Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free > Open ReVolt: open source DC motor controller
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #4101 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Paul,
Number 3 should be first priority I got a ton of little 4 way leads for the lem and serial port from scrap tv sets. Might be worth a look. I may even have a few left ........

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-08-2010, 05:25 AM   #4102 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Hi Sawickm,

Have you tried doing engineering in imperial units?
Everything has a different coefficient - and the units! - rotary slugs anybody?

When I worked in America I used to convert everything to SI - do the calculations - then convert it back to Imperial

Are there imperial units for electrical things? - Imperial Volts!

New Zealand is not perfect - but its the closest I could find!
Old 12-08-2010, 05:57 AM   #4103 (permalink)
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
I always wanted to go to New Zealand. My dad went there for a business trip. He works at Weyerhaeuser, and they have a bunch of trees down there too, so the company wanted to see how NZ does their timber stuff. Well, he was at a dinner, and the guy across the table told him that he was so plump and juicy looking, that his great grandfather would have eaten him! hahaha. He was a Maury or something like that.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:17 PM   #4104 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Crimson Crawler - '04 Hyundai Elantra GLS
90 day: 36.71 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
I always wanted to go to New Zealand. My dad went there for a business trip. He works at Weyerhaeuser, and they have a bunch of trees down there too, so the company wanted to see how NZ does their timber stuff. Well, he was at a dinner, and the guy across the table told him that he was so plump and juicy looking, that his great grandfather would have eaten him! hahaha. He was a Maury or something like that.
A New Zealander man with a permanent tan, that's a Maori...

My new ray-gun here tries to poke out both your eyes, it's a Moe-Ray....
Old 12-08-2010, 04:43 PM   #4105 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

When the moon hits you eye like a big pizza pie, That's amore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevyn View Post
A New Zealander man with a permanent tan, that's a Maori...

My new ray-gun here tries to poke out both your eyes, it's a Moe-Ray....
Old 12-08-2010, 05:05 PM   #4106 (permalink)
Computer/EV enthusiast

Copper shielded enclosure

In case anyone has lots of leftover PCB, this kind of enclosure will probably solve the radio interference problem: Copper-clad enclosures - Hack a Day
Old 12-08-2010, 06:14 PM   #4107 (permalink)
AC-DC enthusiast

Dual-PWR PHEV - '04 Toyota Prius

Kopper - '79 Bradley Bradley GT-II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
In case anyone has lots of leftover PCB, this kind of enclosure will probably solve the radio interference problem: Copper-clad enclosures - Hack a Day
Are we talking of a" Faraday type of enclosure"..?........I worked inside of some of these ( but a much larger scale one) for a while, a Long time ago tunning military RF equipment.

Dec 09
EDIT: this is getting out of hand; FYI, I worked in a wrounded cage build by a metallic diamond shaped SS mesh.
. . . . . . . .CALCars # 27. . . . . . . . . . ..on the works now !!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . ........

Last edited by mrbigh; 12-09-2010 at 05:37 PM..
Old 12-09-2010, 12:55 AM   #4108 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Correct me if I am wrong please, my recollection of a Faraday cage is that it does not have to be solid walled, it can be gauze as long as the largest hole is smaller than the wavelength of the highest frequency you are trying to shield.

In any case using PCB would be no better than folding up some aluminium (or aluminum for you imperialist Americans )

Why do Americans call it aluminum? They don't say uranum, or lithum or radum or titanum........somewhere back in time there must have been a misprint in a periodic table used in their schools.

Heh, heh, some of them do say sodder and heigth though, at least ones from Minnesota.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:22 PM   #4109 (permalink)
Computer/EV enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbigh View Post
Are we talking of a" Faraday cage"..........I worked inside of some of these ( but a much larger scale one) for a while, a Long time ago tunning military RF equipment.
Well it would work as a faraday cage, but a faraday cage can also be a mesh that has to be at least a certain fraction of the wavelength of the expected interference (I forget the fraction though) Mostly it's just a good way to use waste PCB and shield your controller at the same time.

News from the control panel/picture frame department, this might be useful when it comes out depending on the price. It's a digital picture frame that runs linux and can be coded in Flash, LUA, or the Android SDK. Does that mean someone could write code for this and a smartphone at the same time, perhaps?
Old 12-12-2010, 08:20 AM   #4110 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Here's a quick video of a few tests on the new code from Fran with rpm monitoring:

Reply  Post New Thread