Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2008, 04:41 PM   #51 (permalink)
Veggiedynamics

Volt12 - '12 Chevy Volt base
Quote:
Originally Posted by klrv6 View Post
Not too far behind the guy with only 25 posts
I would not say your a troll, you 50% over EPA.. not to shabby..however do you really need a suburban? if yes then thats what you need... if i see ya on the road can I draft please

Speaking of BIG vehicle's , Just put insurance on the 1ton dually crew cab to pull the travel trailer 10 miles to the lake.. I can do 19 mpg towing that beast .. 1 gallon if fuel a year through it aint to bad.... what a waste of a beautiful vehicles.. fell in love with it when i saw it, absolutly near mint condition, and got it for a chump change.. like half of what book was on it .. here are some pics.. such a waste..

Last edited by ebacherville; 07-02-2008 at 04:48 PM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-02-2008, 05:06 PM   #52 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Sandstone Princess - '99 Chevy Sububan LT
90 day: 21.04 mpg (US)

Joe - '02 Nissan sentra XE
90 day: 43.9 mpg (US)

Regal - '03 buick Regal LS
90 day: 33.85 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacherville View Post
I would not say your a troll, you 50% over EPA.. not to shabby..however do you really need a suburban? if yes then thats what you need... if i see ya on the road can I draft please
Go ahead and draft....

I drove through Columbus, Oh a few weeks ago doing 80mpg. This little econobox car kept right on my tail the whole time. Good for them, hope I boosted their mpg. I might get a little mad if it's an F350 or something though. The funny thing is that scanguage was reporting 25-26mpg@80mph!!! While driving, I had my wife switch the gauge for my laptop and fired up autotap to log injector pulse width. The funny part is that PW was down at the load the truck was seeing at 80 and up with the load it was seeing between 65-72mph. No knock was recorded so I know I have more room for adding timing and shaping the fuel maps a little. I have JetDST for it so, it's just a matter of playing around with it. My goal is to hit 30 on the highway.

I do use this truck for all kinds of things. It is more like a minivan at times, 2 of our kids and two nephews. That's six people most of the time. All the gear they need and still have room to go shopping. I saw a smart4two pull into our local Sam's club (bulk discount), not sure what they planned on fitting into that thing.

I also tow around a few tons of firewood a year. The house runs on a wood furnace around 27 days a month when it's cold out. Saves big$$$$$

The one thing I really notice more of is 4 door sedans are selling for a fair amount of money now. The people who can get by with a 4door car and downgrade from large SUV 4WD vehicles will pay just to get into something smaller.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:03 PM   #53 (permalink)
Ecomodding Dabbler

LilRed - '03 Mazda Protege LX
90 day: 29.09 mpg (US)
Here around metro Detroit, I've seen a lot more people going the speed limit or even a bit less on the highways and freeways. Last year, you'd see a lot more people doing 70-80 mph in 65 mph areas.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:24 PM   #54 (permalink)
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
I don't mean to threadjack here ...

But KLRv6 ... can you do me a favor and start a post on your suburban?
I am having some trouble swallowing the numbers it produced ...

Your vehicle, has no cd listed, weighs 1000 lbs more than my V8 4-runner, is infinately larger, has double the tank capasity, you drive it way faster and get 6mpg higher average than epa? I want to know what you have done to possibly recreate it with the 4-runner to get it past 22mpg, which is only a 3mpg improvement over epa.

Thanks ...

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???

Old 07-02-2008, 09:07 PM   #55 (permalink)
EOCOCD

CavalierAttitude - '99 Chevrolet Cavalier LS
90 day: 29.25 mpg (US)
I drive 50 mph in a 55 mph commute through downtown Louisville. I still see a few speeders, but not so many people passing me like they used to. We are paying $4.25/gal here {and the State Atty General is contemplating investigating price gouging...}
Old 07-02-2008, 09:12 PM   #56 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I have definately noticed a difference in traffic patterns over the past 6 months.

1) Fewer cars on the road... the two trouble spots I drive through almost never get to the 'bumper-to-bumper, stop and go' status anymore. Fewer accidents, too.

2) People driving slower. 75-80mph if traffic would allow it, was the norm. Now it's more like 65-75mph when traffic allows. I used to see an occasional blue-haired grandma poking alone in the right lane, with semi-trucks passing in lane #2. Now I am seeing a few econoboxes and even some SUV's in the slow lane, obviously trying to stretch a gallon of fuel.

3) Impatient drivers that still wish to drive 80mph are getting pissed! I'm seeing much more swerving, lane weaving, and aggressive driving by folks who insist on keeping the same speed but are being hampered by slower overall traffic.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:18 PM   #57 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikkonceptz View Post

Your vehicle, has no cd listed, weighs 1000 lbs more than my V8 4-runner, is infinately larger, has double the tank capasity, you drive it way faster and get 6mpg higher average than epa? I want to know what you have done to possibly recreate it with the 4-runner to get it past 22mpg, which is only a 3mpg improvement over epa.

Thanks ...
Absolutely,,,give me a few days to snap some pics and get some screen shots of my timing changes. Keep in mind that your Toyota is an different beast than the GM PCM. I have a fair understanding of how the programming works on the Vortec engines, not so much on the Toyota side of things. I laugh at some of the Ford LEV cars and trucks. They emit lower emissions and people buy the things, thinking that low emissions will equate to better mileage...WRONG!! They just run the cats at a higher rate by feeding it more fuel to keep them clean on the other side. That's what I got into when playing around with propane injection. It didn't matter what was done to replace the gasoline, the cats were running the show.

How do I calculate CD? What is yours?

Do you still have your roof rack? Mine is gone

Mechanical fan? I went electric.

How much does your Toyota weigh?
Old 07-02-2008, 11:14 PM   #58 (permalink)
Steady as she goes

Shooting Star - '95 geo metro
90 day: 59.91 mpg (US)

HUFFER - '98 Buick Riviera Super Charged
90 day: 30.69 mpg (US)

Kandy, Flake-n-Flames - '96 Buick Riviera Base
90 day: 32.13 mpg (US)

Blue Z - '07 Nissan 350Z coupe
90 day: 34.13 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikkonceptz View Post

Thanks ...
I believe it! I just sold a 2000 gmc c1500 pickup to my brother that gets 23 to 24. I also have a 2001 burb which is a 2500 4x4 and has an 8.1L big block that gets around 15..... I've heard of others with 2500 burbs towing campers that get 17 with an 8.1...

How about a 1 Litre Street rod?
Old 07-02-2008, 11:21 PM   #59 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

NewBlue - '07 Honda Civic EX
90 day: 38.13 mpg (US)

The Better Half - '97 Ford Ranger XLT
90 day: 25.84 mpg (US)
I have to say my new favorite example that driving patterns around Albany, NY haven't changed at all.
Yesterday driving home from work, i'm in a 55mph zone going 55 in the right hand lane (6 lane divided, 3 each direction). A Suburban passes me like i'm stopped cuts in front of me, passes a couple more cars, cuts into the middle lane, etc until he is lost in the sea of cars. I keep meandering along at 55mph, I get off my exit about 4 miles later, go through 3 intersections and there is the suburban stopped at the red light 1 car ahead of me.

All the swerving, accelerating, hard breaking, accident causing maneuvers and the guy got 20ft ahead of me. I have to say it really made me laugh, but that's the way people are around this area.
Starting point 30mpg ready...... GO.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:48 AM   #60 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue07CivicEX View Post
I have to say my new favorite example that driving patterns around Albany, NY haven't changed at all.
Yesterday driving home from work, i'm in a 55mph zone going 55 in the right hand lane (6 lane divided, 3 each direction). A Suburban passes me like i'm stopped cuts in front of me, passes a couple more cars, cuts into the middle lane, etc until he is lost in the sea of cars. I keep meandering along at 55mph, I get off my exit about 4 miles later, go through 3 intersections and there is the suburban stopped at the red light 1 car ahead of me.

All the swerving, accelerating, hard breaking, accident causing maneuvers and the guy got 20ft ahead of me. I have to say it really made me laugh, but that's the way people are around this area.

That wasn't me.

I do notice more semi trucks running real close to each other. It used to be that they would keep a distance of a few truck lengths behind each other. Now I see them running at one to one and a half.