Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > The Unicorn Corral
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2011, 12:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

the green machine :P - '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ
90 day: 20.92 mpg (US)

Thee s10 - '00 Chevy S10
90 day: 24.27 mpg (US)

Freedom - '05 Kawasaki Ninja 250EX
90 day: 75.55 mpg (US)
your all over thinking the ecu and o2 sensor stuff if your using electrolysis to create hydrogen and oxygen you just hook it up to a vacuum line because it's putting in the exact amount of oxygen to burn the hydrogen completely, so in other words it's putting in what it needs to burn either way putting the supply line in front of the throttle valve complecates things more then it helps. Also i put a hydrogen reaction chamber on my gmc and went from 12 to 15 mpg's thats a 25% increase. it's best if you have vacuum on the reaction chamber rather then pressurize it!

The Following User Says Thank You to stovie For This Useful Post:
Gatech (07-03-2012)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-13-2011, 01:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
Aero Deshi

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)
This thread should be kicked to the curb. The absurdity of HHO generators has been kicked around enough; it is pseudo science at its worst and a complete waste of time. Anybody with an ounce of common sense and a modicum of chemistry knowledge knows that you can't get something out of nothing. HHO's claims violate the laws of chemistry and physics on many levels.

Die thread...DIE!
Old 02-13-2011, 04:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The SCUD - '15 Fiat Scudo L2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazInMT View Post
This thread should be kicked to the curb. The absurdity of HHO generators has been kicked around enough; it is pseudo science at its worst and a complete waste of time. Anybody with an ounce of common sense and a modicum of chemistry knowledge knows that you can't get something out of nothing. HHO's claims violate the laws of chemistry and physics on many levels.
If someone wants to go out and try it regardless, let them have a try.
They can't really say they weren't warned

But any claims should be backed up by serious testing and fuel logs.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:27 AM   #14 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

the green machine :P - '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ
90 day: 20.92 mpg (US)

Thee s10 - '00 Chevy S10
90 day: 24.27 mpg (US)

Freedom - '05 Kawasaki Ninja 250EX
90 day: 75.55 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazInMT View Post

Die thread...DIE!
first off have you ever tried making a hydrogen reaction chamber before??? if not shut up until you've tried it!!!

second i have personally built a hydrogen reaction chamber that had only 2 plates that are 4 inches by 8 inches at 10 - 15 amps make enough hydrogen to fill a bouncy balloon(though's balloons that are about 18 - 20 inches in diameter) in 1.5 - 2 minutes and from what i've seen if you add more plates it also about doubles the hydrogen production per additional plate at roughly the same amps so don't tell me it won't work!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to stovie For This Useful Post:
Gatech (07-03-2012)
Old 02-14-2011, 04:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
Aero Deshi

Stovie, It won't work. The numbers don't add up. Gasoline is a hydrocarbon. Hydrogen and Carbon molecules are combined with the oxygen in the air to produce CO2 and H2O. Basically, our cars are all hydrogen powered as it is. 1 gallon of gasoline creates 1 gallon of water as a combustion byproduct. So by using electrolysis to break down a quart of water over a period of weeks or months while hundreds of gallons of gasoline are consumed and adding it to the fuel mixture, it is too small of a fraction of the total fuel to make a difference.

Also you must consider that it takes energy to perform the electrolysis, more energy than is created by recombining the hydrogen and oxygen when you combust it in the engine. Think about it....if you could just run an electric generator, separate the H & O in water, then burn it in an engine that created enough power to not only run the generator some more, but to propel whatever vehicle it was contained in, you'd have a perpetual motion machine and then some.

Get yer head out of yer butt and use some common freakin sense. Our cars are already powered by Hydrogen & Oxygen, your miniscule contribution of hydrogen and oxygen to the mix is like saying that by using a squirt gun along with a 2" fire hose at 80 PSI will put out a fire twice as quick.

Do some research, find out what gasoline and combustion are, ask yourself "Why don't we just use the brown gas to power our vehicles and forget about using any gasoline at all?" When you answer that question to yourself, you'll be all like, "Oh, I see, electrolysis takes more energy than it can produce, so the car won't go." You believe in a chemical perpetual motion process, it is no different than any other perpetual motion device, it violates the laws of physics.

The 10 - 15 amps represent 120 - 180 watts of power, 1/4 horsepower. Do you really think using the hydrogen from a bouncy balloon or 2 in an engine would create 1/4 horsepower???

If you continue to argue with me without coming up with real scientific facts, this will make you look like a very dim bulb indeed.

Kill this thread. Or put it in a category of its own with Trolls, Fairies, Unicorns, Yetis, Mermaids, Water Ionizers, LED Light Therapy, Homeopathy, Intake Tornadoes, Fuel Line Magnets, and Vortex Generators.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:51 AM   #16 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Geo XL1 - '94 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Boat tails and more mods
90 day: 72.22 mpg (US)

Big, Bad & Flat - '01 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 21.13 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,353 Times in 711 Posts
Quote:
Do some research, find out what gasoline and combustion are, ask yourself "Why don't we just use the brown gas to power our vehicles and forget about using any gasoline at all?" When you answer that question to yourself, you'll be all like, "Oh, I see, electrolysis takes more energy than it can produce, so the car won't go." You believe in a chemical perpetual motion process, it is no different than any other perpetual motion device, it violates the laws of physics.

Are all these people dim...???

Free Energy

>
Old 02-14-2011, 01:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Aero Deshi

No, they’re brilliant. You’re dim for falling for their trick. I see a battery in the system there. Look close, it is there. Show me a video without a battery to draw power from, or show me a scientifically recognized paper that has proven perpetual motion has been achieved, not only perpetual motion, but more energy is coming out than is going in. If this cart/generator set up was working as they purport, it would be the single biggest scientific event in our history, not a You Tube video to dupe suckers into believing in fairytales. Buy me a gallon of snake oil to go along with the next You Tube video you show. And BTW....what's in that bottle in between the HHO cell and the engine? Is it a water filter to ensure the HHO Gas is Ultra-Pure??? More likely than not, it is gasoline or some other fuel. FISH OOOONNNNN!!!!!

Kill This Thread!!!!!!!!

You Tube.......

Here's proof that Aliens are visiting Earth!!!

Old 02-14-2011, 02:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
UFO
Master EcoModder

Colorado - '17 Chevrolet Colorado 4x4 LT
90 day: 23.07 mpg (US)
make it stop....

please, for the love of god make it stop...
Old 02-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovie View Post
first off have you ever tried making a hydrogen reaction chamber before??? if not shut up until you've tried it!!!
You just lost me there. Good luck making your perpetual machine work.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
Aero Deshi

According to Stovie-Logic...I need to jump off a 200 foot cliff to see if it will kill me rather than think through the known facts of the situation and realize the leap would be fatal.

Let's not..and say we didn't.

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
hho, hydrogen, hydroxy