Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2018, 11:56 PM   #101 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I have never heard that jail food compares with McDonald's dollar menu.
I can't offer an informed comparison, never having eaten anything from McDonalds' dollar menu. As for jail food... well, it depends on today's menu at the Dumpster Diner.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-02-2018, 10:59 AM   #102 (permalink)
Banned

Be forced to eat only Mcdonalds food could be included as a violation of humans rights and menace to health.
There is a documentary where a guy took 1 or 2 months eating only such garbage, and the blood tests changes in result how how horrible it is for health.

I supose that depending of the prison, it can be really much more health than Mcdonals:

I don't understand that bodybuilding, fitness guys on prison imates. From where they got so much protein, since the meals looks like for just a normal person and not to bodybuilding.

Japan prison and school lunch, nutritious :

USA culture made people believe that cheap sausage with bread and ketchup it's cool.

But if you want really good food, as you wish anything, and for free, I recommend this :

But it's only once !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
I can't offer an informed comparison, never having eaten anything from McDonalds' dollar menu. As for jail food... well, it depends on today's menu at the Dumpster Diner.

Last edited by All Darc; 05-02-2018 at 11:25 AM..

Old 05-02-2018, 01:29 PM   #103 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,388 Times in 3,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
Be forced to eat only Mcdonalds food could be included as a violation of humans rights and menace to health.
There is a documentary where a guy took 1 or 2 months eating only such garbage, and the blood tests changes in result how how horrible it is for health.
That documentary was bogus. He made a rule that if the person taking the order offered something extra, like fries or to supersize the meal, he had to accept AND eat all the food. He also wasn't exercising to burn those calories.

I ate a supersize McDouble meal every lunch for a year and suffered no health consequences and was skinny. I'm sure I could eat McDonalds for every meal and even improve health through regular exercise.

Quote:
I don't understand that bodybuilding, fitness guys on prison imates. From where they got so much protein, since the meals looks like for just a normal person and not to bodybuilding.
In the US, inmates have commissary, which is an opportunity to buy certain approved items including sausage, cheese, and other foods.

I never bought food from commissary because the cafeteria food was free and unlimited (except the main dish). I drank a lot of milk. In 1 month I gained 20 lbs, going from 160 to 180 lbs. When I left prison I was 190 lbs and fit.

Quote:
USA culture made people believe that cheap sausage with bread and ketchup it's cool.
Ask a Japanese person what their favorite US food is. They will tell you hotdog. Ask a US person what their favorite food is; they will not tell you it is a hotdog.

I recently read that 40% of US women are obese, which means they aren't just a little overweight, but extremely overweight to the point of serious health risks. Something like 35% of men are also obese.

A bigger problem is portion control. Portion sizes in the US are huge, and people snack on junk food throughout the day and don't get enough exercise.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Old 05-02-2018, 02:07 PM   #104 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
You don't really need all that extra protein &c for reasonable levels of bodybuilding. Maybe all those supplements help, particularly for serious competition, or maybe they're just placebos, with their main effect being to bulk up the bank accounts of the people selling them.

Old 05-02-2018, 02:52 PM   #105 (permalink)
Banned

I agree partially with you, since excess protein is usual among many bodybuilding, and can also force kidney (in case of powder of aminoacids suplement).
But heavy training needs extra calories, and in a balanced food this means more meat with the larger portions of food. These prison standart food, in trays, have just calories for a average person, but not for heavy training.

Maybe the prison movies and prison series I saw, with big bodybuilding training in prison (to be superstrong criminals when leave prison...) was bigger than the reality.

Anyway the standart trays with same calories, would make a lot of obese prisioners lose a lot of weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
You don't really need all that extra protein &c for reasonable levels of bodybuilding. Maybe all those supplements help, particularly for serious competition, or maybe they're just placebos, with their main effect being to bulk up the bank accounts of the people selling them.

Old 05-02-2018, 03:01 PM   #106 (permalink)
Banned

McDonalds have high fat and sodium :

https://uk.blastingnews.com/food-and...001083227.html

Ohn, now I understand why many keep obese on prison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
In the US, inmates have commissary, which is an opportunity to buy certain approved items including sausage, cheese, and other foods.

I never bought food from commissary because the cafeteria food was free and unlimited (except the main dish). I drank a lot of milk. In 1 month I gained 20 lbs, going from 160 to 180 lbs. When I left prison I was 190 lbs and fit.
In USA documentaries we see a lot of very obese and ugly women.

Many in movies we only saw well fit and fine women.
A lot of people who went to USA tells that the reality it's very different than movies.

Even people walking near beach, sidewalks, have a lot of incidence of obesety today. I saw a documentary from 70's, about skatboard, and all scenes on beach and sidewalk near, have no obese people. In old TV series, like Partridge family we also don't see obese people.
It's almost epidemic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I recently read that 40% of US women are obese, which means they aren't just a little overweight, but extremely overweight to the point of serious health risks. Something like 35% of men are also obese.

A bigger problem is portion control. Portion sizes in the US are huge, and people snack on junk food throughout the day and don't get enough exercise.

Last edited by All Darc; 05-02-2018 at 03:10 PM..

Old 05-02-2018, 03:15 PM   #107 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
People talk about how great and wonderful "Supersize Me" was, but this guy points out some giant flaws in that alleged documentary. This is supposed to be funny, I disagree, but I think he makes good points. He also eats only McDonalds burgers for a month, but walks, and is still healthy at the end:

This guy has a cool story, but this is definitely not a burrito:

Old 05-02-2018, 03:42 PM   #108 (permalink)
Banned

The culture of gradual pushing of supersize, it's a main risk.
I see in movies, the culture of buckets of popcorn with melt cheese or melted butter.
Burger (super size)now bigger than big mac. Ultra large soft drink cups...
Candy machines in every place

USA coca-cola (coke) it's worse than on Brazil, in terms of weight gain, cause it use cornsyrup and on Brazil it use sucrose from sugar caine plant.

Old 05-02-2018, 03:59 PM   #109 (permalink)
Banned

USA have close to 1% of population on Jail (2,2 million).
But how many, in percentagem, had being on jail at least 1 time ?

Old 05-02-2018, 04:08 PM   #110 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,388 Times in 3,362 Posts
Quote:
The culture of gradual pushing of supersize, it's a main risk.
I see in movies, the culture of buckets of popcorn with melt cheese or melted butter.
Burger (super size)now bigger than big mac. Ultra large soft drink cups...
Candy machines in every place

USA coca-cola (coke) it's worse than on Brazil, in terms of weight gain, cause it use cornsyrup and on Brazil it use sucrose from sugar caine plant.
It's not just the size that is the problem, it's the frequency. When I go out to eat, I want large portion sizes, but then again, I rarely go out to eat. It's not a problem to eat an enormous burger if you do it infrequently.

Cornsyrup is no worse than sugar derived from sugarcane. They are both simple carbs.

Quote:
USA have close to 1% of population on Jail (2,2 million).
But how many, in percentagem, had being on jail at least 1 time ?
Recidivism is around 70%, so most people in prison have been there before. It's the young men like me who are there for the first time, with the majority of the older men having been incarcerated previously.

I know some very good people who do very bad things when they pick up their old drug habits and associate with their old "friends".

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Closed Thread  Post New Thread