Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2009, 05:43 AM   #31 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
You avoided the question, again. Why are you here? To bash China? This is an international forum?!? To sell magnets or website setup services?

Have you solved mankinds energy problems?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-24-2009, 05:56 AM   #32 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Selfishness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
Then don't be selfish with what you think you know. I really have no idea why you are here, smoke and mirrors is going to get called as B.S., though maybe politely for a while unless you get the hint early.

You claimed something and are incapable of backing it up. At this point I'm going to say back it up or shut up. We aren't idiots here but I'm starting to get the idea that you think we are. No more cryptic, no more excuses, share the plans and let someone replicate it or why the hell are you here?
Further: I don't see that not just giving away my resources to people too lazy to produce their own, or to think their own problems through, is being "selfish". Nor is it unfriendly. I think your attitude sucks, kid, and if you think that being abusive will get you points with me or anyone else with common sense, then your butt and head have changed places. I think that directing your energies to solving your own problems with your engine is a better use of your time.
Good luck and God Bless you.
Bill Whedon

Old 03-24-2009, 06:07 AM   #33 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWhedon View Post
Further: I don't see that not just giving away my resources to people too lazy to produce their own, or to think their own problems through, is being "selfish". Nor is it unfriendly. I think your attitude sucks, kid, and if you think that being abusive will get you points with me or anyone else with common sense, then your butt and head have changed places. I think that directing your energies to solving your own problems with your engine is a better use of your time.
Good luck and God Bless you.
Bill Whedon
I spend most of my time solving my own problems. It just looks to me like you are abusing this forum to cast about for idiots.

Have a nice life Bill. May God forgive you for hoarding solutions to real problems, if that is indeed the case. You will have to forgive me if I do not simply take your word for it, you should not expect any other result when presenting only hearsay.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:16 AM   #34 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Magnets and aluminum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post

^^^My current favorite magnetic device - The Magnevex.

It uses a Fibonacci spiral array of magnets on external vortices, which rotate in tandem. Without reproducing the design, I have no idea if it would actually work, but I know that the creator (as well as many other people) are making a huge mistake using aluminum for any part of a magnet motor, since aluminum DOES in fact react to magnets. It creates a braking effect.

Don't believe me? Drop a 5kg magnet onto a 1" thick aluminum plate... bet it makes very little noise...
Another cool experiment .. Get a 1/4" ID aluminum tube about 24" long (SK Metals rack at your local Ace Hardware) and drop a 4.5mm diameter N52 magnet (5mm long cylindrical) down it and see how long it takes to get to the bottom! Quite a little eye-opener! I thought it had hung up somewhere in the tube and sighted down the tube just as it dropped out .. about 20 seconds later! Eddy currents are amazing! There's even an electric range that cooks on an aluminum frying pan that it floats by eddy current action from an electromagnetic "burner" that doesn't get hot! (The pan does, of course!)

Magnetism is a truly incredible force!
God Bless us all, and grant us the prosperity of knowledge!
Bill Whedon

Old 03-24-2009, 06:29 AM   #35 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Casting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
I spend most of my time solving my own problems. It just looks to me like you are abusing this forum to cast about for idiots.

Have a nice life Bill. May God forgive you for hoarding solutions to real problems, if that is indeed the case. You will have to forgive me if I do not simply take your word for it, you should not expect any other result when presenting only hearsay.
Well, I've only met one idiot here so far, and I'm sure that God will forgive me for not passing out my allegedly bogus solutions. Kindly quit trolling. It ain't gonna work. You're wasting my time and yours, so, entertaining though it's been, howzabout you pack it in.
It's about 5:30 AM and I'm tired of this battle of wits with an unarmed kid. Get some sleep.
God Bless you,
Bill Whedon

Old 03-24-2009, 06:59 AM   #36 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

Please don't speak for God, or use God for your self promotion schemes. It is very conceited and vain. That's not a good look, as the kids say.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:23 AM   #37 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Guzzler - '08 Hyundai Elantra GL
90 day: 33.12 mpg (US)

Got Soul? - '11 Kia Soul 2U
You invented the magnetic screen, great!

Bill,

What exactly is your purpose here?

Quote:
This is not a solicitation for investors [...] We are issuing an invitation to participate in small ways, only, with the promise that when the engines go commercial, we all get rewarded.
That is an ambiguous statement that I would like explained a bit more in details.

You see, this place here is about sharing, which is a bidirectional process.

I am afraid that unless you can clarify your situation, this thread might have to be deleted.

And please everyone, stick to the subject.

www.HyperKilometreur.com - Quand chaque goutte compte...

Old 03-24-2009, 09:14 AM   #38 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Hmmmmm

I just happened upon this thread now. The first thing that occurred to me is tha the name Bill Whedon sounds very familiar. Is this the same Bill Whedon who was trying to sell me (for thousands of dollars) a pre-combustion catalytic convertor, so that my car fuel economy would increase by up to 50%?

If so, did that endeavor not pan out so well?

Old 03-24-2009, 10:30 AM   #39 (permalink)
PaleMelanesian's Disciple

City - '04 Honda City iDSI EXi
90 day: 47.47 mpg (US)
Mods, this all is sooo much fitting the pattern. The great 'Magnavex' is nothing but a clever / needlessly complicated magnetic coupler, the 'magnetic motor' originally described and demonstrated is nothing but a clever magnetic curio, being touted as perpetual motion machine only because there is insufficient understanding of the finality (of course, relative, but pretty much absolute for all practical purposes) of laws of thermodynamics, and a fascinating smooth talking snake oil merchant who drops hints about multi-million dollar investors but still talks to perfect strangers on online fora about inventions that are 'patent pending'...

Maybe lets all get back to work and thank Bill for leaving this forum unmolested till this thread came about. Maybe we need that unmolested peace to continue...

Old 03-24-2009, 10:46 AM   #40 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

nope, no catalytic converters here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikin' Ed View Post
I just happened upon this thread now. The first thing that occurred to me is tha the name Bill Whedon sounds very familiar. Is this the same Bill Whedon who was trying to sell me (for thousands of dollars) a pre-combustion catalytic convertor, so that my car fuel economy would increase by up to 50%?

If so, did that endeavor not pan out so well?
Not I, for sure! I have nowt to do with catalytic converters. I'm here to offer assistance where possible, and to ask for assistance from others in getting parts together for my own magnetic engine project because I have very low income. I've been plagued by trolls and simpleminded nasty children for my troubles, so if the moderator is another of those, kindly advise me so I can find a more adult forum.

Most of the participants here had been quite nice until Mr. DCB reared his namecalling little head with unfounded accusations and general nastiness. So I defended myself, in a sarcastically humorus manner. Now I am being attacked by that same nasty little piece of work for my caring and attitude that God should be invoked to help people, and by another child who is apparently one of his sycophants who not only does not know me, but who chooses to accuse me of some unrelated scam, nonetheless. If these are the sorts of stupid cretin children that you choose to allow to populate your list, then perhaps you'd be better served to give them the boot and bring in some reasonable adults.

Read my posts, please. I do what I can to help, and I am generally as respectful as the converse I receive. So you tell me .. if I'm attacked out of the blue by some unreasonable child, am I supposed to avoid confronting him for his imbecilic behaviour? Is this a forum to be populated by intelligent adults? Or is it a gang of unruly schoolchildren? You're the moderator? Then fix it however you want to make it and I will comply. I haven't time nor patience to play with the little bullies.
Respectfully, God Bless you,
Bill Whedon

Closed Thread  Post New Thread