Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Hypermiling / EcoDriver's Ed
Register Now
 Register Now

View Poll Results: How do you Pulse and Glide your diesel vehicle ?
Accelerate slowly, glide with the engine off. 3 5.00%
Accelerate slowly, glide with the engine on. 25 41.67%
Accelerate briskly, glide with the engine off. 4 6.67%
Accelerate briskly, glide with the engine on. 19 31.67%
I'm using another technique. 9 15.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2011, 06:23 AM   #91 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbo View Post
These days pumps are replaced by electric motors, many smaller european car has electric motor to provide steering assist, cars even park themselves (like VW) as it is possible to program steering functions with such system, also they have stronger assist at slow speed, so maybe they are not getting a clutch, but something much better?
My car has electric PS which (as I recently found out) stays active after turning the engine off with the kill switch, so I have much needed assist when rolling to a stop at a red light. Killing the engine by turning the key deactivates the PS, even if I turn the key back to '1', until the engine is running again.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-14-2011, 08:24 AM   #92 (permalink)
In God we trust!

01 Beetle - '01 VW Beetle TDI
90 day: 42.33 mpg (US)

Black 450h - '14 Lexus 450h
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
My car has electric PS which (as I recently found out) stays active after turning the engine off with the kill switch, so I have much needed assist when rolling to a stop at a red light. Killing the engine by turning the key deactivates the PS, even if I turn the key back to '1', until the engine is running again.
Interesting. Must not be a model sold here in the USA. How does the kill switch work?
Old 04-14-2011, 09:27 AM   #93 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
No, it appears that there is no room in the N.American market for French cars, or vice versa

The kill switch interrupts the crankshaft position sensor's signal. The ECU throws a code, but thankfully doesn't go into limp mode.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
Old 11-02-2015, 01:37 AM   #94 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I have an idea for pulse and glide: since your engine is in glide mode longer than pulse, why cant you change something to make more power during the pulse mode. ideas would be hydrogen you generate and store up to burn during the pulse, to give you extra horse power. (less fuel used during the pulse) and the extra heat created hopefully would dissipate during the glide. Or modify the air fuel ratio during the pulse, a leaner burn which would not be good continuously but if only used for the pulse may be ok. Think of something that would give you a boost during the pulse that may not be advisable continuously. we know other fuel blends can make more power in a diesel but will over heat the engine, but maybe not in a pulse mode. or what about a electric turbo that turns on during the pulse? HHO would be easy to make with the wind drag already slowing down the vehicle, put the wind drag to use. its hitting the front of your car anyway. a permanent magnet alternator should to the trick with a large fan blade attached to it. (see forever car on you tube) let the HHO build up in a pressure container and use it during the pulse. Any ideas?
Old 11-02-2015, 12:08 PM   #95 (permalink)
UFO
Master EcoModder

Colorado - '17 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 LT
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
There is no free energy, if you "recover" it from the glide, you won't glide as far. HHO takes more energy to generate than you get when you burn it. Diesels are already "lean-burning" and there is no control over air/fuel anyway. Most diesels already have turbos, so what would be the point of another turbo? If you add fans to front, you will increase air resistance.

Seriously superrick, you are all over map here, there is only one relevant response -- there is NO FREE ENERGY.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:38 PM   #96 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
There is no free energy, if you "recover" it from the glide, you won't glide as far. HHO takes more energy to generate than you get when you burn it. Diesels are already "lean-burning" and there is no control over air/fuel anyway. Most diesels already have turbos, so what would be the point of another turbo? If you add fans to front, you will increase air resistance.

Seriously superrick, you are all over map here, there is only one relevant response -- there is NO FREE ENERGY.

there is no free energy, are you sure about that? so if some one gave you a wind generator for free and you attached it to your house and all the hardware and wires were free and then every time the wind blows you get to use electricity at no cost to you, explain how you are using electricity at no cost to you? you would be getting electricity for free would you not? look I am not a person who just started investigating free energy. I have a lot of knowledge and skills and I also have in our group a beginning QEG generator that we have not been able to get it to resonate yet but we still get two times more energy out than we put in. also I have successfully harvested gravity to do work. in the case of gravity I do have to put energy into the system as it takes energy to move mass, and then the mass has to oscillate so gravity can keep acting on it. allowing gravity to continually enter the system. its a mechanical amplifier. and you can use the amplification to do more work than your original input. so you can argue its not free because I had to build the device to harvest the excess energy but to me I see the excess as free.
as for HHO taking more energy to create than you get out of it when you burn it that is correct if you have to use high amps to separate the atoms. but we know that separation can be done with strong magnetic fields using high voltages, which use very little current. making it so you get more energy out than you have to put in. If you heat a room by collecting the suns rays through a window have you not collected and used energy for free? there are many ways to collect free energy, as in you don't have to pay for it after you create the environment to collect it.
and adding a fan to the front of my vehicle yes will create more air resistance but what if the generated power does more for my cause than the air resistance takes away?
thanks for you input but you are all over the map here. and there is only one relevant response here. You are lacking in knowledge, information that when reckoned with in the mind and proven to be true becomes knowledge and therefore truth.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:41 PM   #97 (permalink)
DieselMiser

Das Schlepper Frog - '85 Mercedes Benz 300SD
90 day: 23.23 mpg (US)

Gentoo320 - '04 Mercedes C320 4Matic
90 day: 22.44 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by superrick View Post
<Snip> look I am not a person who just started investigating free energy. I have a lot of knowledge and skills and I also have in our group a beginning QEG generator that we have not been able to get it to resonate yet but we still get two times more energy out than we put in.
If that is true put it in a feed back loop and extort money from the world by threatening to destroy it. You'll get about as many people to send you money as you will find people here to believe that kind of claim.

Quote:

also I have successfully harvested gravity to do work. in the case of gravity I do have to put energy into the system as it takes energy to move mass, and then the mass has to oscillate so gravity can keep acting on it. allowing gravity to continually enter the system. its a mechanical amplifier. and you can use the amplification to do more work than your original input. so you can argue its not free because I had to build the device to harvest the excess energy but to me I see the excess as free.
A mass and a spring and gravity make an oscillator not a amplifier. Once again my comment about threatening to destroy the world with it applies.

Quote:

as for HHO taking more energy to create than you get out of it when you burn it that is correct if you have to use high amps to separate the atoms. but we know that separation can be done with strong magnetic fields using high voltages, which use very little current. making it so you get more energy out than you have to put in.
Here is the part that got me to really call out your BS. Hydrogen and Oxygen separation through electrolysis of water are directly related to the current flowing through the cell. Its the electrons passing through the molecule of water that separate it . Voltage across the cell is irrelevant to gas production so long as it is high enough to start the process. Magnetic fields don't even come into play.

How do I know? I have had to design charging systems for lead acid batteries and when you over charge or quick charge the hydrogen production is a problem.

Quote:

If you heat a room by collecting the suns rays through a window have you not collected and used energy for free? there are many ways to collect free energy, as in you don't have to pay for it after you create the environment to collect it.
and adding a fan to the front of my vehicle yes will create more air resistance but what if the generated power does more for my cause than the air resistance takes away?
thanks for you input but you are all over the map here. and there is only one relevant response here. You are lacking in knowledge, information that when reckoned with in the mind and proven to be true becomes knowledge and therefore truth.
Okay calling us all over the map is ridiculous. We all say its a bad idea.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:46 PM   #98 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnClark View Post
If that is true put it in a feed back loop and extort money from the world by threatening to destroy it. You'll get about as many people to send you money as you will find people here to believe that kind of claim.

A mass and a spring and gravity make an oscillator not a amplifier. Once again my comment about threatening to destroy the world with it applies.

Here is the part that got me to really call out your BS. Hydrogen and Oxygen separation through electrolysis of water are directly related to the current flowing through the cell. Its the electrons passing through the molecule of water that separate it . Voltage across the cell is irrelevant to gas production so long as it is high enough to start the process. Magnetic fields don't even come into play.

How do I know? I have had to design charging systems for lead acid batteries and when you over charge or quick charge the hydrogen production is a problem.

Okay calling us all over the map is ridiculous. We all say its a bad idea.
I am sorry if what I have learned upsets you. I have dedicated my life to truth and I search for truth in all things. And I share the truth I have learned with those who's minds are open for new knowledge. And when they process the information and see with there own eyes, what I know as truth often becomes true to them also. However there will always be those who's minds are stuck in a unbelief loop and follow main stream science and believe what they are told, and never find or are willing to find what is true.
I tell you the truth and because you have no knowledge of what I have said you go into insult mode and make fun of the person who trying to help.
you said extort money from the world by threatening to destroy it? and expecting money given to me? really? I dont extort neither do I need anyone's money.
you said A mass and a spring and gravity make an oscillator not a amplifier? again insult, and there is no spring in the system. I know of three ways to continually harvest gravity and they all have three things in common, mass, leverage and oscillation.
you said Here is the part that got me to really call out your BS. Hydrogen and Oxygen separation through electrolysis of water are directly related to the current flowing through the cell. Yes that is one way to do it, the way you get no return for your effort. again lack of knowledge, you do not know how a magnetic field can separate the molecule? and I am sure you are not interested in learning how either.
you said How do I know? I have had to design charging systems for lead acid batteries and when you over charge or quick charge the hydrogen production is a problem. Really? no kidding? I have built charging systems also and have done many experiments with led acid batteries. Including charging them with negative energy which does not produce heat or hydrogen gas and have successfully doubled the amp hour of the battery. But I am sure your not interested in how to do that either. keep your mind closed and believe what you want to believe and those who try to teach you something new make sure you reject and insult them because you are not willing to lean something new. and just to be clear I was returning the same statement that was said to me, saying that I was all over the map with my ideas.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:50 AM   #99 (permalink)
UFO
Master EcoModder

Colorado - '17 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 LT
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
Crap, another good thread lost. Unicorn corral, he we come again.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:41 AM   #100 (permalink)
Wannabe hyper..., miler !

White Variant - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDI ~ GLS- 4 Cyl

Minivan - '96 Chrysler handicap IMS built LXI

Insight - '10 Honda Insight EX
Interesting, even if the conversation went from direct P & G to alternative ways to make the car have better P & G numbers...

Remember seeing a documentary of boat go INTO the wind, on the Bonneville Salt flats.
Interesting...

As for my P & G: I accelerate as necessary to get going Interstate speeds, coast with engine on, but if long(er) declines, then I'll take the "off" procedure.
A good Hypermiler should be flexible, NO?
(in the city, my T & C van is making me ~22+MPG by dash gauge)

Last edited by bikeprof; 11-04-2015 at 03:45 AM.. Reason: More stuff
Reply  Post New Thread