by man and then say man are dogs, cretins, cheaters etc... But when they (women) want a man, if she is refused they call the man gay, sisi, etc...
Women here modulate between sexism and feminist accoding what better fi then in a given moment. When you put a great argument in their face, showing the crap hypocrisy, swomen stay silence.

Quote:
AIt's proven that the male brain hasn't fully developed the rational centers until about 25.

As All Darc points out, the problem really is family / cultural. Boys need to be taught that it's a virtue to possess great power power only when accompanied by great restraint.

Last edited by All Darc; 04-20-2018 at 03:37 PM..
Reply  Post New Thread