Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > General Efficiency Discussion
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2018, 02:55 PM   #211 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
"He has my father's eyes."

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-04-2018, 03:12 PM   #212 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
Paul Akman created a system to read faces, emotions, spot lies...
Except it doesn't work. None of those pictures convey much of anything to me. I suspect it's another scam, like face recognition. Think of all the people sitting in prison because some "eyewitness" claimed to recognize them, even when there's plenty of evidence they were far away at the time of the crime.
Old 04-04-2018, 03:46 PM   #213 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Quote:
Face expression recognition could help the self drive vehicle try to avoid criminals on street. But it's something still a bit far, maybe 15 years far.
Dystopia would be where the State commands the car to not avoid hitting the criminal. Face recognition is used today in China to find miscreants attempting to travel by public transit.

https://img00.deviantart.net/92ab/i/...ds-d5y2oc4.jpg

The reason AI will be good at reading faces is the chain of micro-expressions over a one-second span can be read. That's a lot of data for a human to process.

Last edited by freebeard; 04-04-2018 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: I accidentally a word
Old 04-04-2018, 04:17 PM   #214 (permalink)
Banned

Sorry, my last post was asking how tesla autopilot works, don't you got it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
This thread is about how delicious Girl Scout Cookies are, right?

Last edited by All Darc; 04-04-2018 at 05:01 PM..
Old 04-04-2018, 04:52 PM   #215 (permalink)
Banned

I would start with a algorithim to recognize caps turned front to back while listening to rap music and driving. Most people who use caps as that on cars with such music are very suspicious.

A problem in place like my country are the damage to roads and street. I would like to see tesla autopilot drying in such condictions. Was it tested in "hell's roads" ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Dystopia would be where the State commands the car to not avoid hitting the criminal. Face recognition is used today in China to find miscreants attempting to travel by public transit.

https://img00.deviantart.net/92ab/i/...ds-d5y2oc4.jpg

The reason AI will be good at reading faces is the chain of micro-expressions over a one-second span can be read. That's a lot of data for a human to process.

Last edited by All Darc; 04-04-2018 at 05:03 PM..
Old 04-04-2018, 05:43 PM   #216 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,378 Times in 3,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
Except it doesn't work. None of those pictures convey much of anything to me.
You may be socially impaired if facial expression convey nothing of meaning to you.

To say that facial recognition doesn't work is incorrect, as any ability to identify something at a higher rate than chance is "working". Perhaps it doesn't work well enough to your standard, but I find that Facebook's facial recognition software to be extremely accurate. It can identify individuals from low quality photos who aren't looking directly at the camera with a high degree of accuracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
A problem in place like my country are the damage to roads and street. I would like to see tesla autopilot drying in such condictions. Was it tested in "hell's roads" ???
Sure, it will be tested there too, someday. When building something, you start with the easier problems and work your way towards handling the more difficult ones.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Old 04-04-2018, 06:07 PM   #217 (permalink)
Banned

Well, about people in prison by bad eyewitness, there is something that could help, and I don't refer about test if the witness has clean record of good character and good will.
There is today the concept of super recognizers and bad recognizers, if my translation it's ok. I saw it in a documentrary. Some people have incredible hability to recognize faces, even being able to tell if a child photo is from a grow-up new cellebrity. A super recognier woman was able to recognize George W Bush's Father by a photo of hin with with 3 years old or less.

For other side there are people who are terrible recognizers and prone to horrible mistakes. And such people are even worse in this skill for people of ethnies that are not very familiar to them, like a white person in relation to black or asian persons.
In general asian (like japaneses) are looks all similar to non asian eyes.

If eyetiness could be tested to check their recogniuzer hability, it could be of help to determine if their testemony was trustable or not.

Now back about the study to spot lies and emotion by faces, it's real. It's way more elaborated than the chart I posted. That was merely ilustrative.

Indeed we all have, or should have, some of this hability at least, but society it's so fake, people are so fake, advertises have so much of fake smiles and faked love messages, that we got used with lies and fake expressions up to lost our own hability to ready expressions.
Our civilization don't like sincerety.

One question: Have this Tesla vehicle some kind of blackbox to record setting for steering wheel move, brakes use, acceleration, front and rear view video etc ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
Except it doesn't work. None of those pictures convey much of anything to me. I suspect it's another scam, like face recognition. Think of all the people sitting in prison because some "eyewitness" claimed to recognize them, even when there's plenty of evidence they were far away at the time of the crime.

Last edited by All Darc; 04-04-2018 at 06:39 PM..
Old 04-04-2018, 07:04 PM   #218 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Yes, at least in the development vehicles. They contest stories that involve their cars on that basis.

Fun question, are the super-recognizers or the people who see blank faces the autists?

Humans evolved to have white eyeballss to signal to others where they are looking. Don't trust anything with black eyeballs.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:25 PM   #219 (permalink)
Banned

Nobody really knows what is autism. Psychiatry it's like a bunch of monkeys trying to learn to drive a automobile. They have much more guess than true explanations...

Blank faces, (unable to recognize someone by faces) it's a brain problem, more often for who got hability to see with some some treatment, after spent many early childhood years as blind. There is a movie with Val Kilmer and Mira Sorvino about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Yes, at least in the development vehicles. They contest stories that involve their cars on that basis.

Fun question, are the super-recognizers or the people who see blank faces the autists?

Humans evolved to have white eyeballss to signal to others where they are looking. Don't trust anything with black eyeballs.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:46 PM   #220 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Nobody really knows what is autism.
Speak for yourself.

I think it represents the forward evolution of the human organism. Witness the weaponized autism in the Kekistani movement and way Q Anon posts feed it.

Some people become overwhelmed by it, and bad parenting can send them down a dark path. Others turn Otaku.