Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #261 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

yes. iv had the fsm for a while. the egr area is really confusing me.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-19-2013, 10:52 PM   #262 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Rusty crusty trusty - '94 Honda Civic Cx
90 day: 36.13 mpg (US)

Vx - '92 Honda Civic Vx
90 day: 49.97 mpg (US)
If I get a chance I'll read it and see I know the ports plug up. Remove the egr valve and see if it's plugged up.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #263 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

well a long time ago I did take out the egr valve. and cleaned the inside out the best I could. also cleaned out the intake area when I took the intake manifold off which was pretty gunky

I also sprayed carb cleaner thru the egr valve opening in the bottom as well. how firm is the lever of the egr valve supposed to be? on the bottom where the hole is and hard to explain and I don't have any pics cuz im not by it.

theres the vacuum control and the part next to it is the egr solenoid right? whatever it is theres a black round filter on top of that. take it off theres no vacuum. unplug the source to that no change or cel either

manual said something about a fuse or something. I called Honda and they said they thought it wud be a fuse too
Old 04-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #264 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

after reading the manual and trying to diagnose the EGR system it says the next step is to "repair open in BLK/YEl wire between the solenoid valve and ACG(S) {15A} fuse. just grabbed a new fuse. going to replace and see what happens once I can locate it
Old 04-29-2013, 12:58 AM   #265 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Why it was there idk.but in the ACG s fuse underneath the dash on the bottom of the fuse box in place of that was like a plastic fuse.replaced it with a 15a fuse shall see how much better the milage is.I swear if it was just this fuse.......wow.

Coasting as much as possible and not letting RPMs go over 2k.will post millage at end of tank.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:06 AM   #266 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty94cx View Post
If I get a chance I'll read it and see I know the ports plug up. Remove the egr valve and see if it's plugged up.
As far as I know I don't think the EGR ports are plugged.I accidentally didn't bolt on the other bolt for the egr valve so I was getting quite a vacuum leak from it.so I know the vacuum was reaching it.

Its just weird that unplugging the valve doesnt set off a CEL
Old 04-29-2013, 07:05 PM   #267 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Vx - '92 Honda Civic Vx
My last tank wasn't that great and I got a new 02. Monitor lean burn. Sometimes 2500 in lean burn is better than 1900 out of it.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #268 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

well it was most definitely that stupid fuse. iv gone 100 miles already and the needle is probably going to hit the quarter tank mark pretty soon. looking much much better. went and got an extention for the breaker bar and using the right tool to get the crank shaft pulley off and getting the water pump and timing belt done right now.

once I get the money im just going to put in a stock d series tranny. I don't do much highway driving. and I believe there is oil leaking behind the oil warmer/cooler. the tech at Honda said its more than likely the seal behind it thank god

the price for that warmer/cooler/whateverthehelluwannacall it thing is looking salty.

oil pan gasket as well in the future

just ordered new drilled and slotted rotors and brake pads with 1 year warranty for 75 bucks those are on their way as well

then the back drums def rusting pretty bad going to replace those as well

use it as my dd until I get a job back on track and save up for another crx.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:24 PM   #269 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Vx - '92 Honda Civic Vx
I believe the oil cooler is nla. They don't go bad if it leaks it is just a rubber o ring if I remember correctly. Always check the dumb first. Fuses and grounds.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:57 PM   #270 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Drilled rotors are a waste, BTW. They also need to be checked for cracks pretty frequently. That's fine on race cars where you have the wheels off all the time and do a thorough inspection periodically, but not so good on a drive-it-and-forget-it street car.

-soD

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
civic vx, honda