Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2009, 08:39 PM   #41 (permalink)
EtOH

Cordelia - '15 Mazda Mazda3 i Sport
90 day: 37.83 mpg (US)
Cool

Ethanol isn't a gas or even gasoline related. But that doesn't make his wording legal, I think. He doesn't give the total amount of energy his mustang is consuming at all. But if I'd wager a guess he has his "400hp" mustang getting 13 mpg city 20 mpg highway, with 16mpg being the mixed average. 16 divided by 15% = 106 and 20 divided by 15% = 133. That's not very spectacular even on E85. Not to mention the extremely limited platforms that even want a 5l V8 or even a 400hp engine!

I've seen that formula used to show what someone running E85 looks like to an Oil company. They write their E85 mpg next to their gasoline mpg. It's an interesting antic, but nevertheless inaccurate. I believe it takes twice that much oil per gallon of E85. But even then it not's about how much money they're saving either.

At least now you can remember that not all scams involve Nigeria not even internet based scams. This reminds me of the TV drama (possibly CSI) that told a story of two brothers who ran a scam in an office in one of the Twin Towers. Soo much faux drama .

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-14-2009, 02:12 AM   #42 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Chug - '96 Volkswagon Polo CL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 49.42 mpg (US)

L'Autre - '03 Renault Megane Sport Tourer Expression
Diesel
90 day: 45.02 mpg (US)
its like the 'earn$123,000 a day' scams "our 100% legal no selling automated system works to make you money" thats after you've paid $43 for a book that is all filler and they give you an identi-kit website that does exactly the same as th one you got douped by and then you have to pay to advertise it. not that i'm bitter

basic rule of thumb - if it looks too good to be true, it will be!

exit stratergy? I wouldn't flatter him - don't think he's looking that far ahead

twitter.com/bertchalmers
Old 07-14-2009, 03:50 PM   #43 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Actually, I don't quite get what Doug's story is....He runs a private company, unless he and Revenge merge, so he can't make money from selling stock. And, unless potential investors, gov't agencies offering funds, or those who might make business deals with him to produce motors, are really really gullible, he'll not get anyone to give him money.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:01 PM   #44 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Maybe he's like those clowns that claimed to have had a dead sasquatch in their cooler. They were obviously going to get caught and look like fools, and yet...
Old 07-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #45 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbtree View Post
Actually, I don't quite get what Doug's story is....He runs a private company, unless he and Revenge merge, so he can't make money from selling stock. And, unless potential investors, gov't agencies offering funds, or those who might make business deals with him to produce motors, are really really gullible, he'll not get anyone to give him money.
He has a limited liability something or other.

Yes, gummint agencies and investors ARE THAT GULLI BULL.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:14 PM   #46 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Yes, they could be......

Some are claiming they've been told by Doug that he spent $3 mil of his own $ to develop his magic motor.

My guess, that's a load of bull. He claims sales of $200 k a year...which is small, considering he farms out mfr of the girdle, which sells for a few hundred $, depending on the engine it's for.

He sells a few used cars, as can be seen on his horsepowersales.com site.....

He has a myspace page, with a few hot pin-up girls for friends. Doubt they pay HIM for his services..guffaw...
Old 08-08-2009, 02:39 PM   #47 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Following up, Here's some letters that Doug recently posted on his site. He also received $50,000 loan from his county. Wondering when he's gonna show this 110 mpg-e proof?

Hp2g.com

Being as no sensible person thinks his claims are possible, I'm wondering how to go about contacting these people to warn them. Does anyone think they'd want to hear what some with no involvement think? Or how to go about it?
Old 08-08-2009, 02:51 PM   #48 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I emailed hp2g a while back:

Sent: Monday, July 27, 2009 07:03 PM
To: team@hp2g.com
Subject: mpg-e versus mpg

I'd like some clarifciation of some of your figures and statements.

First, you claim the Mustang is capable of 110 mpg-e. Then, on your test results, how do you account for the figures on the Vegas trip? You're claiming 144 mpg actual at 70 mph and loaded to 4895 pounds??!! You have to be kidding.

Elsewhere, you were quoted or stated on some interview that the average gas engine is 8-10% efficient, and you could increase that number to 38% or about 3.8 to 4.8 times. While most find that to be unachievable, your above test data is claiming closer to an 800% gain.
As well, you should know that 25-30% is a closer number for the efficiency of a modern gasoline engine. Some has surmised that, with extreme measures, 68% could be obtained.

So, are you claiming to have proven the laws of thermodynamics breakable?

I noticed that you were essentially laughed off the ecomodder forum....perhaps because you had no answer to their tough questions. I'm assuming you'll treat me the same. Prove me wrong.

R..

Of course, the 3 second to 60 mph number that you stammered out is also absurd. You should know that that car, at that weight, would need over 600 hp to achieve a time that quick. Maybe 4.5 seconds.......

here's the ridiculous reply, which rambled on about Edison, etc, but didn't address my questions.

R......: I am only in business management. I know nothing about physics, electro-magnetic energy, engineering, thermodynamics or anything that you and the other scientific "experts" with your knowledge and calculators know. I only know what I see. And I have seen this engine do exactly what we say it does. I don't know "how" it does it. I leave that to the inventor. I just know it does. I guess everyone once thought that the earth was flat and that a massive global warming was science fiction. The problem is not with our engine or its fuel economy or other performance statistics. The problem is that people don't allow themselves to think "outside the box". That is sad. They try very hard to make everything fit inside their own comfortable understanding because they're comfortable that way and because everyone else thinks that way and there's strength in numbers. Imagine what our world would be like if Columbus and the other explorers didn't ever make the trip because they were afraid, like everyone else, that they would fall off the earth. Or what if those who created and perfected flying machines never did their work because they believed the conventional, scientific and aerodynamic wisdom that such machines could never work. Henry Ford thought outside the box, so did Einstein, Edison, and Walt Disney. And then there's probably the greatest "outside the box" thinker and believer of them all, Jesus. If they had the right to be different, to defy the "laws" of science, why can't we. And who on this planet has the right to tell us that we can't think and achieve things that are beyond scientific "reasoning". We don't "reason" here at HP2g, LLC. We think "what if" and "why not" and "yes, it can be done". That's why the HP2g exists and why it performs the way it does. It does not operate and is not "limited" by conventional scientific or engineering thought and principals. The "proof" for the inside the box skeptics will come. Until then, we will keep working, keep thinking, keep dreaming, keep experimenting and keep achieving. Thank you for your interest in the HP2g.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:59 PM   #49 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

LR3 - '06 Land Rover LR3 HSE
90 day: 21.13 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbtree View Post
I emailed hp2g a while back:
<snip>
Thank you for your interest in the HP2g.
Well, at least they didn't "warn" you like they did me.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:43 PM   #50 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Geo - '93 Geo Metro
Team Metro
90 day: 45.16 mpg (US)
WTF is the "e" at the end of MPG mean?

Reply  Post New Thread