Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2023, 07:39 PM   #311 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,596 Times in 7,079 Posts
DB Business does videos with jump-cut stock footage that is only tangentailly related, like so many others...

Graham Hancock - People Don't Know about Underground Discovery of Civilization in The Antarctica

They go from pyramids to megastructures to whole new mountain ranges hidden under the ice (as they show windswept peaks??). They cite scientific papers and flash GPS coordinates, but the pop culture presentation is no help with understanding.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-12-2023, 09:35 PM   #312 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,393 Times in 3,366 Posts
To summarize my disposition, I believe reality is stranger than fiction, but fiction is not stranger than reality. In other words, an accurate understanding of everything would be exceedingly difficult and contain an infinite amount of unusual facts... but advanced ancient civilizations that are undetected by us is not within that subset of unusual facts.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Old 06-12-2023, 09:54 PM   #313 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
"Not only is the Universe stranger than we think, it is stranger than ...
Werner Heisenberg — 'Not only is the Universe stranger than we think, it is stranger than we can think.'
But not for lack of trying.

My disposition isn't summarizable. it's semi-derisable. But the foundational bedrock is Synergetic Geometry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Synergetics_(Fuller)
Synergetics (Fuller) - Wikipedia
Definition [ edit] Fuller defined synergetics as follows: A system of mensuration employing 60-degree vectorial coordination comprehensive to both physics and chemistry, and to both arithmetic and geometry, in rational whole numbers ... Synergetics explains much that has not been previously illuminated ... Synergetics follows the cosmic logic of the structural mathematics strategies of nature, which employ the paired sets of the six angular degrees of freedom, frequencies, and vectorially economical actions and their multi-alternative, equi-economical action options ... Synergetics discloses the excruciating awkwardness characterizing present-day mathematical treatment of the interrelationships of the independent scientific disciplines as originally occasioned by their mutual and separate lacks of awareness of the existence of a comprehensive, rational, coordinating system inherent in nature.[7].
Translated from Buckyspeak, Universe doesn't care about pi or the Cartesian Coordiante system. Those just obfuscate what is really going on.

Quote:
Because of the fundamental nonsimultaneity of universal structuring, a single, simultaneous, static model of Universe is inherently both nonexistent and conceptually impossible as well as unnecessary. Ergo, Universe does not have a shape. Do not waste your time, as man has been doing for ages, trying to think of a unit shape "outside of which there must be something," or "within which, at center, there must be a smaller something." (307.04)

Quote:
but advanced ancient civilizations that are undetected by us is not within that subset of unusual facts.
The remnant artifacts were just put there to test our faith?

Quote:
https://hiddenincatours.com › lost-ancient-city-in-the-pacific-nan-madol
Lost Ancient City In The Pacific: Nan Madol - Hidden Inca Tours
Nan Madol is a ruined city that lies off the eastern shore of the island of Pohnpei, in the Federated States of Micronesia, and was the capital of the Saudeleur dynasty until about AD 1500. The Megalithic city consists of a series of small artificial islands linked by a network of canals and is often called the "Venice of the Pacific".

Old 06-12-2023, 10:43 PM   #314 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
T
Translated from Buckyspeak, Universe doesn't care about pi or the Cartesian Coordiante system. Those just obfuscate what is really going on.
By definition. An "accurate" map would be an exact replica of the thing being mapped. Maps that are "100% accurate" are not useful because they don't simplify the objective. Abstractions are always how we interact with reality, even though we exist within reality.

I maintain the universe is infinitely complex (you can also ask "yeah, but why") and perfectly understood only by an infinitely knowing being. Even if the universe is finite and theoretically understandable by finite beings, it's sufficiently complex to be regarded as infinite.

...which leads nicely into my point about advanced alien life. We can regard it as non-existent because the vastness of space precludes any evidence of their existence. On top of all that, any creature sophisticated enough to solve interstellar space travel has figured out how not to crash land, or otherwise becoming conspicuous when their intention is to remain inconspicuous. The whole topic is absurd from top to bottom, and every conceivable angle.

Last edited by redpoint5; 06-12-2023 at 11:26 PM..
Old 06-12-2023, 11:19 PM   #315 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
I maintain the universe in[sic]... sufficiently complex to be regarded as infinite.
Would you accept finite but unbounded? ....like Plato said?

Quote:
...which leads nicely into my point about advanced alien life.
No ir doesn't. But anyway...

The vastness of space is full of evidence of what we know not.

Quote:
Abstractions are always how we interact with reality, even though we exist within reality.
You should grok Fuller.
Quote:
A system of mensuration employing 60-degree vectorial coordination comprehensive to both physics and chemistry, and to both arithmetic and geometry, in rational whole numbers.
Synergetics discloses the excruciating awkwardness characterizing present-day mathematical treatment of the interrelationships of the independent scientific disciplines as originally occasioned by their mutual and separate lacks of awareness of the existence of a comprehensive, rational, coordinating system inherent in nature.

Old 06-13-2023, 01:25 AM   #316 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Quote:
Would you accept finite but unbounded? ....like Plato said?
Yes and no. I accept paradox as useful explanations despite our limitations at acquiring a more accurate understanding. It's along the line of Peterson's concept of "more true". While absolute truth is unattainable at every sense of the meaning, it doesn't preclude a more accurate calibration.

Quote:
No ir doesn't. But anyway...
... which leads me to your personality, that practicality requires an acceptance of constraint. A thing can endlessly be optimized, but is useless until decisions are made.

Quote:
The vastness of space is full of evidence of what we know not.
...and some things are more likely not than others.

Quote:
You should grok Fuller.
Agreed. He seems to not go away despite best efforts by entropy. It usually indicates something about usefulness and quality.

Old 06-13-2023, 01:38 AM   #317 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
I accept paradox as useful explanations despite our limitations at acquiring a more accurate understanding.
Whence paradox?

Quote:
https://tvtropes.org › pmwiki › pmwiki.php › Main › WrapAround
Wrap Around - TV Tropes
A video game mechanic where the edges of the screen are hyperspatially connected: move past the left side, and you appear on the right. Or walk to the south, and suddenly you're in the north. It serves as an alternative to the Invisible Wall that would normally be present if one tried to walk off the screen.
Plato said it's all a dodecahedron.

Quote:
... which leads me to your personality
Persona.

Quote:
https://www.dictionary.com › browse › persona
Persona Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Persona definition, a person. See more. A persona is the image or personality that a person presents in public or in a specific setting—as opposed to their true self.. The word is especially used in the phrase public persona, referring to the personality that a person presents in public and that they are known for by most people.The term is usually used in reference to public figures, such ...
You have no idea....

Old 06-13-2023, 01:41 AM   #318 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
...and some things are more likely not than others.
Who's choice?

Old 06-13-2023, 01:55 AM   #319 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Quote:
Whence paradox?

You have no idea....
I've met you, which reinforced the idea.

We might both suffer the gift of recognizing suboptimal systems, which is rarely valued by the herd. Fortunately our culture still mostly allows for annoying disturbances, which means we aren't yet forced to consume the poison or bear the cross.

Quote:
Who's choice?
That's the question.

Last edited by redpoint5; 06-13-2023 at 02:03 AM..
Old 06-13-2023, 02:33 AM   #320 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The unknown unknowns? For an answer I went to Youtube, as is my wont, and it proposed some real heavyweights. Einstein and Lorentz.

Frankly Poincare is a little deep for me, but take note the chapter on 26:48 Constructive vs Principle Theories

And then there's color. Who to believe Newton or Goethe?
Quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Theory_of_Colours
Theory of Colours - Wikipedia
Theory of Colours (German: Zur Farbenlehre) is a book by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe about the poet's views on the nature of colours and how they are perceived by humans. It was published in German in 1810 and in English in 1840. [1] The book contains detailed descriptions of phenomena such as coloured shadows, refraction, and chromatic aberration.

Reply  Post New Thread