Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2019, 05:03 PM   #31 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Woody - '96 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 23.82 mpg (US)

Avion and Woody - '96 Dodge/Avion Ram 2500/5th wheel combo
90 day: 15.1 mpg (US)

TD eye eye eye - '03 Volkswagen Beetle GLS
90 day: 49.05 mpg (US)

Mule - '07 Dodge Ram 3500 ST
I found that missing document so I was able to e-file the taxes. Checks in the mail!

2007 Dodge Ram 3500 SRW 4x4 with 6MT
2003 TDI Beetle
2002 TDI Beetle

currently parked - 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins Turbodiesel
Custom cab, auto, 3.55 gears
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-14-2019, 05:41 PM   #32 (permalink)
Just cruisin’ along

Beater Echo - '00 Toyota Echo
90 day: 42.67 mpg (US)

Hondizzle - '97 Honda Civic DX
Team Honda
90 day: 46.55 mpg (US)

Shaggin Waggin - '14 Chrysler Town + Country
90 day: 22.56 mpg (US)
Best thing to happen to me today would probably be inappropriate for this venue!

Next best thing is that sorting the stuff I take with me on my trucking stints was easier than I thought.

'97 Honda Civic DX Coupe 5MT - dead 2/23
'00 Echo - dead 2/17
'14 Chrysler Town + Country - My DD, for now
'67 Mustang Convertible - gone 1/17
The Following User Says Thank You to jcp123 For This Useful Post:
skyking (04-14-2019)
Old 04-14-2019, 05:46 PM   #33 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I bought a program to figure out the password my employer put on my 1099. The password is supposed to be xist and the last four of my social security number, but not capitalized, not lowercase, and the program tried every combination of my last four.

They must have used a different number. Is it the tax ID of my LLC, that was apparently registered to my brother?

I am pretty sure they do not have that information.

So, I will be calling the morning of Tax Day and asking for help with my password.

Once I access that information I should be able to take care of everything quickly.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:28 PM   #34 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
I took a nap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

Old 04-14-2019, 10:52 PM   #35 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,546 Times in 7,035 Posts
I haven't done taxes for a decade. Wait, am I supposed to be paying state taxes? ???

It's a pretty good day for me. I hooked up the speedometer in the Dasher and drove it down off the ramps. So now I have two running (one insured) car and I just dropped $60 on my bicycle. New cables and rear tire, it shifts better than it ever has. And I repacked the side of the carport (machine tools and milk crates) so it looks presentable.

This morning I picked up another computer. In the last ten years I've purchased in the range of $25 to $250; this one was $75.

I love the smell of irony in the morning -- Elon Musk
Old 04-15-2019, 03:35 AM   #36 (permalink)
Not Doug

My last laptop was $300. I installed a top-of-the-line SSD and it is still terribly slow, but my laptop was back in the hotel, trying to crack my password, so I cleared off all of the junk my nephew had on top of his laptop, and read the news and stuff.

Apparently he got a mini laptop from school, which seemed much faster.

Junior highs give out laptops now?

I looked up the information for my LLC and realized they combined my personal information and that of my LLC. TurboTax gave me a business credit. It said you can now designate up to 20%, although something like 14% apparently qualified.

I did not report any deductions or credits because they weren't worth anything, so it was easy, just annoying that I needed to give my driver's license information.

This was the least taxes that I have paid since I came home from Germany.

I think that I had a higher tax rate as a Soldier than as a business owner.

I thought it was weird they charged 2.49% to use a credit card. They talked about earning points.

I just used my debit card.
Old 07-21-2019, 06:02 AM   #37 (permalink)
Not Doug

I saw six clients on Thursday, which in and of itself is great, but I had an inexplicable craving for strawberry lemonade. I saw two clients during the day, stopped at Walmart to pick up food for dinner, and made a tiny detour to Sonic.

The best thing on Thursday was the Sonic lemonade that was half-price during the day. It is also half price if you order through the app. The girl was nice and friendly.

I appreciate when people talk to me.

I hurried home, brought in the food, put Mom's special dinner in the oven, set up delayed cooking, and rushed to my next client.

Six is more than I have seen the rest of the week for quite some time.

I saw the last four clients, came home, ate dinner, elevated my leg, and fell asleep.

On Friday I was supposed to have a second phone interview for a second part-time job, but they just offered me the job, which I will probably accept.

I also bought stuffed-crust pizza from Little Caesar's, so you tell me, which was better, the pizza or the job offer?

Afterward I was going to start working on projects, but I could not find my wallet, so I spent the rest of the day looking for it.

This morning I played quietly in my room, made breakfast, and organized my room until I needed to elevated my leg, which turned into a nap again.

I was tired of looking. I was organizing everything, which was great, but I would have ordered a new debit card and gone to the MVD for a new license had they just been open today.

After 1700 my brother used his iPad to ask me to take him to the dollar store. I told him that I could not take him anywhere until we found my wallet.

He promptly found it, but each of us looked pretty intensely for an entire day. I was so thankful that I pulled out my cash and handed it to him, although I had not realized that I had $30 on me.

I usually have closer to $3.

However, he refused to tell me where he found it, so I took it back, although Mom gave him $1, and I immediately took him to the dollar store, where I bought him what he wanted.

By the way, my sister bought me Tile for Christmas. I finally found it while looking for my wallet. They have one designed for wallets:

The one she bought me was a keychain. Apparently the battery was already dead, and they charge extra for one with replaceable batteries. I cut it open and it was a normal watch battery, so we will see if one can simply replace a Tile battery.

I have a designated place for my phone, wallet, and keys, but somehow my computer desk was not designed for someone 6'2". If I have anything in my pockets they scrape as I slide under the desk, so I tend to set stuff right by my computer.

I think my wallet somehow fell behind, even though we kept looking under and behind. Mom thinks he found it over there.
Old 07-21-2019, 12:31 PM   #38 (permalink)
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
(Wallet) BOSCA: shirt-pocket wallet. (Matching coin wallet also). I’ve had. One seven years plus. Every imaginable situation of weather. Now worn, but integrity unchanged.

(Shirt) 5.11 Tactical series

Can’t lose wallet (I can’t). Shirt has large front pockets and hidden storage behind that. When I’m out of the truck I need carry nothing. Nor ever sit on wallet. Fabric is cold wash (as now is rest of clothing; fast on laundering also a plus on the road). Bombproof.

I needn’t empty my pockets for any reason. Driving, or climbing onto or crawling under railcars. Sitting around at home. Etc.

Yes, it was a happy day to figure out an end to blue jeans and other cheaply-made, bad fitting and bad looking clothing. These are wind & rain resistant. Light weight.

Advances in clothing materials and now product lines like this (first to military, then LEO and I see it in oilfield & elsewhere) offering very high functionality are an enormous improvement.

With a fairly stiff yet comfortable belt I can carry quite a bit of gear. With under-the-shirt suspenders, “sky’s the limit”, ha! (more important the gear, more important it’s on your person. Not a bag or case).

My preference in that series is for the square-tailed shirts. With a similar wicking undershirt it’s year-round; I just switch from short-sleeve to long.

As my travel trailer has a built-in SPLENDIDE washed-dryer (small capacity; long run time) this also made for best use. And I’ve been replacing all other items with cold-wash fabric for the same reasons: functional, launders easily, and out-lasts cotton.

Finally, the clothing takes less horizontal space to hang. In trailer or in big truck, that’s the piece de resistance.

Hope the job offer is what you want.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:35 PM   #39 (permalink)
Just cruisin’ along

Beater Echo - '00 Toyota Echo
90 day: 42.67 mpg (US)

Hondizzle - '97 Honda Civic DX
Team Honda
90 day: 46.55 mpg (US)

Shaggin Waggin - '14 Chrysler Town + Country
90 day: 22.56 mpg (US)
Took about a 2-mile walk through the town I’m in tonight. I feel great, and as it’s a heat wave up here 800 miles from home, temp mid-90s and massive humidity, the dripping wet shirt helps me get used to another Southern summer. ‘Tis also one of the reasons I hardly run a/c in my POV.

The other best thing was seeing two vintage (60s/70s) Bentley sedans and a McLaren (sorry, can’t tell the models apart) on Sunday drives in Little Rock.

'97 Honda Civic DX Coupe 5MT - dead 2/23
'00 Echo - dead 2/17
'14 Chrysler Town + Country - My DD, for now
'67 Mustang Convertible - gone 1/17
The Following User Says Thank You to jcp123 For This Useful Post:
Xist (07-21-2019)
Old 07-21-2019, 09:04 PM   #40 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
Mowmar Cutoffy (riding mower) has a failed armature and I couldn't locate one in a timely fashion. Lawn looked like a jungle; should have been mowed a week or more ago. So I recruited a junker push mower that I scavenged years ago from when people put stuff out on the curb. I've never run it and after several hours of working on it saw why it was on the curb... not because it was hopeless, but the previous owner apparently wasn't mechanically inclined. For example, the blade was on upside down/backwards; the air filter was so dirty there's almost no way it would have started; and a few other flaws. Got it reasonably cleaned up then walked to the Fleet Supply store for a new filter and gas line. Sparkplug cleaned up well; gas tank and carb did too. Got it running, mowed one lap then changed the oil. Proceeded to mow but it kept flooding out, as in stalling with gas running out of the carb. Dropped the bowl and sure enough, the plastic float was full of gas. Walked to Fleet again but they had nothing. Went home and found another junker with a similar engine to steal the float from. Success!

Mowed. I haven't used a push mower on this place in decades. Sheesh for hard work! Well the place looked like a jungle so it was tough going.

So the good things today were having a good junker on hand, having the ability to resuscitate it for the low low cost of $5, knocking the jungle down, and getting a good workout. Now I can get the part to fix the rider at my leisure, used, instead of having to pay retail.

Reply  Post New Thread