Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > General Efficiency Discussion
Register Now
 Register Now

View Poll Results: Are women more wasteful than men?
Yes! Women are energy hogs! 26 70.27%
No! Men waste more energy! 3 8.11%
Get a haircut 8 21.62%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2008, 09:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

4OVER4 - '85 Mitsubishi Starion ESi
90 day: 24.97 mpg (US)

Auto - '87 Mitsubishi Starion LE
90 day: 23.65 mpg (US)

Soarer - '96 Lexus SC-300
90 day: 25.27 mpg (US)
She can't seem to grasp the concept of "coasting" - her foot's either on the gas or the brake...

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-10-2008, 09:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
Master Novice

Josie - '87 Toyota Pickup
90 day: 29.5 mpg (US)

Felicia - '09 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 50.48 mpg (US)
My wife and I share a shower, since it steams up the bathroom less and and uses less hot water when two people shower in only slightly more time than one. This started out as her idea, back when we lived in a house that had a 30-gal water heater that only barely worked. Eventually I replaced the heater, but the shower habit has never changed. She also insisted I install a water saver shower head when we moved to this new house. We installed a woodstove since the fuel for it is usually free on the side of the road; she cuts wood too. She holds parts and hands me tools when I install yet another ceiling fan. "It's cheaper than air conditioning. Is this ceiling high enough for one?"

I taught her the rudiments of hypermiling and immediately the car's average jumped by about 3mpg.

Sorry guys, my highly significant other, my much better half, runs counter to the cliche.

I guess in this, like all things, your missus may vary!

Lead or follow. Either is fine.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:10 AM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Seige Tank

yarii - '07 Toyota Yaris 4dr (auto)
90 day: 41.37 mpg (US)

Bullet Bill - '07 Toyota Yaris 2dr hatch
90 day: 36.19 mpg (US)
@elhigh

I hear ya she reads the forum sometimes, your safe j/k

I am not trying to save the planet, just trying to hurt it a little less

Yaris build thread

what is... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COINTELPRO
Old 06-10-2008, 10:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
That VX guy!

The VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Send a message via AIM to TomO Send a message via Yahoo to TomO
I'm working on my wife, but the female logic is so darn hard to figure out!

Old 06-10-2008, 01:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Red Car - '89 Chevrolet Celebrity CL 4 door
Team Chevy
90 day: 36.47 mpg (US)

Winter Wagon - '89 Pontiac 6000 LE Wagon
90 day: 28.26 mpg (US)
Johnny, you hit the nail on the head. Your wife sounds just like mine. All those things plus more. Last time I let her drive my Celebrity it got 24 mpg. If it doesnt accelerate as fast as she wants it to, she thinks theres something wrong with it. I think the car is very quick.

I think it all boils down to patience.

Winter daily driver, parked most days right now

Summer daily driver
Old 06-10-2008, 01:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Ex-lurker

Skeeter - '05 Toyota Corolla LE
90 day: 35.55 mpg (US)
I'm slowly working on my fiance. I got her to turn off the AC in the bedroom when we're not sleeping and she decided we should use the more efficient AC for the rest of the apt. Of course she still leaves on every light in the apartment, all the ceiling fans, has a lead foot, and thought I was crazy for not driving with the AC on and windows open while in Florida a few weeks ago *.

* - actual conversation after leaving Ft Myers airport in our rented Yaris sedan
her - "turn on the A/C, its crazy hot out"
me - "sure" (closes all the windows & turns on the A/C)
her - (opens her window back up) "open your window"
me - "uhm... are you insane? close your window"
her - "what? you don't do that?"
me - "why would I waste twice as much gas?"
her - "so you get the gulf air AND its nice and cool"
me - (closes her window and de-activates her controls) "you want A/C, you get A/C. not both"

Men will never understand women, even with a manual and a translator.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veggiedynamics

Volt12 - '12 Chevy Volt base
my wife was very wastefull when we met.. especially with money .. shed buy one outfit and pay what i paid for cloths for the entire year.... over the last 15 years ive got her pretty well understandring that anything we save means more for us.. and now that we have a kid i can employ the "save it for your son"

Yet stil she is the one insisting on AC in the cars and house and leaving lights on etc... and im the one turning it off all the time..

Maybe it because she isn't the one that has to balance the check book.. I don't know.. but yeah you'll never understand the logic or lack there of some times.

I should not complain I got her to drive a veggie car with no ac.. but it has a nice sunroof.

Hopefully by the time im retired ill have here understanding all this "saving" stuff............ Im in my early 30's now..

Old 06-10-2008, 04:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

On the other hand, very few women seem to buy jacked-up F350 trucks wth dual rear wheels, cattle guards, chrome winches, lights, and of course the one all-important accessory: those fake plastic testicles hanging from the trailer hitch :-) Is there any more obvious way for a guy to say "Hey, I need a penis enhancement"?
Old 06-10-2008, 06:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Truck - '97 Ford Ranger
90 day: 30.32 mpg (US)
I don't have a/c in the car, its hot but get better mpg.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:36 PM   #20 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Pushrod - '02 Chevrolet Cavalier
Quote:
You are absol-freeken-lutely right on Johnny!!!

Their driving habits = abysmal. (Well, waddya expect when they got phones stuck to their heads the whole time. ) Their vehicle choices = they are the ones that "drove" this ridiculous pickup/suv thing. It's probably them that drove this stupid autostart thing too, so their suv can sit there for half an hour running before they get into it- wouldn't want to risk a cold pinky on the steering wheel now would we??? They don't have any concept of how things work. Yes, it's true, yours isn't the only one to leave windows wide open while *appliance of choice: furnace, a/c, dehumidifier, humidifier...* is blasting away on full power. Would a man run the hot water in the shower for 20 minutes before getting in it so that the tub isn't cold on the feet??? NO. And let's not forget the biggest offense of all: wanton, extravagant breeding habits, which are quickly transforming the entire globe into an urban cluster****, threatening the rest of the world's non-human inhabitants, and depleting resources right and left.

I say we're better off without 'em.
Quoted for absolute truth!

Women would buy a pile of sh!t if it was 90% off and/or painted pink. A slight exaggeration, perhaps, but not far from reality. "Nesting" they call it, a euphamism for buying crap you don't need just because you have somewhere to put it. Even excluding all the junk they have in their bathrooms, they just cannot walk through a mall and leave empty handed. I turned 24 yesterday and am currently wearing a shirt back from high school. This is the advantage of not having to keep up with what gay men publish in fashion magazines.

It doesn't matter whether "Eco" to you means "economy" or "ecology", women are compatable with neither! Having 30 pairs of shoes is not good for minimizing a footprint of any kind. Merging finances with a woman or moving her in to your house is a sure way to screw up any relationship you might have had with her or to retain your financial sanity. I will never, ever do it.

Women do not understand the concept of money, in fact, they fear it. This is why they're afraid to hold onto any sizeable sum of it and opt to spend it instead. They also don't care to understand physics or mechanics. They do not care what makes their car go enough to peek under the hood. Most women probably don't know how to perform basic maintenance or even check the oil of the cars they drive. Any fat harpy who asks "Are men obsolete?" will learn the hard way within a flat tire or check engine light. Don't believe me? Ask a man and a woman to draw you a picture of a bicycle. I guarantee you that the man's drawing will be mechanically correct while the woman's cannot possibly work.

As for pooping kids out with abandon, I believe that doing so should be painful in the long term. Pooping out offspring should not ensure financial security for women, neither from men, nor from the state. If women can choose what to do with their bodies, men should have the same rights over their wallets. My wallet, my choice!

Last edited by JohnnyGrey; 06-10-2008 at 08:01 PM..
Reply  Post New Thread