Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2019, 11:49 AM   #3361 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Well, I fitted a 3rd LEM and the inverter burst into life. Now outputting 10khz pwm on all 6 channels. Now I just need to figure how how to make it turn a motor ...

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-04-2019, 03:22 PM   #3362 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbauer View Post
Well, I fitted a 3rd LEM and the inverter burst into life. Now outputting 10khz pwm on all 6 channels. Now I just need to figure how how to make it turn a motor ...
If you load up my parameter file, it should run with a potbox throttle on pretty much any AC induction motor.

There may be a bit of overshoot on the torque command ... and you'll have to set your encoder pulses per revolution .. but it should spin unloaded
Old 02-05-2019, 06:29 AM   #3363 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I'm using a hall throttle and so far no luck.
Have configured throttle.
Motor and HV connected.
Confirmed mechanical speed in both direction being read when motor turned by hand.
No global faults and all igbts switching at 10khz but throttle has no effect on pwm generation and no current being generated. I suspect something is holding off the current generation but struggling to find it.
Old 02-05-2019, 11:48 AM   #3364 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Found the problem. Seems the call to the space vector modulation routine was commented out so no wonder I couldn't generate any pwm

Still not had any luck with the rotor tuning routine but guessed a few times for the rotor time constand and managed to rip my arm out of its socket trying to hold the output shaft
Old 02-05-2019, 12:31 PM   #3365 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Found the problem. Seems the call to the space vector modulation routine was commented out so no wonder I couldn't generate any pwm

Still not had any luck with the rotor tuning routine but guessed a few times for the rotor time constand and managed to rip my arm out of its socket trying to hold the output shaft
What version of compiler are you running?

I have not successfully built the source as yet. Just loading hex files that Paul built.

My board was/is set up for a potbox. I think Paul sent me instructions on what resistors to change out for a hall effect throttle. I'll check my email.

--------------------------my email 1 ---------------------------------
Hi Paul,

I know you are busy. I'm trying to get a hall effect sensor connected to my AC controller. The logging shows -4096 for the raw throttle, and the input pin seems to be dragging down the signal from the hall effect throttle.

Hopefully I did not kill the analog input. I don't think anything that I did should have done anything bad.

5V to throttle, 0V to throttle, checked voltage out of throttle, ranged from 0.5 - 2.2V. The other signal from the throttle is 1.0V - 4.4V (maybe not quite 2x)

Connect to the input pin and the signal drops to -0.18 ... that is below the level of the GND pin using my crappy meter ... but how?

-------------------------------my email 2 -----------------------------------

Hi Paul,

R53 is not installed
R51 is brn blk blk org brn. Measures as 1.001 K

You had given me a mod to use a hall effect throttle but I did not, apparently, get that far.

--------------------------paul's email ------------------------------

With the hall throttle disconnected, R51 should read 100k. It sounds like I put the wrong resistor in there. The hall sensors generally can only put out around 3mA, so a 1k resistor would be trying to take 5mA from it.
I just tried compiling it in mplab x, adn didn't have any issues. I chose the C30 compiler when I went through the "create a new project" steps. You could send the controller a 2.5v signal, and it will view that as zero throttle, as long as you set the minimum throttle to around 512.

--------------------------------------------

Last edited by thingstodo; 02-05-2019 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: put in quoted emails
Old 02-05-2019, 01:27 PM   #3366 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I am using mplabx. quite easy to setup and use :https://www.microchip.com/mplab/mplab-x-ide

Regards the hall effect throttle, I am using one from a bmw e46 that outputs between 0.65 and 4.3v so I just feed this into the throttle input and give it +5v and ground then workout the calibration as normal. No need to mess about with resistors at all.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:34 AM   #3367 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Just wondering was there any software available that used the CAN bus?
Old 02-06-2019, 12:40 PM   #3368 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I made a little video :
https://youtu.be/0mmoOgNgo_M
Old 02-06-2019, 12:48 PM   #3369 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Just wondering was there any software available that used the CAN bus?
I didn't know that there was CANbus hardware on the board.

I'm not aware of any CAN support in the software that I have
Old 02-07-2019, 02:23 PM   #3370 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Here is my first go at using Paul's brain in one of my own designs :
https://github.com/damienmaguire/Eno...ova_V2_MPH.sch
This board is designed to control an Enova inverter. I have one of these in my BMW E39 so going to give it a try with Paul's controls.

Reply  Post New Thread