Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2015, 01:05 PM   #131 (permalink)
naturalextraction

I have this information related to pretty much what your trying to do I've been studying for about 7 years. The link to the thread is http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...els-30128.html please read my entry of 1-1-2015 it explains a good portion of it.
Here's the video:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naturalextraction For This Useful Post:
dustyfirewalker (01-01-2015), pgfpro (01-01-2015)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-01-2015, 06:36 PM   #132 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalextraction View Post
I have this information related to pretty much what your trying to do I've been studying for about 7 years. The link to the thread is http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...els-30128.html please read my entry of 1-1-2015 it explains a good portion of it.
Here's the video:
if i could describe you in one word: HERO

im about to get started checking out all this info, sick video!

i have so many questions! to avoid the unnecessary ones ill check out everything then get back to you.

A MILLION THANKS !!
Old 01-02-2015, 12:43 AM   #133 (permalink)
naturalextraction

We've been emailing back and forth but just wanted to make a note here; That I think you will make all of it work just fine with minimal losses and few complications that you will be able to work out quite well at the end of the day. It will at least give the ney sayers a little more evidence to consider and hope others will be inspired to do. Your putting a lot of effort and doe into this project which often is motivation to keep your end goal on track! I think you will be fine and look forward to seeing it done!
The Following User Says Thank You to naturalextraction For This Useful Post:
dustyfirewalker (01-28-2015)
Old 01-28-2015, 12:25 PM   #134 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

progress:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

i got it, borgwarner s 475 turbo 1.32 ar and cold side flows 100 lbs/min lol
[IMG][/IMG]

more pics to come, im about to do some front suspension hacking, the panhard bar is removed and ill be doing everything in 3/8" plate and DOM tube. the front spring hangers will be replaced and the pan hard bar will be replaced with a better geometry and orientation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
If you would feel like going cheap, could also consider selective rear-wheel braking to emulate the effect of a diff lock, like it was done in some Brazilian RWD mini SUVs.
workaround ideas to discuss among friends: Gurgel and its cheaper alternative to a locking differential
i put some thought into this, i think your right. you could get some line lockers installed in the existing brake system, i am thinking about doing new lines and adding one in the rear line for an additional emergency brake, and possibly a few burn outs lol

naturalextraction, pgf pro,

glad to have bumped into you and pgf pro on this website. ive been obsessed with how to turn an otherwise discarded trash into energy for years, and of course always interested in cleaner more promising forms of energy. how have your efforts turned out? pgf pro you used waste solvent? naturalextraction what kinds of fuels have you run? i saw diesel in your video, have you found that theres a minimum amount of gasoline (needed to be mixed with diesel) or say toluene/(some other hydrocarbon) to make the engine easily start and run smoothly? have you any advice on safety precautions? your running a cam with overlap, have you had backfire issues? will you share what AFR you run? im super interested in any additional information your willing to share. this kind of thread is exactly what i was hoping for when i started posting here. no matter what engine anyone runs im sure if its possible to cut the gas bill at least in half and utilize wastes cleanly people should know about it. and heck if they dont care i do! the multifuel thing can help lots people save money and do more with less.

i decided to do a few sketches, this is what i plan on building:

[IMG][/IMG]

im going to actually reach out to someone who has real world experience designing and applying cyclones based on the particular situation and particle size distribution. im convinced this is whats needed to get a clean multifuel burn with PLENTY of power. im totally happy with 500 hp, but if there is more to be had when i begin tuning it ill take it. looking at naturalextractions boost numbers makes me think 500 horses on waste is possible.

speaking of power, this guy has a 460 with this same s475 borg warner turbo lol

i dont plan on 6 second 1/4 miles, but im glad the truck wont be a slug!

The Following User Says Thank You to dustyfirewalker For This Useful Post:
pgfpro (01-29-2015)
Old 01-28-2015, 12:53 PM   #135 (permalink)
Experienced UAW Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
If you would feel like going cheap, could also consider selective rear-wheel braking to emulate the effect of a diff lock, like it was done in some Brazilian RWD mini SUVs.
workaround ideas to discuss among friends: Gurgel and its cheaper alternative to a locking differential
Spider gear weldage - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
The Following User Says Thank You to cosmick For This Useful Post:
dustyfirewalker (01-29-2015)
Old 01-29-2015, 01:18 AM   #136 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Quote:
naturalextraction, pgf pro,

glad to have bumped into you and pgf pro on this website. ive been obsessed with how to turn an otherwise discarded trash into energy for years, and of course always interested in cleaner more promising forms of energy. how have your efforts turned out? pgf pro you used waste solvent?
Looks like your making some nice progress!!!

On my waste paint solvent system. I'm getting all the waste solvent I can haul off from my local Auto Body Shops. The un-recycled paint solvent in 5 gallon drum's I get I just run them through a friends paint recycler. Some of the shops have solvent recyclers and just have me take away their already recycled solvent.

I did some testing on my first proto type waste solvent injection system. It looks like its going to work awesome. I should see a 20 to 25% increase in mileage from burning waste solvent on top of normal gasoline use.

The waste solvent injection is its own self contained system so the fuel pump lines and injectors aren't subjected to any contamination. I'm only going to introduce the waste solvent at light load to keep it simple.

Anyway it looks like your getting there keep up the great work.

The Following User Says Thank You to pgfpro For This Useful Post:
dustyfirewalker (01-29-2015)
Old 01-29-2015, 09:07 PM   #137 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

pgf pro,

do you have an idea what the molecular composition of the paint thinner is?? what fraction/chemical it might mostly consist of? thanks!

cosmick,

i loved the idea of a welded locker at first, but my short wheel base and large tires make it bark around every corner with my homemade welded spool. im going with the posi for the days im trying to keep the rear end from going sideways, if i cook it or dont like it ill go for an arb since i get a choice of open diff or solid locked on the fly.

about to get some cool stuff in, ill post back later with pics
Old 01-30-2015, 01:31 AM   #138 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
The main solvent is Toluene, around 70% in the waste solvent IM getting, and has a Specific Gravity of 0.865 so pre-heating is a must.

Molecular Formula: C7H8
Average mass: 92.138 Da
Monoisotopic mass: 92.062599 Da

The Following User Says Thank You to pgfpro For This Useful Post:
dustyfirewalker (01-30-2015)
Reply  Post New Thread