Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2014, 01:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

i dont really want a car id rather drive a beat up old truck than a car

i have my chevy 5.3 and my crotch rocket, but now my big block bronco and big block jet boat could really do with some alternative fueling

the old engines did it, so can i

look up "ignition secrets" a few simple components and youll have a great plasma ignition

ok i have to post 5 times before i can share these links...

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-25-2014, 01:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Old 03-25-2014, 01:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

All of you have missed the point of what this forum is about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickydude View Post
I'm really with the others above. Getting a second small vehicle is much cheaper.

You'd better start with budgeting, see if you ever get a return on investment in a decent period of time.
Assuming you can actually get all those things you mention up and running reliably.

If you really need to use a big truck all the time, trade it in for a diesel version.
This forum is for hobby enthusiasts. If the OP wants to fool with a multi fuel setup, I say "go for it". It probably will not pay off. Almost NONE of the mods on this site pay off so lets be honest about that. But he can learn something, and so can we.

Last edited by RustyLugNut; 03-25-2014 at 01:51 PM.. Reason: Spelling.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Old 03-25-2014, 01:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

also check this out:

gasoline and veggie oil, to much time to think. [Archive] - Fuelly Forums

Running Kerosene in a Gasoline Engine - Library

Gas engine running on Veggie oil - need help

The Design and Construction of Oil Engines: With Full Directions for ... - Arthur Hugh Goldingham - Google Books

Gas, gasoline and oil vapor engines : their design, construction, and operation for stationary, marine, and vehicle motive power

thats just a few on my book marks tab, guys its possible, with some heat and some steam a 10-1 engine can burn heavy oils, or paint thinner, e85, what ever if its flammable, its just a matter of doing it right. plus since its a gas engine, you dont have to stick with only veggie atf wmo ect, you can still use lighter less lubricative stuff aswell.

its about being able to pour just about any "fuel" i can find in the gas tank,with minimal filtering and other invested time. if its built right it should work, and then i can still flip over to gasoline and have fun. ive spent a lot of time porting, building, researching, and putting some great performance parts on this 460. now i want to see what it can burn as fuel. so within the next couple months grab a few beers and lets see what happens. im pretty close to trying it out and ill post some videos.

anyone here whos actually done something similar? ive read a few articles from a while back on this website about ppl pouring diesel in their gas tanks, any body try heavy oils? anybody with steam injection experience or an easy way to do it? im looking more for help along the lines of what im trying to accomplish, not get a diesel or a car, if this doesnt work yes my back up plan is swapping in a 7.3 or something like that. but ive already spent a ton of money, and we will get to see it run or possibly melt ha

so any advise on steam injection or heavy oil in a gas engine?

thanks for the kerosene advise on the old tractors, anything like that is more what im looking for

Last edited by dustyfirewalker; 01-29-2015 at 08:50 PM.. Reason: spelling
The Following User Says Thank You to dustyfirewalker For This Useful Post:
Joggernot (06-28-2014)
Old 03-25-2014, 03:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

awesomer - '04 Toyota prius
well, I've seen two stroke RC run on straight veggie, made a huge mess. I wouldn't encourage anyone to scale that up to a v8 boat or truck.
Old 03-25-2014, 03:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyLugNut View Post
This forum is for hobby enthusiasts. If the OP wants to fool with a multi fuel setup, I say "go for it". It probably will not pay off. Almost NONE of the mods on this site pay off so lets be honest about that. But he can learn something, and so can we.
This forum has "eco" in its name, so I was assuming it had something to do with the environment as well. A 40mpg car beats a 10 mpg car in that respect.
Hence my comment. But I may have misunderstood.
Added to that is my personal opinion that says that burning all kinds of waste products can't easily result in very clean emissions.

But by all means, anyone who wants to smash big money on a hobby, go ahead.

I'll unsubscribe for now.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

And "I don't drive cars, I like jacked up 460CI trucks and v8 boats"?

Did your folks ever have the discussion with you about how you don't have to do everything your friends do? Biofuel isn't exactly cheap and labor free, it still behooves you to drive something more conservative in an efficient manner.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

im not going to get bent out of shape just because someone doesnt understand this can be done cleanly, or dislikes my preference in what i build or drive. one of my goals is no tailpipe smoke. go look at woodgas vehicles and youll see you could throw a dead animal in the woodgas chamber, or even pvc (toxic), or any number of other horrendous things to burn and by the time the gas is burned in your engine it comes out cleaner than a fuel injected engine with a catalytic converter. by the time you thermally break down something into syngas it isnt what it was before and that syngas can be cleanly burned. im sorry you dont understand or like what im building, but that doesnt change what im going to do. i like power, i like speed, and if i can get away with it i wont be spending a whole lot on filling up, and ill also be looking for cleaner ways to get it. im not doing what any of my friends do this is something way different. just go read someone elses thread please if you dont have anything positive to contribute.
Old 03-25-2014, 05:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

please, you are going to make a jacked 460CI truck that runs on clean burning roadkill and PVC and basically fuels and cleans itself. BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Reply  Post New Thread