Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation > OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2014, 12:12 PM   #311 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Please recheck your connections, then. My AtMega2560 testing platform has been (and is continuing to) running correctly with a Parallax serial LCD and the Parallax 5-position switch (which is directly based off the analog mux buttons).

The Following User Says Thank You to t vago For This Useful Post:
modrcm (04-03-2014)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-03-2014, 12:17 PM   #312 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

civic modrcm - '96 Honda Civic DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by t vago View Post
Please recheck your connections, then. My AtMega2560 testing platform has been (and is continuing to) running correctly with a Parallax serial LCD and the Parallax 5-position switch (which is directly based off the analog mux buttons).
I checked it again but still not working
I tried also with the 3 analog buttons, connected A11, A12 and A13, the other end connected to ground, but I can not make it work
Old 04-03-2014, 01:25 PM   #313 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by modrcm View Post
I checked it again but still not working
I tried also with the 3 analog buttons, connected A11, A12 and A13, the other end connected to ground, but I can not make it work
When using these pins have to pin down the first in order to work.
these are the definition are used that I use for these pins.
Code:
// if the below "#define"s are commented out, code will compile for an AtMega328-series processor
#define ArduinoMega2560 true
//#define TinkerkitLCDmodule true

// if the below #define is commented out, 16 MHz system clock will be assumed
//#define use20MHz true // force 20 MHz system clock values

// only one of the below LCD options may be chosen - choosing more than one will cause a compilation error to occur
// if TinkerkitLCDmodule is used, useLegacyLCD will automatically be used, and the below options will be ignored
#define useLegacyLCD true
//#define useParallaxLCD true

// only one of the below button options may be chosen - choosing more than one will cause a compilation error to occur
#define useLegacyButtons true
//#define useAnalogMuxButtons true
//#define useParallax5PositionSwitch true

// the below options only work if useLegacyLCD is selected. If useLegacyLCD is not selected, the below options will not be inserted at all
//#define useLegacyLCDinvertedBrightness true	// For alternate LCD backlight connections
#define useLegacyLCDbuffered true				// Speed up LCD output

// selectable options - all may be chosen independently of one another, save for serial data logging.
// the serial data logging option will conflict with the Parallax LCD output option, if both are selected at the same time
#define blankScreenOnMessage true		// Completely blank display screen upon display of message
#define trackIdleEOCdata true			// Ability to track engine idling and EOC modes
//#define useSerialPortDataLogging true	// Ability to output 5 basic parameters to a data logger or SD card
//#define useBufferedSerialPort true		// Speed up serial output
//#define useCalculatedFuelFactor true	// Ability to calculate that pesky us/gal (or L) factor from easily available published fuel injector data
#define useWindowFilter true			// Smooths out "jumpy" instant FE figures that are caused by modern OBDII engine computers
#define useClock true					// System clock, and means to set it
#define useSavedTrips true				// Ability to save current or tank trips to any one of 10 different trip slots in EEPROM
#define useScreenEditor true			// Ability to change any of 8 existing trip data screens, with 4 configurable figures on each screen
#define useBarFuelEconVsTime true		// Show Fuel Economy over Time bar graph
#define useBarFuelEconVsSpeed true		// Show Fuel Economy vs Speed, Fuel Used vs Speed bar graphs
#define useSpiffyBigChars true
//#define useChryslerMAPCorrection true	// Ability to perform on-the-fly fuel injector data correction for late-model Chrysler vehicles
//#define useABresultViewer true			// Ability to graphically show current (B) versus stored (A) fuel consumption rates
//#define useCoastDownCalculator true		// Ability to calculate C(rr) and C(d) from coastdown

// program measurement and debugging tools
//#define useDebugReadings true
//#define forceEEPROMsettingsInit true
//#define useEEPROMviewer true			// Ability to directly examine EEPROM
//#define useBenchMark true				// this is probably broken - last time I used it was in August
//#define useSerialDebugOutput true

Take a picture and put the links here.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:48 PM   #314 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by josemapiro View Post
When using these pins have to pin down the first in order to work.
these are the definition are used that I use for these pins.
Code:
// if the below "#define"s are commented out, code will compile for an AtMega328-series processor
#define ArduinoMega2560 true
//#define TinkerkitLCDmodule true

// if the below #define is commented out, 16 MHz system clock will be assumed
//#define use20MHz true // force 20 MHz system clock values

// only one of the below LCD options may be chosen - choosing more than one will cause a compilation error to occur
// if TinkerkitLCDmodule is used, useLegacyLCD will automatically be used, and the below options will be ignored
#define useLegacyLCD true
//#define useParallaxLCD true

// only one of the below button options may be chosen - choosing more than one will cause a compilation error to occur
#define useLegacyButtons true
//#define useAnalogMuxButtons true
//#define useParallax5PositionSwitch true

// the below options only work if useLegacyLCD is selected. If useLegacyLCD is not selected, the below options will not be inserted at all
//#define useLegacyLCDinvertedBrightness true	// For alternate LCD backlight connections
#define useLegacyLCDbuffered true				// Speed up LCD output

// selectable options - all may be chosen independently of one another, save for serial data logging.
// the serial data logging option will conflict with the Parallax LCD output option, if both are selected at the same time
#define blankScreenOnMessage true		// Completely blank display screen upon display of message
#define trackIdleEOCdata true			// Ability to track engine idling and EOC modes
//#define useSerialPortDataLogging true	// Ability to output 5 basic parameters to a data logger or SD card
//#define useBufferedSerialPort true		// Speed up serial output
//#define useCalculatedFuelFactor true	// Ability to calculate that pesky us/gal (or L) factor from easily available published fuel injector data
#define useWindowFilter true			// Smooths out "jumpy" instant FE figures that are caused by modern OBDII engine computers
#define useClock true					// System clock, and means to set it
#define useSavedTrips true				// Ability to save current or tank trips to any one of 10 different trip slots in EEPROM
#define useScreenEditor true			// Ability to change any of 8 existing trip data screens, with 4 configurable figures on each screen
#define useBarFuelEconVsTime true		// Show Fuel Economy over Time bar graph
#define useBarFuelEconVsSpeed true		// Show Fuel Economy vs Speed, Fuel Used vs Speed bar graphs
#define useSpiffyBigChars true
//#define useChryslerMAPCorrection true	// Ability to perform on-the-fly fuel injector data correction for late-model Chrysler vehicles
//#define useABresultViewer true			// Ability to graphically show current (B) versus stored (A) fuel consumption rates
//#define useCoastDownCalculator true		// Ability to calculate C(rr) and C(d) from coastdown

// program measurement and debugging tools
//#define useDebugReadings true
//#define forceEEPROMsettingsInit true
//#define useEEPROMviewer true			// Ability to directly examine EEPROM
//#define useBenchMark true				// this is probably broken - last time I used it was in August
//#define useSerialDebugOutput true

Take a picture and put the links here.
These define me neither works, you Might be kind enough to explain the connection of the cables (not that the screen is correct mine) and spend the program?

I have enclosed a picture of my plate

Thank you very much to the two, to see if I can make it work

Free File Sharing and Storage made Simple.

The Following User Says Thank You to modrcm For This Useful Post:
josemapiro (04-03-2014)
Old 04-03-2014, 03:54 PM   #315 (permalink)
Scandinavian creature

Golf ball - '94 Volkswagen Golf III
90 day: 28.46 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by t vago View Post
Sure! I noticed you had a few features that my code doesn't have. You want me to add them in?
Sure. But i don't think big RPM is actually needed. I've seen that it's kind of useless.

Here's my version if it helps: http://mthtek.net/mpguino.ino

Brrrmm
Now selling preassembled MPGuino's!
http://www.mthtek.net/mpguino/
The Following User Says Thank You to Quezacotl For This Useful Post:
t vago (04-10-2014)
Old 04-03-2014, 04:01 PM   #316 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
These define me neither works, you Might be kind enough to explain the connection of the cables (not that the screen is correct mine) and spend the program?

I have enclosed a picture of my plate

Thank you very much to the two, to see if I can make it work

Free File Sharing and Storage made Simple.

If you use the A11, A12 and A13 pins with the definition I'm using has to work.

With the option of using an wire, was watching the image and I think it has an error with the white wire that connects the R1 resistance along with the yellow, he has to start after the resistance and not to 5V.

as my english is bad also let in Portuguese is similar to Spanish

Se utilizar os pinos A11, A12 e A13 com as definições que estou a utilizar tem que funcionar.

Com a opção de um fio usando as resistências, estive a ver as imagem e creio que tem um erro com o fio branco, que liga a resistência R1 juntamente com o amarelo, ele tem que ligar depois da resistência e não aos 5V.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:15 PM   #317 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
If you use the A11, A12 and A13 pins with the definition I'm using has to work.

With the option of using an wire, was watching the image and I think it has an error with the white wire that connects the R1 resistance along with the yellow, he has to start after the resistance and not to 5V.

as my english is bad also let in Portuguese is similar to Spanish

Se utilizar os pinos A11, A12 e A13 com as definições que estou a utilizar tem que funcionar.

Com a opção de um fio usando as resistências, estive a ver as imagem e creio que tem um erro com o fio branco, que liga a resistência R1 juntamente com o amarelo, ele tem que ligar depois da resistência e não aos 5V.
Thank you very much, the right side was testing the multiplex buttons, but then decided to use the 3 buttons, left to A11, A12 center and the right button to A13, but does not work, nor defined yours, nor mine.

Connect those wires: Pin - push - GND
Old 04-03-2014, 04:42 PM   #318 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Thank you very much, the right side was testing the multiplex buttons, but then decided to use the 3 buttons, left to A11, A12 center and the right button to A13, but does not work, nor defined yours, nor mine.

Connect those wires: Pin - push - GND
I'm using the Arduino Mega with the A11, A12 and A13 pin and it has worked flawlessly, not to function may have a fault on the board. Seeks to create a simple program just to test the pins.
The other system with the resistances, I'm not using now, but I've also tested it before and it worked.

Eu estou a utilizar o arduino mega com os pinos A11, A12 e A13 e tem funcionado sem falhas, para não lhe funcionar pode ter alguma avaria na placa. Procure criar um programa simples só para testar os pinos.
O outro sistema com as resistencias, não o estou a utilizar agora, mas já testei antes e tambem funcionou.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:54 AM   #319 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
I'm using the Arduino Mega with the A11, A12 and A13 pin and it has worked flawlessly, not to function may have a fault on the board. Seeks to create a simple program just to test the pins.
The other system with the resistances, I'm not using now, but I've also tested it before and it worked.

Eu estou a utilizar o arduino mega com os pinos A11, A12 e A13 e tem funcionado sem falhas, para não lhe funcionar pode ter alguma avaria na placa. Procure criar um programa simples só para testar os pinos.
O outro sistema com as resistencias, não o estou a utilizar agora, mas já testei antes e tambem funcionou.
I tried doing a small program to turn on a LED with buttons and working properly: S

have seen a very well this?

Code:
#ifdef TinkerkitLCDmodule

const uint8_t vssBit = 				(1 << PINB1);

#else

const uint8_t vssBit = 				(1 << PINC0);

#endif

#ifdef useLegacyButtons

#ifdef ArduinoMega2560

const uint8_t lbuttonBit = 			(1 << PINK3);

const uint8_t mbuttonBit = 			(1 << PINK4);

const uint8_t rbuttonBit = 			(1 << PINK5);

const uint8_t longButtonBit = 		(1 << PINK6); // PINK6 isn't being used for anything right now

#else

const uint8_t lbuttonBit = 			(1 << PINC3);

const uint8_t mbuttonBit = 			(1 << PINC4);

const uint8_t rbuttonBit = 			(1 << PINC5);

const uint8_t longButtonBit = 		(1 << PINC6); // PINC6 is used as the RESET pin, so this value is safe to use for long-press signalling

#endif
Old 04-05-2014, 04:12 AM   #320 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
I tried doing a small program to turn on a LED with buttons and working properly: S

have seen a very well this?
I have MPGuino to work with the Arduino Mega V3.0 smoothly and the settings I posted before.
I find it strange not work with her, and also I do not see what's wrong.

Eu tenho o MPGuino a trabalhar com o arduino Mega V3.0 sem problemas e com as definições que postei antes.
Acho estranho não funcionar com o seu, e também não estou a ver qual será o problema.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to josemapiro For This Useful Post:
modrcm (04-05-2014), t vago (04-10-2014)
Reply  Post New Thread