Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2020, 10:29 AM   #361 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Geo XL1 - '94 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Boat tails and more mods
90 day: 72.22 mpg (US)

Big, Bad & Flat - '01 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 21.13 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,353 Times in 711 Posts

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...irus-7088.html

The next 4 years are going to be rough for some...

>

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-27-2020, 10:33 AM   #362 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

spyder2 - '00 Toyota MR2 Spyder
To be very fair, the federal bureaucracy played a big part in slowing down testing, though the POTUS probably had no interest in navigating it to speed things up, nor would he be able to if he wanted to.

But now the "we should have heard sooner" excuse coming from Pompeo, Moulton, Banks, etc. is beyond pathetic and disgusting in trying to avoid responsibility. Unfortunately, they might actually get away with it.

Old 03-27-2020, 10:44 AM   #363 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
3. If anything has gone wrong it wasn't our fault. To quote Trump: "“Yeah, no, I don’t take responsibility at all". (That was specifically an answer to the delay in getting test kits - which we still don't have enough of)

Yes, responsible people and organizations have to push back against that.
I thought the specific answer was "You're a bad reporter!" I guess I confused it with another direct question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

Old 03-27-2020, 11:16 AM   #364 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck View Post

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...irus-7088.html

The next 4 years are going to be rough for some...
1. It is WAY to early to make predictions on what will happen in the November elections.

2. Massive unemployment and recession generally is not a good sign for the incumbent party.

3. Are you really celebrating Trump's approval rating on the COVID 19 response hitting 50% the week the Federal government agreed to send out $1200 checks to everyone?

Trump's overall approval rating is 47%. In 2009 Obama was in the 60's and Bush was in the 80's after 9/11.

EDIT: The virus also hasn't hit GOP sections of the country hard yet. Today is is still seen as a big city problem by many in the GOP. People dying in their towns might change opinion just a bit. My parents and in-laws still aren't taking this seriously.

Last edited by JSH; 03-27-2020 at 11:24 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to JSH For This Useful Post:
Piotrsko (03-27-2020)
Old 03-27-2020, 11:19 AM   #365 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

Thanked 1,111 Times in 980 Posts
It's probably too early to call the election before Nove 5

Old 03-27-2020, 01:17 PM   #366 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Geo XL1 - '94 Geo Metro
Team Metro
Boat tails and more mods
90 day: 72.22 mpg (US)

Big, Bad & Flat - '01 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 21.13 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,353 Times in 711 Posts

It seems the media is concerned about Trumps approval rising. So, they’re going to censor his updates on the pandemic as they see fit.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/26...s-conferences/

And what’s this...

Michigan’s Democratic Governor

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/op...ce/2922272001/

Quote:
Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs literally threatened all doctors and pharmacists in the state who prescribe or dispense hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19.

The agency’s March 24 letter warns physicians and pharmacists of professional consequences for the prescribing of hydroxychloroquine (and chloroquine). Beyond the rational recommendation against hoarding as production of this medication needs to be ramped up, the letter deviates into open threats of “administrative action” against the licenses of doctors that prescribe hydroxychloroquine.

The letter also instructs pharmacists to ignore physician orders for this medication. Due to the debate over a pharmacist’s right to refuse to fill medications that go against their religious beliefs, this could place pharmacists in the unprecedented position of being told that they must fill prescriptions that violate their “conscience (religious belief)” but must not fill prescriptions to treat COVID-19.

Even worse, the letter indicates health care providers are “required to report” their fellow physicians who are prescribing these medications. This draconian measure carries ominous Gestapo-like overtones of neighbor reporting neighbor to “authorities.”

During a time of crisis, in which physicians continue to see patients despite not having enough protective gear, this threatening, authoritarian stance from our governor is counterproductive at best.

Compare that to this Democratic Governor

Gov. Cuomo: ‘I Agree With Trump,’ Orders Trial of Anti-Malaria Drug Touted by POTUS To Start Tomorrow

https://newsthud.com/gov-cuomo-i-agr...tart-tomorrow/

Quote:
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo came to his senses and said he agreed with President Trump and that the anti-malaria drug Trump has touted is worth a shot.

There has been some information that it could work and the media blasted Trump for agreeing and offering hope to a nation.

Cuomo announced that the test will start tomorrow, and thanked the Trump admin for getting it done quickly.

We have secured 70,000 hydrocloroquin and 10,000 zithromax from the federal government. I want to thank the FDA for moving very expeditiously to get us this supply,” Cuomo said.

Maybe the tide is turning...

>

Old 03-27-2020, 01:52 PM   #367 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 31.19 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I established that the "Director" of a group home was responsible for missed sessions. I told him that after they had four no-shows and were put on probation I was instructed to confirm with him before going over. He didn't confirm. I didn't go over. They insisted that I was a no-show, but could not provide specifics. I gave them dates and times. I read e-mails. Then he said "Moving on..."

People move on when they do not want to be held responsible for their mistakes. How do we hold China, the head of WHO, Turnip, and whoever else responsible?

I do not have any idea, but Turnip supporters are not taking this as seriously as his opponents, so they will spread the disease more. Hopefully they will reconsider when they get sick and if they happen to die more, they will not be able to reelect him.

Old 03-27-2020, 02:13 PM   #368 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,387 Times in 3,361 Posts
Treatment decisions are primarily and almost exclusively in the domain of the patient-doctor relationship. Politics has little place and should have little authority here. It's the physician responsibility to act in the best interest of the patient, and it's the patient's responsibility as a sovereign being to inform themselves as best they can and decide the best course of action. If the doctor doesn't act in the best interest of their patients, their license to practice medicine should be revoked... as a tangent, we elect judges to use their discretion when administering justice, so minimum sentencing laws are garbage and undermine the role of the judge. If we don't agree with how a judge rules, it's our duty to elect one that we deem to be more just, not to strip away their authority.

I'm not following the relevance of the no-show story. There's no such thing as holding someone responsible for disease. I've no doubt caused others to become ill before, and they get no compensation from me, and likewise I hold nobody else liable so long as there was no malicious intent. Disease is just a step outside our reasonable ability to control, and therefore be liable for.

"not taking this as seriously as his opponents" is a 1-sided and myopic view of the situation. It's way more complex than that. There are other considerations besides just to slow the spread as much as possible, such as economic. Then there's a certain level of social engineering required to get people to behave in the best possible way.

Perhaps Trump's rhetoric is not "serious" enough, but we'll only know this in hindsight. EDIT: It's also possible Trump has been informed of something positive that we have not been informed of.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 03-27-2020 at 07:41 PM..

The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
Fat Charlie (03-27-2020)
Old 03-27-2020, 02:16 PM   #369 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,524 Times in 2,798 Posts
It looks like treatment and politics are linked in Michigan
If the governor is threatening your Dr because the governor doesn't like a treatment based on his loath for the president.
I would say politics plays into care.

Old 03-27-2020, 02:31 PM   #370 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,573 Times in 7,059 Posts
I predicted that Meghan would need to get Harry to LA where the divorce laws are more favorable to her.

www.breitbart.com: They Love L.A. – Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Move to California
Quote:
“Harry and Meghan have left Canada now for good,” a “Royal insider” told the tabloid. “The borders were closing and flights were stopping. They had to get out.”

The border between the U.S. and Canada — the longest in the world — closed last week in response to the Chinese coronavirus pandemic, as both countries see the numbers of those infected rise.

The new life in the U.S. comes in direct contradiction to what the Daily Mail reported in January. It said then the couple planned on living in Canada and would eventually seek a home and business in Los Angeles – but only after U.S. President Donald Trump left office.

www.breitbart.com: SEIU Healthcare Union Suddenly Finds 39 Million N95 Masks

Quote:
The Service Employees International Union said it has located 39 million N95 masks and will be facilitating the sale of them to healthcare providers.
The union said it will be selling the masks to states, counties and hospitals for $5 apiece and claims it “has no financial interest in the transactions.”

Similar N95 masks are available on the Home Depot website for $23.97 for a box of 20, or about $1.20 apiece.

In other news, Kathy Griffin is Okay. It was just stomach flu. I know we were all concerned.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com: Democrats Discover Border Security – Rhode Island Governor Orders National Guard Checkpoints To Protect Against New Yorkers…

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist
I do not have any idea, but Turnip supporters are not taking this as seriously as his opponents, so they will spread the disease more. Hopefully they will reconsider when they get sick and if they happen to die more, they will not be able to reelect him.
You're a sick puppy, Xist.

Last edited by freebeard; 03-27-2020 at 02:37 PM..

Closed Thread  Post New Thread