Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Motorcycles / Scooters
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2022, 06:18 PM   #1131 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
I've got 25 years until the Eagle theoretically poops for me. I'm not holding my breath, but I am holding my nose.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-21-2022, 10:20 AM   #1132 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

Thanked 1,112 Times in 981 Posts
Hmmm freebeard has a late in the month birthday. Wife is 2nd week payment.

Nobody notices a cellphone in your shirt pocket anymore, and even less for orientation of the cameras and even less still for the non boomer generation. Been able to voice control since my Samsung in 2013 and a pack of gum in the bottom of that pocket kept the camera clear. Hmmmmm, I can use my extra Nokia as a dash cam......

Funny, I always figured I would never get SSAN payments and did things to remediate. I do get them and a whole lot of other suprising freebies
Old 07-21-2022, 05:28 PM   #1133 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,585 Times in 7,069 Posts
Quote:
Hmmm freebeard has a late in the month birthday.
If you tell me my dear mother's madien name, I will freak the F out.

So I took the factory tour agsin. It's two hour until Riverfont Park opens up. I found out the hard way.

Here they are making vacuum formed body panels. The yellow robot arm will soon be picking parts right out of the press and using a secondary form and CNC routers to trim the shape and add holes.

Here are the forms that blew my pea-brain the last time.

Does anyone know how much just one of the would cost? CNC milled or 3D printed. In any case it looks like they get two pair of fenders per pop.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (07-21-2022)
Old 07-22-2022, 01:13 AM   #1134 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Martha!

Wait, you wrote "Maiden name."

Hmm...

Adam said they vacuum-formed Jamie's mustache on Mythbusters.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	main-qimg-ee3d2f806ca28a8754b560b02854c416.png
Views:	89
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	32652  
Old 07-22-2022, 02:26 AM   #1135 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

My parents had a desktop vacuum former in the 1980s. It hinged down the middle, heated on one side and sucked on the other.

Arcimoto's press is straight up and down, which is better.

Best part of the tour was beforehand, I walked the periemter of their location and I saw what will be the new entrance to the factory, the current entrance will be seconcary.. Right at the new entrance is a little shop, wide and shallow, maybe 20x40. I asked what it might become and [Victor, their head of security] said if not a visitor center, maybe a restraunt.

I put an FUV sticker on the bacxk of the XFi.

Old 07-22-2022, 09:27 AM   #1136 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

I aint that magical or a data snoop, the payment schedule is on the SSAN site FAQ: your birthday determines which week you get paid. Reverse engineer that and viola. If you leave breadcrumbs all over the place, not my fault.

You could fake blender the dies to do a print on your 3d thingee for time then multiply that by some arbitrary shop rate, but unless they have a CNC mill in house and a pretty savvy cad dude expect the dies to be more than a hundred thou each side. So easily perhaps a million and change sitting on that rack.

Those are pretty beefy dies and very deep for a vacuum form, more like what the hydroform place I worked at used for .125 aluminum @800 ton. Were the fenders originally supposed to be metal?

Last edited by Piotrsko; 07-22-2022 at 09:32 AM..
Old 07-22-2022, 01:21 PM   #1137 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
expect the dies to be more than a hundred thou each side. So easily perhaps a million and change sitting on that rack.
Thanks. I knew the number would be high, but I wouldn't have gone with 100K.

Old 07-23-2022, 09:36 AM   #1138 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

Could be more expensive still, I am out of date on shop hourly rates, they could be $250 @ hour or higher.
Old 07-27-2022, 12:27 AM   #1139 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Kirsten Dirksen does a lot of tiny house videos. Here she goes for a ride with Mark Fohnmayer. Joe Morgan's final instruction: "don't forget to breathe".

It's journalism so she calls the Rental Center their Headquarters. At {timestamp} you find a rainbow Subaru, so you know you're in the Whitaker.

The stock footage inserts are out of character for her videos.

Old 08-03-2022, 04:58 PM   #1140 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

A couple comments on the last 60 pages:
1. ABS is really a necessary safety feature. Sub-$10,000 motorcycles have it as an option
2. There is no federal rebund or rebate on 3 wheel motorcycles. Unless the current EV bill passes, at which it might. The Oregon $2500 refund requires you to own it for 2 years before selling/transferring
3. Doors took over 2 years to design and manufacture. It was because of fitment but also for liability concerns. If the door isn’t well tested and in an accident ends up hurting someone …
4. Torque vectoring will likely only be made available at slow, parking type speeds
5. Rentals in Eugene went from $16 an hour to somewhere around $30 an hour
6. I use ally.com for stock trades. Cheap $5 trades, responsive (when I deleted my email on how to vote), they give you year end statements
7. They use the term “upper frame” instead of roll cage because it is crush tested to car specs, not roll over tested.
8. Eagle/gull doors are likely not possible. They would weigh too much, require attachment points that would likely then trigger crush testing again, and they look like they stick out a lot when opening /closing
9. Solar roofs cost more than the benefit you would gain from them. They are mostly a gimmick at this point
10. The first MLM will likely cost over $10k. The cheapest version is likely at least a year or 2 away and might be released at $3000-$4000. Just got surveyed on it with “how much are you willing to pay” questions
11. I don’t know if Reacher can really get his pension money via Western Union. My guess is he has a buddy cash it and the buddy sends money via WU every so often. The bigger question in my mind is why does he buy clothes every 3-5 or so days and throw them away. Super wasteful.

Reply  Post New Thread