Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > DIY / How-to
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2011, 12:59 AM   #441 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

nEon - '96 dodge neon
good for you wolverine, you test and post honest results, I did my own hho testing back about 2 years ago, I still hear the same arguments, though valid, I kept an mpg log, and even put the car on the dyno, I kept the results, but if you keep testing be prepared to give valid results or you wont be taken seriously, and even with an mpg log and valid results, you will still get skepticism from some. first problem is how do you acquire enough power to generate enough hho to give you the results you want. remember you cant get more out then you put in (not my idea, just physics)

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-02-2011, 01:03 AM   #442 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

nEon - '96 dodge neon
also, I just want to give you some advise, dont waste your time or money with the pwm, just my .02
Old 02-02-2011, 01:03 AM   #443 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

nEon - '96 dodge neon
also, I just want to give you some advise, dont waste your time or money with the pwm, just my .02
Old 02-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #444 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

sukisuki - '00 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4wd
90 day: 21.88 mpg (US)
PWM might work better than DC since it allows to remove the charge built up on the anode/cathode.
Also high voltage is giving interesting results in labs. Not sure though.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #445 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

nEon - '96 dodge neon
the problem is the heat, if you mount it in the engine compartment, you have to account for the heat from the mosfets in the pwm but also from the engine as well, you are better off using a 300w resistor, that is still what i use today, no mosfets to over heat, no boil over from the cell just a constant current output. After all the pwms i bought and built, the resistor works the best.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #446 (permalink)
UFO
Master EcoModder

Colorado - '17 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 LT
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangomar View Post
PWM might work better than DC since it allows to remove the charge built up on the anode/cathode.
Also high voltage is giving interesting results in labs. Not sure though.
Coming from an electrical engineering background, this statement makes ZERO sense. Please rephrase in more precise terms.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:23 PM   #447 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

sukisuki - '00 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4wd
90 day: 21.88 mpg (US)
Ions, think at them like the depletion zone in a semiconductor barrier. There is a built up field because of these ions.

Using PWM you build and remove it.

Regarding the high voltage effects I need to find the paper that was indicating higher Faraday conversion efficiency using high voltage in electrolysis...
Old 02-02-2011, 06:46 PM   #448 (permalink)
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Ions, think at them like the depletion zone in a semiconductor barrier. There is a built up field because of these ions.

Regarding the high voltage effects I need to find the paper that was indicating higher Faraday conversion efficiency using high voltage in electrolysis...
A few folks were not using an electrolite, I think that is the limit, you need close plates and HV.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #449 (permalink)
UFO
Master EcoModder

Colorado - '17 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 LT
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
Quote:

Thank you for the rephrasing. That makes a bit more sense. But understand we are still talking about a marginal improvement on an endothermic process, and you will never recover 60% of the work you put into it.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #450 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

nEon - '96 dodge neon
well I just want to chime in here and first say you are right, I know that im asking for trouble, but though it is not possible to get out more than you put in you can infact get some performance gains with the proper set up, for example, if you upgrade the alternator to a higher amperage and add a second battery, that is only charged from the upgraded alternator, and only use the hho generator from the second battery, you can produce enough to see some gains to make a difference. the motor will work a bit harder to charge the second battery, but not enough to cansel out any gains. just my .02, speaking from experiance. not 60% as you say but 25-30% which is good when gas is $3.07 a gallon

Reply  Post New Thread