Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2015, 05:50 AM   #261 (permalink)
JDM hypeR mileR

The OG VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 68.64 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltothewolf View Post
I'm confused, was that sticker because you parked it with the tire off? Wat?
Haha! I parked the car at 7:00pm in a business parking lot in Charlotte. My wife came in picked me up in our truck. She also bought a laundry list of tools from our garage to help me jack the car up. She didn't miss a single item on my list, and even hauled my 30 lb. racing jack! I was very impressed. We came back the next morning, after having had the tire repaired by Discount Tire. By that point, the morning shift security patrol for that corporation had left the note that my vehicle was "not in acceptable condition". I appreciated him taking the time to inspect, make that observation, and even leave me a reminder note. I do, however, feel sorry for those in the corporation who get that memo for their operable vehicles. That's a lot of pressure, ya know, when your trying to bring in a vehicle to work that is acceptable to your colleagues. Makes me wonder what is not acceptable. Maybe an '89 Ford Aerostar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesteel93 View Post
Looking good man! I love the look of the eg6 replica corners. Might have to pick some up for myself in the future.
Thanks good sir! Here's the link if you want to order the exact same ones. A killer price at $40 shipped, in comparison to $75 for some legit used JDM/OEM corners. Again, you always "get what you pay for". However, these are decent quality, and certainly look the part.

92 95 Honda Civic EG Hatchback Corner Lights Clear 3DR | eBay

"Yesterday as I was going in to the shop, I came upon a recently killed Armadillo in the middle of the road with one front leg sticking up. As I passed over him he "High Fived" my air dam. I thought that showed a great attitude on his part." -The Donkey CRX

The Following User Says Thank You to OG VX For This Useful Post:
bluesteel93 (02-09-2015)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-08-2015, 07:37 AM   #262 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Winsight - '06 Honda Insight
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 72.19 mpg (US)
Ride looks pretty decent! I'm excited to see your more elaborate plans come together.
The Following User Says Thank You to fusion210 For This Useful Post:
OG VX (02-08-2015)
Old 02-08-2015, 08:37 AM   #263 (permalink)
JDM hypeR mileR

Team Honda
Update: 2/8/2015 - EcoModder Front Windshield Banner

I got my front windshield banner/decal on this morning. It's a small update, I know, but I am excited about it! Many thanks to fellow EM'der and friend Victor (vrmouseyd15b) for sending me over his spare decal.
Your a good man, Charlie Brown

It came some what uncut on arrival, in a rectangular shape, and the edges were dis-proportional. So, I used some skills I acquired as a Graphic Design major (first two years of college, then switched degrees/paths), along side my long metal cutting edge and X-Acto knife, and put all of that to good work.

...and...

Viola!

Outside pic.

I should add that as soon as I pulled the car out, I was meet by some intense morning sun glare, aimed head-on. No problem! The new banner took care of that just fine!

I also cleaned out my "workshop", as our European buddies call it. While doing so, I came across this:

It's the template I designed when making my fog recess covers this past fall. This is for EG's with fog's installed. Will not work for EG's without fogs. Anyone want it? Maybe use it then pass it onward to someone else who could put it to use? PM me if interested.

Finally, here's the massive cardboard box I was able to snag at work the other day. Time to put this resource to use. I hope to start making some rear-end aero templates with it this afternoon!

Be back soon with some aero stuff. Thanks for eco-tuning in!
"Yesterday as I was going in to the shop, I came upon a recently killed Armadillo in the middle of the road with one front leg sticking up. As I passed over him he "High Fived" my air dam. I thought that showed a great attitude on his part." -The Donkey CRX

Last edited by OG VX; 02-08-2015 at 08:44 AM..
vrmouseyd15b (02-08-2015)
Old 02-08-2015, 09:22 AM   #264 (permalink)
ALL UP ON THE INTERWEB!!!

skidmark - super snail - '89 honda civic wagon WAGOVAN
Team "Old SKOOL"
90 day: 30.87 mpg (US)

Pituca - '19 Honda Insight Touring
90 day: 39.34 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OG VX View Post
Update: 2/8/2015 - EcoModder Front Windshield Banner

I got my front windshield banner/decal on this morning. It's a small update, I know, but I am excited about it! Many thanks to fellow EM'der and friend Victor (vrmouseyd15b) for sending me over his spare decal.
Your a good man, Charlie Brown

It came some what uncut on arrival, in a rectangular shape, and the edges were dis-proportional.

Looking great! I'm surprised the decal wasn't cut straight, sorry. I guess that means the ones on my cars are a little cock-eyed!

Only a perfectionist like yourself would catch that. I was like, cool a sticker! And threw it on the car all willy nilly. .. I'm glad you were able to get it up to your standards!

Let's see what else you've got up your sleeve for that VX...

Thanks,
Victor

The Following User Says Thank You to vrmouseyd15b For This Useful Post:
OG VX (02-09-2015)
Old 02-08-2015, 09:24 AM   #265 (permalink)
JDM hypeR mileR

Team Honda
Update 2/5/15: Intro Rear End-Aero Reference Pics

Everyone's still asleep over here, so I figured I'd make another post. In preparation for beginning the aero work this week, I completed the Aero Template tool found on EcoModder here.

Below is my result. Also, many thanks and credit "The Donkey CRX" from EM, as he has allowed me to use/replicate his rear-end aero designs. These are already very well proven designs, and I think they look awesome! I may not copy them "to the T", but my finished product will surely be heavily-influenced by his patterns, to say the least.

This post was more for my own reference to use while outside. My next post will contain progress + pics.

Thanks for eco-tuning in.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OG VX For This Useful Post:
bluesteel93 (02-09-2015), fusion210 (02-08-2015), The donkey CRX (02-08-2015)
Old 02-09-2015, 01:55 AM   #266 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Turtle - '94 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 48.37 mpg (US)

SVO - '86 Ford Mustang SVO
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 22.03 mpg (US)
Cant wait to see how it turns out! Reminds me, I still need to finish up my kammback too... We'll have to compare them once they're both done. Mines not going to be as elaborate as The donkey CRX's though. It actually looks a lot like what you drew up in the sketch of your car awhile back.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluesteel93 For This Useful Post:
OG VX (02-09-2015)
Old 02-09-2015, 04:09 AM   #267 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Mistress - '88 Bmw 320i Touring SE
Team m8
Last 3: 27.17 mpg (US)

Germany Beadle - '91 Mercedes 300td (estate, N/A)
90 day: 24.63 mpg (US)

The Bloodylingo - '05 Citroen Berlingo Multispace Desire
90 day: 39.77 mpg (US)

Shanner Scaab - '03 Saab 9-5 estate Vector
90 day: 26.19 mpg (US)

Clio 182 - '05 Renault Clio RS 182 182
90 day: 31.73 mpg (US)
Epic work so far-much inspiration here for those of us with projects we need to get going on!

US MPG for my Renault Clio 182

---------------------------------------------------
The Following User Says Thank You to 320touring For This Useful Post:
OG VX (02-09-2015)
Old 02-12-2015, 06:57 AM   #268 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Asphault Camo - retired - '05 Honda Civic SE
90 day: 35.81 mpg (US)

Asphault Camo Kid hauler - '98 Honda Odyssey LX
90 day: 24.33 mpg (US)
bump question from permalink 131

I am reading through the thread and didn't see an answer to John's question. I am dying of curiousity. (johnlvs2run side mirrors permalink #131 http://ecomodder.com/forum/453263-post131.html)

"I like the side mirrors. Do you get a lot of headlight glare from cars behind you at night?"

Cheers,
Benphyr.

1998 Honda Odyssey Build thread http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post467438
Old 02-12-2015, 07:15 AM   #269 (permalink)
JDM hypeR mileR

Team Honda
Hey,
Sorry I didn't answer that one. I do not get glare from the side mirrors, but do get some glare from the larger (center) rear view mirror.

All in all, they work out great, though

benphyr (02-12-2015)
Old 02-12-2015, 09:54 AM   #270 (permalink)
Spaced out...

The New Focus - '07 Ford Focus ZX5
90 day: 32.44 mpg (US)
20% (or less depending on your comfort level) tint on the back window would help that issue. Considering your old cars listed on page1, I know you are no stranger to the window tint world. When I was using a wide angle rear view on my Saturn I found that the wide angle had much less glare than the regular mirror if it wasn't switched to "night mode". I thought they were all like that. With my Focus the wide angle just lets me see the head rests of the front seats so it's collecting dust now lol.

2007 Ford Focus ZX5 - 91k - SGII, pending upper and lower grill bocks - auto trans
1987 Monte Carlo SS - 5.3/4L80E swap - 13.67 @ 106
2007 Ford Focus Estate - 230k - 33mpg - Retired 4/2018
1995 Saturn SL2 - 256K miles - 44mpg - Retired 9/2014

Cost to Operate Spreadsheet for "The New Focus"

The Following User Says Thank You to spacemanspif For This Useful Post:
OG VX (02-12-2015)
Reply  Post New Thread