Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2015, 07:46 PM   #351 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Have you heard of Toastmasters?

The Following User Says Thank You to Xist For This Useful Post:
pgfpro (10-04-2015)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-04-2015, 08:47 PM   #352 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
Have you heard of Toastmasters?
Nope???

Old 10-04-2015, 09:37 PM   #353 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Nameless - '06 GMC Canyon
90 day: 37.45 mpg (US)

22 Maverick - '22 Ford Maverick XL
90 day: 42.77 mpg (US)
Welcome to the club. Some suggestions:

You will at some time in your life give a talk that is a complete disaster. You will survive it. I did.

Start off with something that grabs their attention. Example: Hi, I am going to tell you how I get XXX MPG and XX seconds in the 1/4 mile in the same car. This car is EPA rated at XX MPG, and I not only (doubled) the mileage, but increased the power from XXX HP to XXX HP.

The first slide would be something like:

Photo of car
Before: XX HP and EPA XX MPG
Now: XXX HP and XXX MPG in real world driving.

Slide two: What I did to my car to get this performance and MPG.
List the mods.

Next slides: Go over each mod, one per slide. What did you, how well did it work. Don't be afraid to list a few that did not work.

Next slide: Waste solvent. Waste solvent is free, but here's what has to be done to burn it. Engine mods, solvent processing, effect on power and mileage.

Use PowerPoint if possible. Figure on about one minute per slide, so ten slides for a ten minute presentation. The slides are your outline.

Another slide:
Title: The Economics of Ecomodding
Building this car: $8000 over two years
Drinking in bars: $1,000 per month = $24,000 over two years.
And I have a car to show for it.

When you get to the end, stop talking, wait a slow count of three (one one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand), then "any questions?". That slow count of three will seem like forever. It is not forever, it is about the right amount of time.

Feel free to PM me to set up a time to discuss. Or we can discuss online for the benefit of others.
06 Canyon: The vacuum gauge plus wheel covers helped increase summer 2015 mileage to 38.5 MPG, while summer 2016 mileage was 38.6 MPG without the wheel covers. Drove 33,021 miles 2016-2018 at 35.00 MPG.

22 Maverick: Summer 2022 burned 62.74 gallons in 3145.1 miles for 50.1 MPG. Winter 2023-2024 - 2416.7 miles, 58.66 gallons for 41 MPG.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JRMichler For This Useful Post:
BabyDiesel (10-05-2015), deanznz (11-04-2023), Joggernot (10-05-2015), mpgmike (04-17-2022), pgfpro (10-04-2015), phh (10-12-2015), Xist (10-04-2015)
Old 10-05-2015, 12:52 AM   #354 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

Team Turbocharged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMichler View Post

You will at some time in your life give a talk that is a complete disaster. You will survive it. I did.

Start off with something that grabs their attention. Example: Hi, I am going to tell you how I get XXX MPG and XX seconds in the 1/4 mile in the same car. This car is EPA rated at XX MPG, and I not only (doubled) the mileage, but increased the power from XXX HP to XXX HP.

Photo of car

List the mods.

Next slides: Go over each mod, one per slide. What did you, how well did it work. Don't be afraid to list a few that did not work.

Next slide: Waste solvent. Waste solvent is free, but here's what has to be done to burn it. Engine mods, solvent processing, effect on power and mileage.

Use PowerPoint if possible. Figure on about one minute per slide, so ten slides for a ten minute presentation. The slides are your outline.

Another slide:

When you get to the end, stop talking, wait a slow count of three (one one thousand, two one thousand, three one thousand), then "any questions?". That slow count of three will seem like forever. It is not forever, it is about the right amount of time.

Feel free to PM me to set up a time to discuss. Or we can discuss online for the benefit of others.
Thank You this is exactly what I was after. I will probably post my Power Point presentation on here for you guys to review and help make changes as needed.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:14 AM   #355 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMichler View Post

Photo of car

List the mods.

Another slide:

Excellent!

Some people say not to read the slide; some say to read the slide. Me, I read the slide and build on it. That's why its about a minute per slide. Don't put all the information on the slide. Have slides showing the mods. Most people don't know what a belly pan is...

Only thing to add is that after asking for questions or the next question, do a slow count to six. If no response, then there probably won't be any more questions. Close quickly, but be ready for the shy guys (like me) to come up after the talk to ask their questions.

Toastmasters is great, but you don't have the time now. Consider joining later to learn the tricks/techniques of giving a short speech. It is worth it to, at least, go through the first manual of Toastmasters. Here's a link: http://www.toastmasters.org/ There will be a club near you.

Joggernot, DTM
The Following User Says Thank You to Joggernot For This Useful Post:
pgfpro (10-05-2015)
Old 10-11-2015, 09:12 PM   #356 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

Team Turbocharged!

More testing waste solvent pics

Today was a beautiful day so I burned up a 50/50 brew of some more waste solvent.

I decided to show you guys where their building our new tech center. This is a pic of KTEC, our high school tech center backed by some great local businesses.
When I showed up our local police was running radar, because this is also where the locals meet and do some prairie racing.

This is right next to KTEC where the new tech center is being built. Still doing the ground work.

KTEC solar panels.

Our Autobody tech center that will move next year to the new location.
Our Automotive Tech center that will be moving also to the new location.

This is just a few blocks away from North Idaho College. Its our famous Coeur d' Alene resort on lake Coeur d' Alene.

Anyway I have a year to prepare so I should be able to pull this off.

I also did some garage heating test. With my Talon and also my wife's car I wanted to check to see how much of a temperature rise I will see when both cars come home from work. I'm seeing a 15 degree increase, so this makes me very happy. Last year the Talon was torn down so it couldn't contribute to the heat cause. This year it will be driven and help with heating the garage.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pgfpro For This Useful Post:
BabyDiesel (10-12-2015), phh (10-12-2015)
Old 10-12-2015, 03:23 PM   #357 (permalink)
phh
EcoModding Lurker

Wifie's car - '89 Eagle Summit DL
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgfpro View Post
I also did some garage heating test. With my Talon and also my wife's car I wanted to check to see how much of a temperature rise I will see when both cars come home from work. I'm seeing a 15 degree increase, so this makes me very happy. Last year the Talon was torn down so it couldn't contribute to the heat cause. This year it will be driven and help with heating the garage.:)
Wait! I missed this post. Are you using the residual heat from parked cars to warm your garage, or did you make a heat-producing-gizmo? Inquiring minds want to know! :^)
pgfpro (10-12-2015)
Old 10-12-2015, 03:28 PM   #358 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

Team Turbocharged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phh View Post
Wait! I missed this post. Are you using the residual heat from parked cars to warm your garage, or did you make a heat-producing-gizmo? Inquiring minds want to know! :^)
Just the residual heat from both cars after work. Last year the Talon wasn't running and or finished yet. So it didn't contribute any heat.

Last edited by pgfpro; 10-13-2015 at 12:09 AM..
Old 10-13-2015, 11:00 AM   #359 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

Team Turbocharged!

Update:

Well I think its now safe to say my new internal waste solvent fuel system works.

I'm now running the waste solvent through both after market fuel pumps, and fuel injectors. So waste solvent is enable all the time and not at just light load. I'm keeping a close eye on my knock sensor that warns me if any knock is seen by flashing the check engine light several times.

My ultimate goal was to run the waste solvent in my stock fuel tank so i could get rid of the fuel cell. I just don't like the fact of having fuel inside of my car. Plus I get back some storage for work items with the cell gone.
I'm going to change the fuel filter in about a month just for per causing because this solvent probably will knock some crap loose and end up in the fuel filter.

I did have one issue when pouring waste solvent in my stock fuel tank some of the solvent splashed on the quarter spoiler and stained it. I used a non catalyst paint on the semi black spoiler so its not solvent resistant. So i need to be more careful when adding waste solvent.

Old 10-13-2015, 02:18 PM   #360 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

2013 STi *SOLD* - '13 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Subaru
Sports Cars
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 26.59 mpg (US)

1996 Geo Metro *RETIRED from Ecomodding* - '96 Geo Metro Base
90 day: 58.68 mpg (US)
so eventually you'll be able to run 100% fuel solvent? as in "free" gas?

See the rest of the Sti project log:
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...log-26612.html
Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
bio fuel, lean burn, turbo compound