Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > The Unicorn Corral
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2013, 01:19 AM   #221 (permalink)
NightKnight

RippinRoo - '05 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5 GT
Subaru
90 day: 21.16 mpg (US)

Helga - '00 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
Diesel
90 day: 53.91 mpg (US)

Olga - '03 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon
90 day: 46.24 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by racprops View Post
Now that you brought it up..but from all the problems with proving it..I don't know if I can bother.
If you cannot be bothered to prove it, how can you be honest about your product actually working?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-17-2013, 03:46 AM   #222 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I am going to stop responding to such silly posts.

I have posted some of the articles that back up my thinking..fight with them.

I have found when the other side is losing the last resort is to attack my spelling and grammar.

Good by.

Old 09-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #223 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

*bye

It's been fun!

-soD

Old 09-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #224 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by some_other_dave View Post
*bye

It's been fun!

-soD

Yes and informing.

I been reading other threads here and man what a hard audience.

It seems that any idea not about hypermilling or aerodramatics posted is dog piled like crazy.

The people here would deny it if a UFO landed in their own front yard and carried off their dog right in front of them.

Rich

Last edited by racprops; 09-17-2013 at 07:09 PM..

Old 09-18-2013, 12:59 AM   #225 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

minispeed-Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 82.15 mpg (US)

MDX - '01 Acura MDX Touring
90 day: 22.29 mpg (US)

the wife's car - '13 Toyota Prius Plus
90 day: 45.99 mpg (US)

leaf-one - '15 Nissan Leaf SV
Wow this post is so much fun! I've just seen so many things on the few days I've been away I can't even remember them all, I quoted a few but then I had to stop.

Quote:
If they wanted to it could be done.
They did do it, it was called the Gen1 insight, it got destroyed in sales by the Prius, then Ford chose to use that hybrid design too (I'm pretty sure they have an agreement to share patents.) In 2004 when the Prius became a much better every day family car it represented almost a 100% improvement over city MPG for an auto Honda Civic, one of the best selling cars in North America. Last I heard none of their engineers have been “silenced”.... The patent on the Prius HSD is going to expire soon (Radical New Toyota Prius in the Pipeline - Motor Trend), do you really think any R&D department is going to listen to the engineers about spending money to develop lean burn when they can just use proven tech for free soon?

Quote:
Yes it passed I got my new sticker to prove it.
For a system to pass the new car tests for emissions they have to show projections that after a certain amount of millage (I think it’s 100,000miles) the emissions will be below a certain threshold. Most areas that do smog checks will allow cars to go well beyond the threshold set by the EPA for a new car system. So just because you passed an end user smog test does not mean the same tech would pass for a new car maker to use.

If you remember from some of the previous replies that was an issue with current European diesel engines more so than gas. It was easier to ensure that new diesel tech met the new car standards than it was for them to prove that they would still meet the standard after they aged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racprops
Jay's father is a retired police officer and the most highly decorated in northern Nevada with many connections to the law department. Jay went straight to the DA and filed a complaint.

Within five hours they were able to lift this guy's fingerprints off the presentation which revealed his residence his name and who he works for. He lives in Richmond California and works for UNOCAL which stands for Union oil Company of California
If you spread some of your research away from engines to techniques usually used by people trying to deceive you, then you would notice a lot from the above.

First people who want to deceive you will throw in extra info to support their findings and make them sound more credible. Often this information is not relevant at all. Does it matter that the police officer is Jay’s father? Does it matter that he is the most highly decorated in northern Nevada? Does it even matter that he is decorated, highly decorated or even the most highly decorated? That sounds great, but there is litterly only 1 person like that in all of Nevada. What are the odds? Ok so maybe he's not the most decorated officer, so now we know the person telling the story lied, so what else did they lie about? Also if he is that great of an officer would he be involved and use his connections to get information that could get those people fired for giving out? If this had really happened the only way Jay would know about a finger print match is if they found a guy and charged him. He may know if they arrested him and charges fell through, or were not pursued but there is no mention of that part. That would be a pretty logical step but why was it not in the story? So wouldn’t a person telling a true story write something like. “Jay turned the paper into the police, they got a finger print match and charged the person…” All the other stuff is filler information to make it sound like it holds water.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:28 AM   #226 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Yes and informing.

I been reading other threads here and man what a hard audience.

It seems that any idea not about hypermilling or aerodramatics posted is dog piled like crazy.

The people here would deny it if a UFO landed in their own front yard and carried off their dog right in front of them.

Rich
You missed the point there.
It is a hard audience because until now, every idea about HHO, Water injection, fuel magnets and so on, have NOT been proven to work.
Whereas hypermiling and aerodramatics HAVE been shown to work.

Please believe me when I say I would be happy to buy a piggyback OBDII or a vapor fuel device from you if it doubled my MPG. Just don't expect me to buy it when all I've got to go on is your claims, that just ignore the laws of physics.

Good luck with your plans. I honestly hope you can achieve your goals.
For now, I just don't think you will.

The Following User Says Thank You to wickydude For This Useful Post:
jamesqf (09-18-2013)
Old 09-18-2013, 02:51 AM   #227 (permalink)
Aero Deshi

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)
So I Googled one of his "Quotes" to see the source, and it turns out to be Bushnell Engineering who was granted a bunch of patents on vapor fuel technologies back in 2000-2003 or so, since the overwhelming success of these technologies have taken off and become mainstream, run of the mill, systems used on all cars everywhere due to their superior ability to extract every ounce of energy from a gram of 87octane petrol, allowing us all to get fuel mileage our grandparents couldn't even dream about. Bushnell has been relegated to the dust bin of history, all of the founders and initial supporters all living the lives of the super rich, as well they should. Sort of like the Bee Gees. (Do I detect sarcasm? Yes....dripping)

Here's a page of pithy goodness for you to peruse.

And why for the love of all that is holy......would someone repeat a mistake 5 or 6 times in a post......and not go back and edit it out to make it a non sequitur? I dunno about the rest of you, but Ecomodder supplied me with a little green "Edit" button at the bottom of all the posts I make. Ain't nuthin here that needs to be a historical record....exspecially if I'z is sayin stoopid stuff.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:17 AM   #228 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazInMT View Post
So I Googled one of his "Quotes" to see the source, and it turns out to be Bushnell Engineering who was granted a bunch of patents on vapor fuel technologies back in 2000-2003 or so, since the overwhelming success of these technologies have taken off and become mainstream, run of the mill, systems used on all cars everywhere due to their superior ability to extract every ounce of energy from a gram of 87octane petrol, allowing us all to get fuel mileage our grandparents couldn't even dream about. Bushnell has been relegated to the dust bin of history, all of the founders and initial supporters all living the lives of the super rich, as well they should. Sort of like the Bee Gees. (Do I detect sarcasm? Yes....dripping)

Here's a page of pithy goodness for you to peruse.

And why for the love of all that is holy......would someone repeat a mistake 5 or 6 times in a post......and not go back and edit it out to make it a non sequitur? I dunno about the rest of you, but Ecomodder supplied me with a little green "Edit" button at the bottom of all the posts I make. Ain't nuthin here that needs to be a historical record....exspecially if I'z is sayin stoopid stuff.
Because you all have read it and quoted and your can't change history and to do so only looks like you switch sides or lacked conviction. Seems silly to try to hid your mistakes specially when you can just read the next post to see the original...

Thanks that does bring me up to date.

And it seems I am a couple of years too late and from the look of it a couple of millions light.

BUT it also perhaps show I was on the right path:

From Frequently Asked Questions | Vapor Fuel Technologies

"
Where can I buy one?

The VFT fuel system is not available to the public at this time. We are in the process of completing the final design and testing.

When will the VFT fuel system be ready for consumers?

Our goal is to begin sales of the first of the VFT fuel systems in 2010. We are however making presentations to fleet owners for budgetary purposes prior to that time.

How much will it cost to retrofit my vehicle?

Other than large fleet owners with trained mechanics, our current plan is to market through installing distributors. We believe the cost for a fully installed retrofit system will be about $900.00 U.S.

Will it work on my vehicle?

We have successfully tested the VFT System on several different vehicles and are constantly expanding that number. We will be posting, and updating, a list of tested and approved vehicles in the near future.

Which vehicles will the first fuel systems be available for?

VFT has decided to introduce the system in stages based on engine platforms. The first retrofit packages will be for the larger 8 cylinder Trucks and SUVs. We believe this will make the largest immediate impact to the economy concerning gas prices and environmental issues.

Can my vehicle be used for testing?

VFT is not accepting individual vehicle donations for testing of the product. We are however seeking fleet vehicles for testing to begin in 2009.

Why should I continue using fossil fuel?

VFT believes that alternative technologies are going to be very viable and will make significant impacts to the environment and the economy. Unfortunately, most of the alternate technologies are still early in the development stage and the infrastructure does not exist to support them. We believe our products will help lessen our dependency on oil now while the technology and infrastructure are created in the coming years."

The $64,000 question is what happened to their roll out..it is now 2013...

Rich

Old 09-18-2013, 04:23 AM   #229 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by minispeed View Post
Wow this post is so much fun! I've just seen so many things on the few days I've been away I can't even remember them all, I quoted a few but then I had to stop.

They did do it, it was called the Gen1 insight, it got destroyed in sales by the Prius, then Ford chose to use that hybrid design too (I'm pretty sure they have an agreement to share patents.) In 2004 when the Prius became a much better every day family car it represented almost a 100% improvement over city MPG for an auto Honda Civic, one of the best selling cars in North America. Last I heard none of their engineers have been “silenced”.... The patent on the Prius HSD is going to expire soon (Radical New Toyota Prius in the Pipeline - Motor Trend), do you really think any R&D department is going to listen to the engineers about spending money to develop lean burn when they can just use proven tech for free soon?

For a system to pass the new car tests for emissions they have to show projections that after a certain amount of millage (I think it’s 100,000miles) the emissions will be below a certain threshold. Most areas that do smog checks will allow cars to go well beyond the threshold set by the EPA for a new car system. So just because you passed an end user smog test does not mean the same tech would pass for a new car maker to use.

If you remember from some of the previous replies that was an issue with current European diesel engines more so than gas. It was easier to ensure that new diesel tech met the new car standards than it was for them to prove that they would still meet the standard after they aged.

If you spread some of your research away from engines to techniques usually used by people trying to deceive you, then you would notice a lot from the above.

First people who want to deceive you will throw in extra info to support their findings and make them sound more credible. Often this information is not relevant at all. Does it matter that the police officer is Jay’s father? Does it matter that he is the most highly decorated in northern Nevada? Does it even matter that he is decorated, highly decorated or even the most highly decorated? That sounds great, but there is litterly only 1 person like that in all of Nevada. What are the odds? Ok so maybe he's not the most decorated officer, so now we know the person telling the story lied, so what else did they lie about? Also if he is that great of an officer would he be involved and use his connections to get information that could get those people fired for giving out? If this had really happened the only way Jay would know about a finger print match is if they found a guy and charged him. He may know if they arrested him and charges fell through, or were not pursued but there is no mention of that part. That would be a pretty logical step but why was it not in the story? So wouldn’t a person telling a true story write something like. “Jay turned the paper into the police, they got a finger print match and charged the person…” All the other stuff is filler information to make it sound like it holds water.
Oh well and fine BUT YOU FAILED TO READ IT ALL so here is part of your answer:

The police charged the thug with attempted manslaughter with a vehicle and reckless driving. They had him arrested and extradited to Nevada upon arrival he was put in jail.

Jay has a couple of buddies in the sheriffs department and when he asked them about this guy he was told they could not talk about the case. Don't know what that's all about but it is definitely spooky.

We believe this guy acted on his own as he was the northern Nevada and California sales representative for the oil company and probably saw $250,000 disappear yearly. That's all we have at this time if anything new turns up I will forward it to you. You have a good day now."

Old 09-18-2013, 04:32 AM   #230 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Lastly it does seem the best hope is for something around 30% incress in MPG.

As it has been pointed out with Fuel Vapor the legal problem is NOX.

It also has been said add a little water to the intake cools the burn and stops the NOX problem.

I guess the next question is can you still get enough bang to drive the car and how much water is need to keep up full time or match your tank of gasoline...

Personally I really look forward to the Air Car:

Compressed air car - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This looks like the greatest thing ever...with up to 1000 miles on air and 10 gal of gasoline.

So why is it NOT being sold here?

Rich

Closed Thread  Post New Thread