Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free > Open ReVolt: open source DC motor controller
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #6201 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Well I think I have fixed my glitch
I'm embarrassed about it
I think it was the brake pedal throttle shut off
I have two switches on my brakes
one for the brake lights
one that shorts across the pedal pot

I found that the pedal pot switch was almost closing when the pedal was up
I adjusted it about 2mm so it was definitely open when the pedal was up (no brakes)

Just one test drive but I tried to get a fault - nothing
Fingers crossed its OK now

Another drive - no glitches!

Last edited by duncan; 07-11-2013 at 03:47 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to duncan For This Useful Post:
mpgmike (01-22-2022)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-21-2013, 12:54 AM   #6202 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Firm ware version 11 (the latest Adam version at Evette.com) did not work??

Dear Adam, Paul,

I a, building the cougar 1000a controller, burn the last Adam's firmware version, unfortunately did not work.

While built 500a, using micro controller that per-programmed by Paul, everything's is OK and it's running well.

Gentlemen, please help......

Thank you very much.

Regards,
KUSAW
Old 07-22-2013, 02:16 AM   #6203 (permalink)
EV Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUSAW View Post
unfortunately did not work.
What exactly goes wrong? The programming of the microcontroller? That maybe due to not setting the right fuses.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #6204 (permalink)
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Ya, it could be fuses. F8 DC F7, for EXTENDED HIGH LOW. Except if you are using ponyprog (I think), then you use 08 for EXTENDED.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #6205 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Ok, I have finished build up new power board, and now I am focusing on over heat protection scripts. I have discovered that my controler read temperature very good but nothing happend when I put sensor to boiling water when I read only on rtd explorer overheat. I thought in that case controler will turn off the contactor for chill to protect transistors.

I have diged in software lines and I could not find any hardware action for high raw_hs_temp; // AD channel 1
on schematic
PC1/ADC1 24 channel

My question is : can we set up maximum working temperature and after reched this turn off contactors ???

I have boiled first set of IRFs so I do not want have this problem again

Please help

(maybe this isue should be published in http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...s-15909-4.html)

Last edited by SEBART PL; 08-02-2013 at 06:12 PM..
Old 08-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #6206 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Czesc,

AFAIK there's no contactor's cutoff with temperature; there's partial derating of max. available current in a few steps, like: 75 degC <> 87.5% of max. current.

If I'm wrong then somebody pls correct me...
Old 08-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #6207 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

BlueTooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety View Post
It would probably be easier to just hook a bluetooth device to the controllers serial port and make the iPhone read that... Would be sweet...

But I'd say that's a couple of revisions in the future...
I put one of the JY-MCU Bluetooth adapters (about $10) onto the board. Connected the RX and TX directly to the atmega chip output (pins 2 & 3) and found 5V and gnd somewhere. The board came with a short cable and pin header, so could be mounted outside the controller case.

The easiest (and so far the only one I've implemented) software fix is to drop the baud rate of the controller to 9600 - the default for the JY-MCU. You can change the baud rate of the BT device - you have to jump a pin and send an AT command. You could do this from a terminal emulator before you solder it to the board. Change the speed to 19200 and it should work with the controller as-is.

I can now perform I/O through BT and the output is echoed on the serial console. BUT you can't input through the serial port. You also have to pull the BT device off before you can download over the serial link (symptom of the same problem).

Anyone want to venture a guess as to whether I could get full bi-port control by moving the BT RX and/or TX to the other side (HIN202 side) of R19/R20 (or anywhere else)? I could just try it, but I've discovered there are a lot of smart people here and someone may actually know the correct solution.

The iPhone device problem is trivial to solve. Dump it and buy Android.
The Following User Says Thank You to artc For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (08-05-2013)
Old 08-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #6208 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

There're devices for creating RS232 link via Bluetooth - I used one with MegaSquirt. Once they've been set up they're invisible to software layer, it's just another COM port for operating system. You have the "dongle" connected to supply and data lines, on the other side you simply set the port to one of your Bluetooth com ports.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:59 PM   #6209 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by z_power View Post
There're devices for creating RS232 link via Bluetooth - I used one with MegaSquirt. Once they've been set up they're invisible to software layer, it's just another COM port for operating system. You have the "dongle" connected to supply and data lines, on the other side you simply set the port to one of your Bluetooth com ports.
That's what the JY-MCU does. You will need to match the baud rates. I'm just being greedy - I want both BT and RS232.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JY-MCU.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	13555  
Old 08-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #6210 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by z_power View Post
Czesc,

AFAIK there's no contactor's cutoff with temperature; there's partial derating of max. available current in a few steps, like: 75 degC <> 87.5% of max. current.

If I'm wrong then somebody pls correct me...
If so, derating is not enough for me I need to cut off completly, I do not know C+ very well to change program lines so propably I need to built another device with temperature control delay, but maybe adam or someone who can do it can improve coguar software,

Boiling mosfet shouldn't be an issue that safety future is one of the important thing in my opinion, overheating happend in few seconds you will not have chance to safe your mosfets if you wrongly put higer gear for example 5 instead of 3 or 4 instead of 2 etc. Only automatic cut off can do it for you, and time to cool down to let say 15 C degree less.

I do not have AVRstudio and I do not work in C+ so I can't put this in software:

if temp > temp_max
{contactor= 0, cooling=1};
if cooling=1 and temp<temp_normal
{contactor= 1, cooling=0};
'default
temp_max=75
temp_normal=60

Last edited by SEBART PL; 08-04-2013 at 05:12 PM.. Reason: more details passed
Reply  Post New Thread