Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2009, 01:13 AM   #191 (permalink)
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Then your results are considered "extraordinary". Your driving style may be inherently efficient. The expectation is to decipher that style from those around you (both on the road in the forums) and communicate it in your profile and through discussion. As it stands, a layperson could expect to hop in a Grand Prix and expect the same kind of mileage. After having driven several varieties of these vehicles in rental form (and with a driving style considered "Average" for testing purposes), I can say that this is not accurate. All I ask is for honesty, accuracy, and an adherence to the Scientific Method.

-Rick/RH77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
Ok - I think you missed the question. I was asking about the "hypermiler" designation in the fuel log display.

Then I noted that I don't feel like I've been doing anything to earn the designation displayed on mine, and asked if there were other designations, and at what percentage it would say something other than "hypermiler" or nothing at all.

Had nothing to do with me personally, except the anecdotal evidence that I don't feel as though I'm really trying to do anything different than I've been most times.

_
_
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-22-2009, 01:43 AM   #192 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Ok.. that notwithstanding, I'm still wondering at what percentage the log graphic stops saying "hypermiler".

I've noticed given time that some say it, and some don't. I just wondered
1. When it will stop saying it.
2. What other designations can be displayed, if any.
3. What percentages will trigger those displays, if they exist.

We're not talking about me at all this time.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:01 AM   #193 (permalink)
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
Christ -

We had this discussion a long time ago, in a thread far far away. If I remember correctly, I think the cutoff is 20% over EPA.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society
Old 01-22-2009, 02:03 AM   #194 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
OK, that's all I wanted... I searched a little bit for it, but didn't find anything. Obviously, it was long before I was here.

Thanks!

Old 01-22-2009, 02:51 AM   #195 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

DMC - '99 Honda Civic DX
I started hypermiling back in 05', some peeps from here remember me from gassavers.. I was so focused on getting the best gas mileage I sold my car and bought a honda civic which got about 10 more mpg than my last car. I learned to drive stick all by myself with some tips from some car forums and friends. I'm very persistent so if I want something I'll get it or die trying.

My educational background. I almost dropped out of high school and barely got my high school diploma with a 2.05gpa. I went to college and for the first 3 years pretty much dropped half my classes and even failed one class. I started working and it really opened my eyes. It really sucked working for minimum wage and being broke all the time.

I got my Associate in Science recently and I'm one class away from an another one. I'm currently continuing my education, studying Diagnostic medical imaging(x-ray technician). My plan is to finish Diagnostic medical imaging and somehow fit that one class inbetween everything so I can pick up another associates diploma. If I don't like the money I'll be making i'll just further my education.

I'm still broke but I'm working on my situation.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:27 AM   #196 (permalink)
Losing the MISinformation

Quad Cam - '00 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX
Last 3: 25.94 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
I honestly don't feel like I'm "hypermiling" at all... I just drive normally most of the time.
Hey, Christ(opher )! I just went and did the last update on my Intrigue, and noticed that while there is a big difference between my mileage while driving to school vs. all town driving, I see two things that really hurt my mileage:

1) Pulling a trailer.
2) Certain aggressive driving tendencies that I'm still trying to shake.

My guess is that you do much better than most at not taking out your frustrations/competitiveness on the gas pedal of your car. That is how you can get the "extraordinary" rating from Rick, since most of us are/were pretty crappy at being nice to our go pedal.

When I'm going the 58 miles or so to school, I'm all hypermiler: safe drafting, coasting, timing lights, "brake pedal is my enemy," keep the torque converter locked in, the whole nine yards. Dangerously close to an obsession. When in the hometown, I find myself so involved with remembering everything I'm supposed to do, that eco-driving doesn't come so easily. Again, I'm thinking that you can whip the EPA just by being you!

...and DUDE, 949 posts since November! Man, do you sleep with your computer???

The brake pedal is my enemy. The brake pedal is my enemy. The brake pedal...
Old 01-23-2009, 01:23 AM   #197 (permalink)
Mechanical engineer

Siitin - '98 Seat Cordoba Vario
90 day: 58.56 mpg (US)

VW Lupo 3L --> 2L - '00 VolksWagen Lupo 3L
Diesel
90 day: 104.94 mpg (US)

A8 luxury fuel sipper - '97 Audi A8 1.2 TDI 6 speed manual
90 day: 64.64 mpg (US)

Audi A4B6 Avant Niistäjä - '02 Audi A4b6 1.9tdi 96kW 3L
90 day: 54.57 mpg (US)

Tourekki - '04 VW Touareg 2.5TDI R5 6 speed manual
90 day: 32.98 mpg (US)

A2 1.4TDI - '03 Audi A2 1.4 TDI
90 day: 45.68 mpg (US)

A2 1.4 LPG - '02 Audi A2 1.4 (75hp)
90 day: 24.67 mpg (US)
Hi,

I am 24 year old guy from Finland. I graduated as automotive engineer last summer from Helsinki Polytechic Stadia. At School I worked a student project car called Citycab which is a modern taxi with hybrid powertrain from Prius. For more information:
HTML Code:
http://www.citycab.stadia.fi/
Then that car become ready and begin Stadias next consept project which is called Electric RaceAbout-ERA. On this project I worked for half a year and then I graduated. Era is a four wheel driven electric sports car with full carbon fibre body. The car is built for speed but still you can drive it economically because it its electric. The school will take part for the automotive xprize contest held in the states somewhere next year. Fuel consumption for that contest must be at least 100mpg, google tells more about that. Eras web pages are:
HTML Code:
http://www.raceabout.fi/
Now I am working with valmet automotives product development unit...

https://www.linkedin.com/in/vesatiainen/

Vesa Tiainen innovation engineer and automotive enthusiast
Old 02-04-2009, 11:31 PM   #198 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

What's everyones background?

I too am EE with >20yrs exp fixing everything electronic with the last 10 being PC-related,.. and IT Systems engineer with > 18yrs exp. I prefer the former ;-)

I am here to gather info, help, tips and tricks to convert my Cherokee to Electric. I am running ~200hp how, so figure 100 ought to be fine - but I don't know. Jeep is a heave beast with 2 Diff and lots of driveshafts under there ;-)

If I see a circuit or schematic, I can build it, but have NO experience with PIC or Microcontroller(s) - although I d have tons of books and papers (and circuits) for them.

I am into Free/Alternate energy and thrive on new info and possibilities. Water power, Pyramid Power Overunity engines, etc.

Thanks for listening
Old 02-07-2009, 02:16 AM   #199 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Spent 7yrs in the Army and now I'm a student trying to understand electrical engineering.
I would like to focus on power generation from alternative sources such as solar, wind, hydro, etc.
Or, I would like to focus on alternative automotive technology, such as E-REV cars or motorcycles.
Other wise I found this site through a link from an article www.treehugger.com posted and thought I would join. Mostly I plan on lurking around and just reading what I can to try to get a broader knowledge base.

Last edited by spoil9; 02-07-2009 at 02:22 AM..
Old 02-07-2009, 02:22 AM   #200 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Black Fit - '08 Honda Fit Sport
Aerospace Engineering Student!

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
haarlem, http://www.ugg-mall.com, lightyear