Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hypermiling / EcoDriver's Ed
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2014, 05:32 PM   #61 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
Crimea River. There are NEWS articles with the info I put up- that is where I got most of it.

You are always right there to defend speeders. What's up with that?
You get to prove your allegation that I am "always right there to defend speeders". Otherwise your accusation is not credible - it's just another shoot from the lip remark.

However, Frank, you are often deliberately provocative. Am I (or anyone else here) defending Mr. White? Or are you just being the resident provocateur and pot stirrer, as usual?

I still want to know how posting this guy's personal information would be anything but detrimental.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-29-2014, 05:35 PM   #62 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo
Last 3: 27.29 mpg (US)

F150 - '94 Ford F150 XLT 4x4
90 day: 18.5 mpg (US)

Sport Coupe - '92 Ford Tempo GL
Last 3: 69.62 mpg (US)

ShWing! - '82 honda gold wing Interstate
90 day: 33.65 mpg (US)

Moon Unit - '98 Mercury Sable LX Wagon
90 day: 21.24 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,218 Posts
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...wly-26769.html

I admit it, I do wish ill towards Mr. White. So sue me.

Old 03-29-2014, 05:40 PM   #63 (permalink)
XYZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
You aren't going to?

True justice would be driving by Mr. White- wherever he may be- and saluting him. But that's just too far away from here.
You know very well I'm not going to. That's another example of baiting those who disagree with you.

So your desire to return an obscene gesture is your personal definition of true justice.

Thank you, Frank! Congratulations! Your statement just confirmed in your own words that personal retribution IS your motive!

You are of the same mindset as Mr. White. Now tell us how that helps anyone, other than you venting your spleen.

The Following User Says Thank You to XYZ For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (03-29-2014)
Old 03-29-2014, 05:45 PM   #64 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo

Mr. White needs to get feedback from others outside of the lawr enforcement system that they disapprove of his actions. It could be instructive for Mr. White to be on the receiving end of his favorite gestures, perhaps leading to some much needed behavior modification.

You may rightfully wonder, what skin do I have in this? None, down in Florida. However, I have had to endure far, far too many similar encounters with others of Mr. White's ilk. Yes, it's great to pontificate about legality and morality and whatever, but you see, decades of experience with bullys has yielded a fundamental truth: LOGIC and REASON and politely asserting one's rights are completely ineffective and irrelevant when dealing with an emotionally driven psychopath. It seems a dose of their own medicine is a person's best shot at getting their attention.

Last edited by Frank Lee; 03-29-2014 at 05:54 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Lee For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (03-29-2014)
Old 03-29-2014, 06:03 PM   #65 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

They need to add a 6th > 5 Fun Ways to Absolutely Ruin Your Truck « F150online.com

Old 03-29-2014, 06:34 PM   #66 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

I want to indite this marketer: Clotaire Rapaille - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He's given lots of bandwidth in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_and_Mighty_(book) - if you don't buy this book - Google it and Mr Rapaille. He helped give many of the SUVs the hulking menacing look, and made commercials to bring the reptile (or caveman) into buyers to get a bada$$ vehicle. He regretted/envied not having a part in promoting the H2 Hummer. ( Interviews - Clotaire Rapaille | The Persuaders | FRONTLINE | PBS )

His bullseye target buyer is Mr. White.

The first and biggest problem before driving/moddding green psychological - millions buy performance or huge vehicles to be the roadway top dog or to deal with them. If everybody drove nice-looking vehicles to meet their needs without the bling, speed, or hulk, millions of gallons of fuel would be saved daily.

Quote:
One of the great problems of our age is that we are governed by people who care more about feelings than they do about thoughts and ideas.
....and people like Rapaille exploit those feelings for profit.

Last edited by Chuck.; 03-29-2014 at 06:53 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to Chuck. For This Useful Post:
Frank Lee (03-29-2014)
Old 03-29-2014, 06:41 PM   #67 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha?
We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with an impure mind
And trouble will follow you
As the wheel follows the ox that draws the cart.
my insert: as his wheels crash into the median lamppost

Old 03-29-2014, 07:19 PM   #68 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersbird View Post
She has also opened herself up to a defamation lawsuit... in Florida where their courts have upheld their two party permission laws pretty strongly.
Florida's why she's completely blameless. She just says she was standing her ground and it's all done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

Old 03-29-2014, 07:29 PM   #69 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,178 Times in 807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I disagree.

Anyone wanting to place blame for the road rage must first thoroughly examine the circumstances that led to the action of the road rage. Frank has researched this as thoroughly as reasonably possible and concluded that it is appropriate to be in the left lane when making an upcoming left turn, especially when already exceeding the posted speed limit, which is a limit imposed assuming ideal conditions; slick roads requiring a reduced speed.

Regardless, people are responsible for their own feelings and especially their own actions. Even if the person in the left lane were doing half the speed limit, and we all agreed that she should move over, it is the responsibility of traffic behind her to manage emotions and to safely overtake the vehicle. Any disagreement with this is simply wrong.

The fault for the crash rests 100% on the shoulders of Mr. White. He demonstrated that a safe pass could be completed in the right lane, but choose to act out in anger, completing a second unsafe pass.

Feelings are always 100% the responsibility of the person doing the feeling. There is no action in the world that can make you feel a certain way and then force a reaction.
A Webster's defination is not a legal defination, of course a court would hear the case. The video, just like so many videos posted of "victims" of police brutality, starts 1/2 way or more into the episode. As the lady admits in the posting she had been in front of the truck for 3 minutes. And couldn't get over becuase of the trucks. Maybe is for those 3 minutes she was driving exactly the same speed as the slower truck you see in the video. Then she sped up, started recording, and got her money shot.
Why do you think news agencies blur faces when just recording facts in a public place? Or they get a release from those they filmed.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:35 PM   #70 (permalink)
(:

Blue - '93 Ford Tempo

Quote:
A Webster's defination is not a legal defination, of course a court would hear the case.
Frivolous- would never make it to court but even if it did, it would be thrown out immediately.

Closed Thread  Post New Thread