Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2013, 10:16 PM   #41 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Does anyone know the fuse to pull for the killswitch?

I know there are two routes, and I am a bum, so I am leaning towards spark only. I am also thinking under dash fuse #2, but it also lists SRS and I don't want to pop my air bag trying to get better MPG.

I have done EXTENSIVE searching on here, but not seeing any build threads for this or clear guidance on it. (I am ordering a switch and want to make sure it is the right capacity)

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #42 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
If you are talking about an injector kill switch, the I would recommend a switch simply for the ground to the injectors. Therefore, no current running through the switch. That's how mine works. Don't know the fuses on your Insight.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Old 10-05-2013, 11:47 PM   #43 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
If you are talking about an injector kill switch, the I would recommend a switch simply for the ground to the injectors. Therefore, no current running through the switch. That's how mine works. Don't know the fuses on your Insight.
I completely missed this post! I was hoping another Insight adjuster would chip in on what they did, the several threads I found mentioned it was done, but not what they specifically pulled.

As I posted up there, I found one that seems like it would work, but it also is connected to the SRS, which I believe is the air bags, and makes me a bit concerned.

Best Tanks:
Old 10-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #44 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Black sheep 2013 - '11 Volkswagen Jetta S
90 day: 29.01 mpg (US)

black sheep 2014 - '11 volkswagen jetta trendline plus
90 day: 29.78 mpg (US)

Black sheep 2015 - '11 Vw Jetta mk6
90 day: 22.42 mpg (US)
it honestly looks like ****, the car it self looks pretty good and just spray paint it grey some something omg, it looks like its been in a massive front end collision, savings is significant i also have a grill block but clown car

Last edited by dmafanp; 10-06-2013 at 12:42 PM.. Reason: f ed up
Old 10-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #45 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmafanp View Post
it honestly looks like ****, the car it self looks pretty good and just spray paint it grey some something omg, it looks like its been in a massive front end collision, savings is significant i also have a grill block but clown car
Would you mind adding some punctuation? It starts out decent, you don't care for how it looks, but then it kind of goes haywire. Spray paint what? My temporary design that is going to be replaced? Or the chips and damage to the front bumper?

What looks like the massive front end collision? The front end, chips on hood, or the polycarbonate? Do you mean front end collision with an election sign?

Finally, "savings is significant i also have a grill block but clown car."

You didn't put a period in, but I imagine that was the end of your statement. You put a comma, so I imagine you'd want to:

"separate the elements in a series"
"connect two independent clauses"
"set off introductory elements"
or
"set off parenthetical elements"

Sourced from: Rules for Comma Usage

But "savings is significant i also have a grill block but clown car" is not clear to me. I even tried typing it, thinking maybe it would be more clear, but it was not.

Best Tanks:
Old 10-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #46 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Black sheep 2013 - '11 Volkswagen Jetta S
90 day: 29.01 mpg (US)

black sheep 2014 - '11 volkswagen jetta trendline plus
90 day: 29.78 mpg (US)

Black sheep 2015 - '11 Vw Jetta mk6
90 day: 22.42 mpg (US)
Relax, you will save more fuel
Old 10-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #47 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmafanp View Post
Relax, you will save more fuel
Thank you for posting something with little to no value that was barely comprehensible, followed by something that provided no value at all and conveniently avoided any rebuttal to your original pointless statement.

If I get any more relaxed I may fall asleep at the wheel.

Of actual value, I have ordered my SCii, my brake switch, clutch switch, and purchased my switch and power wiring for the kill switch. My Honda check is this Tuesday evening, and they quoted me 450 for four RE92s, mounting, balancing, and putting on. Better than Walmart and tirerack!

I am still waiting to buy the rest of the KS gear until I get more feedback on what fuse other's have used for the KS.

Best Tanks:
Old 10-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #48 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
Be gentle, and don't rush! Don't let stress, frustration, or fatigue ruin your project.
Words to live by. The zen of modding.

Look up Daox's "pretty prius grillblock" (or something like that) on this site. He went through a long process of trying to make an "OEM" quality block and learned a lot.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Old 10-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #49 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
Words to live by. The zen of modding.

Look up Daox's "pretty prius grillblock" (or something like that) on this site. He went through a long process of trying to make an "OEM" quality block and learned a lot.
After I pay off the car, I will be actually spending money on the modifications, to an extent. The Mustang has to look good, the Insight is pure function, whatever it looks like is what it looks like.

I was thinking about Metro's grille blocks (since Cigar007's seems too difficult for the top), but I will check that out.

Best Tanks:
Old 10-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #50 (permalink)

If you can even still buy RE92's at all, the cheapest is Costco. You don't need a membership, it's about $100 or more less depending on if you get 4 and the manufacturer is doing their coupon deal still. Thats includes installation, and Nitrogen inflation.

The OBDIIC&C is better for the Insight than a SGII. It reads IMA specific stuff. The SGII is better if your going to share it with your mustang. Both are a good investment cause they don't depreciate in resale value.