Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free > Open ReVolt: open source DC motor controller
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2010, 05:43 PM   #3181 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

This is how I drive my MOSFET-s ( IRFP250N ) on motorbike 5 in paralel and 10 in paralel in car :

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GATE.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	5780  
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-15-2010, 01:53 PM   #3182 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by struja View Post
This is how I drive my MOSFET-s ( IRFP250N ) on motorbike 5 in paralel and 10 in paralel in car :
hey struja why dont you try with some mosfetdriver chip like tc4422 i am using it and i am satisfied for now.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #3183 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Hi Paul
I found the chip with old software on it. It is working now. You know I think the problem was the pot , the treminals needed reversing. I thought I had tried that but I guess not. High pedal lockout works.
Thanks
Alvin
The Following User Says Thank You to apowers For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (03-17-2010)
Old 03-15-2010, 03:11 PM   #3184 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludiagsm View Post
hey struja why dont you try with some mosfetdriver chip like tc4422 i am using it and i am satisfied for now.
I needed cheap solution and there it is .

_______

Can someone help me ;

I need this chip : HEF4752
Can you get in your area , how much does it cost ?

Thanks !
Old 03-15-2010, 05:04 PM   #3185 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

E-car - '84 Toyota Corolla LE
Good afternoon Paul, my controller is in and I am ready for a 12v low volt test of the system. With power on, run LED on, and the idle LED steady, the main contactor does not close. There is no 12 volt signal at the contactor. Is the high throttle lock out holding it back? Would turning the pot on the control board do the trick? I could fool the contactor and make it close but for the moment I'll double check everything...the car is up on stands so it isn't going anywhere....lol
Old 03-15-2010, 06:06 PM   #3186 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

EVVette - '71 Chevy Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatmann100 View Post
Good afternoon Paul, my controller is in and I am ready for a 12v low volt test of the system. With power on, run LED on, and the idle LED steady, the main contactor does not close. There is no 12 volt signal at the contactor. Is the high throttle lock out holding it back? Would turning the pot on the control board do the trick? I could fool the contactor and make it close but for the moment I'll double check everything...the car is up on stands so it isn't going anywhere....lol
If the yellow status led is solid, there is so faults, meaning no high pedal lockout. The controller is running fine, it seems that there might be a circuit problem on the board, check the components, see if the optocoupler, and or the transistor are in backwards.

You might also want to download my program RTD Explorer for diagnostics of the controller. You can get it at RTD Explorer.

You will be able to use it to program your controller and see if there is an faults easily.

-Adam

You can download RTD Explorer for the Cougar controllers at www.EVVette.com
Old 03-15-2010, 06:29 PM   #3187 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Hey Adam, thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure all the components are on correct but I will go back and look again. I tried fooling the controller and have closed the contactor but its still the same: lights are on but no movement yet. I have to go to work in a few so tomorrow I'll give it another try. I'll see about uploading the explorer tonight then start fresh in the morning.

Thanks, Mike
Old 03-15-2010, 11:20 PM   #3188 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
OK, so I finished the layout, and for 1 pcb from Advanced Circuits, it's *only* like $450 (the 4 ounce copper makes it expensive). In quantities of 100, they are $30 each.

Now to PCBcart.com...

Quantities of 75 are $8 each. Quantites of 1 are like $50 I think. But friggen pcbcart.com takes gerber files, and my stupid free software can only be sent to Advanced Circuits. Holy cow I want to punch something right now. Eagle is $1000 for the layout editor and router thing. Altium is like $30,000 hahaha. If only I was a believer in pirating software! makes me mad! Let me rephrase that... If only my wife was a believer in pirating software! There is a slight chance that I could be tempted to the dark side to avoid paying $800000000 for software, but she would lay the smack down. hahaha. Makes me mad.

I tried the free software in Linux, and as soon as I ran into a point of confusion, I tried to get "help", and the help file explained that their focus was on getting the software working, and not making help files, so I never did figure it out.

I also tried freepcb, which is free routing software, but not free layout software. I'll retry that right now I guess. Where's a fork when you really need it? Right in the eyeball!

I want all the stupid dang pcb layout software out there to burn in the fires of heck and darn-nation. I'm sorry for my language!

Try PCB International ~ I know that they will convert your files into gerber format for like $20-30. Their price and quality is much better than PCB Cart plus they have customer service in the United States.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:32 AM   #3189 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Adam, looking over my control board I have found one thing that is different. I have mounted at "U3" a ATMEG168-20PU chip. But the schematics show ATMEG8-16PU, don't know why I missed that. Maybe you can tell me if the chip I have is OK?

Mike
Old 03-16-2010, 01:48 AM   #3190 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Adam, I looked at the data sheets for the ATMEG168-16PU so, it looks Ok. In the morning I'll have a chance to look at it some more.

Reply  Post New Thread