Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2020, 07:36 AM   #8301 (permalink)
Banned

The problem is that religions put this thing in minds of people, around the world, that reproduction it's sacred. So everytime someone talk about birth control for poor people in poor countries or even in their own countries, they will call hin a nazi.

Africa it's a example of food race. Science got antibiots and vacines to help poor people, and this people keep having many kids, like in Africa, and the population growns and they will need more food and more assistance to produce more food, in a neverending cycle... Neverending until a tragedy, like mass hungry...
Try to talk about sterilization, or plans to help more who accept birth controlll. You will be burned and labelled as nazi.

This left wing idea (I'm not fan of right wing either) that people can have 10 kiks if they wish and the government had to give everything to them. Immigrants with poor or none education, with primitive moral (extreme sexism), now are saw as sacred in many europeans countries, allowed to have many kids as they wish, while the original people of the country have 1 or two, and the state be obain to help such people and their many kids.
I'm not saying that people in poor counries, with war and percecucution, deserve no help. But I thnk there arte many flaws in the way they are being helped.

Immigration, I see more about the quality of the people who is going to a country. When we see a kid in a boat, like canned sardine, we got heartbreak. But when we see a kid saying that he would kill his sister if she dress like a european girl... How can see future for such mentality in a nation or culture advanced in laws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden55 View Post
To be honest climate change is more or less just the by product of overpopulation. Overpopulation is what leads to trash in the seas, pollution everywhere, overconsumption of resources etc...
I don't think we will have an issue with this in our lifetime, but at a certain point it will. In a way humans are the parasite and the earth is the host.

Last edited by All Darc; 02-01-2020 at 08:02 AM..

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-01-2020, 07:55 AM   #8302 (permalink)
Banned

I was a Star Trek fan... But today I'm not sure if I want this seed of evil to be spread around the galaxy.

Population grow reduce as people get smarter, or more futile. Smart people don't want kids in a crap/jungle world or don't want many kids to have poor life standart. Futile people are selfish and don't want many kids to have work with them.

Population grows and the demand for material for industry increase, leading to more eco problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I'm hoping humans on Mars happens while I'm around. We've gone nowhere in my lifetime. Looking forward to autonomous cars too...

Speaking of autonomy, as we advance those frontiers, the cost of everything will plummet and we'll get even more wealthy. We will probably need a smaller population to support the wealth afforded by automation, which I expect will decline naturally. Somehow there is an inverse correlation between advancement of technology and a slowing population growth.

Old 02-01-2020, 08:29 AM   #8303 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,524 Times in 2,798 Posts
Obviously global warming is real or NY would still be under a mile thick slab of ice.

Old 02-01-2020, 11:02 AM   #8304 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,524 Times in 2,798 Posts
I was looking up the Banqiao dam break in 1975 that killed 230,000 people.
Caused by super typhoon nina.
Then I figured why leave it at that, I looked up typhoon nina started forming July 28, exploded in size august 1st and second, ran out of steam over land a week later.
Then I figure I'll look up solar activity for 1975 since I believe that was a minimum year and there was probably minimal solar activity during that time. The nasa archives show 1975 was a very low activity sun spot period typical of a minimum year until.... late July through August when the sun "got woke". Sun spots, flaring and CME activity picked up that last week of july, then just by coincidence typhoon nina formed then saw explosive growth until it made land fall.

Remember hurricane Katrina in 2005?
All the believers blamed it on man made global warming.
Look up the space weather the week of katrina. Same deal, late in the solar cycle with very low solar activity, the sun wakes up a little, fires off some flares and we're all reminded why living below sea level is a stupid idea.

So how much longer are the believers going to continue blaming all the big bad cyclones on man made global warming?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oil pan 4 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (02-01-2020), RustyLugNut (02-01-2020)
Old 02-01-2020, 12:10 PM   #8305 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,387 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
Anyway, even without global warming the world it's scr...w-up for kids. The environment can be f...up even without global warming. Polution, over population, water distribution, destruction of forests, polution of rivers and oceans, energy crisis, toxics pesticides use growing for produce food, superbaterias created due giant widespread antibiotics aplication for pigs and chickens creation. And the problems in moral & ethic aspects I aforementioned.

People don't want to change, they just wait some crazy brilliant scientist come with a magic bullet to save the day.
I always said I don't approuve human nature. Human nature have the seed of destructon and even self destruction. Warlord...
The world has never been better for people. We've got this idiotic idea that nature is the Garden of Eden for people, when the reality is that it tries mighty hard to kill everyone all the time. So, we modify the environment to better accommodate our needs. When nature would have us die at 28 years old due to bacterial infection, we take antibiotics and overcome it. When nature would produce tiny amounts of edible fruits and grains, we maximize the yield and develop transportation of goods so that we can eat year round.

Our mastery over nature brings its own problems, but overall we improve the environment for humanity. We will eventually create the seeds of our own destruction, but it isn't going to be slight adjustments to the outdoor thermostat that does us in.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
freebeard (02-01-2020), RustyLugNut (02-01-2020)
Old 02-01-2020, 12:42 PM   #8306 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
CFCs

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
The reason we used CFCs is because they were easy to produce.

https://www.refrigerationandaircon.c...still-uses-r11

"The EIA reveals shocking evidence that the use of CFC11 in the polyurethane foam sector in China is the cause of the recently discovered increases in CFC11 in the atmosphere"

Why are you a communist sympathizer?
I was unaware that CFCs were presently in production after the late 1980s.It was supposed to be a global ban and phase-out.The internet said nothing about recent manufacture.Carbon dioxide has been available as a blowing agent for polyurethane/polyisocyanurate foams for 30-years,and it's cheaper than FREON.

Old 02-01-2020, 12:48 PM   #8307 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Sympathizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
The name calling reminds me of someone else no longer with us.

Even if aerohead was a communist sympathizer, it's not worthwhile to simply slap a label on and move on.
It's okay.I probably am a communist sympathizer.The NVA regulars and Viet Cong, treated me with more respect than Oilpan4.Enlisting was probably a mistake,knowing now, the caliber of some I was defending.

The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (02-04-2020)
Old 02-01-2020, 01:17 PM   #8308 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Freeman Dyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck View Post
I posted this before but nobody commented on it.

Maybe it was to long for the attention span of those in this thread...

Anyway, there’s this guy.

Physicist Freeman Dyson.

Maybe you heard of him?

He’s some smuck from the Institute of Advanced Study in Princeton.

From his study on Co2 and his limited understanding of science and access to unfettered data from others in the field of climate research.

He thinks that...

Computer models do a good job of helping us understand climate but they do a very poor job of predicting it.

That cosmic energy does effect our clouds and therefore our climate.

That our climate is very complex and not controlled by any one thing.(Co2)

That greening of the world in general, is a good and positive thing.

And that the positives out weigh the negatives...

But all that is from some old man...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeman_Dyson

>

It's a free country.He's protected by the 1st Amendment,and is entitled to his opinion.There are at least a dozen climate models.Some produce statistical trends which closely match observed data.They have for decades now.Specificity is our friend.Cosmic particle bombardment has a very small effect on cloud condensation nuclei and marine layer clouds of the lower troposphere.Those advocating cosmic 'rays' as a 'driver' for climate change were debunked decades ago.They missed the atmospheric water vapor budget by 50%. A total 'fail,' No climate scientist would argue that the climate system is very complex.But it's not as complex as corporate funding for pseudo-scientific climate denial propaganda.Greening of the planet is a myth.There is no extant observed empirical evidence to support the thesis.There are at least a half-dozen global warming dynamics at work today in the biosphere,lowering crop yields,while also lowering the nutritional value of cereal grains,such as rice.The facts are, that the negatives far outweigh the pitifully few perceived benefits,of which are extremely contextual and conditional,temporally and spatially.If you want to allow an ignoramus to govern your understanding,attitude,and behavior,towards all things climate,you're free to do so.As an alien from another world,spectating on the sidelines of the debate,I suffer the curse of knowing more than some of the scientists,whom remain compartmentalized within a very small facet within the scientific community,unaware of other developments going on around them.Pity.

The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (02-04-2020)
Old 02-01-2020, 01:24 PM   #8309 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

solar cycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
I was looking up the Banqiao dam break in 1975 that killed 230,000 people.
Caused by super typhoon nina.
Then I figured why leave it at that, I looked up typhoon nina started forming July 28, exploded in size august 1st and second, ran out of steam over land a week later.
Then I figure I'll look up solar activity for 1975 since I believe that was a minimum year and there was probably minimal solar activity during that time. The nasa archives show 1975 was a very low activity sun spot period typical of a minimum year until.... late July through August when the sun "got woke". Sun spots, flaring and CME activity picked up that last week of july, then just by coincidence typhoon nina formed then saw explosive growth until it made land fall.

Remember hurricane Katrina in 2005?
All the believers blamed it on man made global warming.
Look up the space weather the week of katrina. Same deal, late in the solar cycle with very low solar activity, the sun wakes up a little, fires off some flares and we're all reminded why living below sea level is a stupid idea.

So how much longer are the believers going to continue blaming all the big bad cyclones on man made global warming?
Dream on,dreamer.

Old 02-01-2020, 02:01 PM   #8310 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,572 Times in 7,058 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc
I was a Star Trek fan... But today I'm not sure if I want this seed of evil to be spread around the galaxy.
Maybe evil is protected by Earth's magnetosphere?
Quote:
It's okay.I probably am a communist sympathizer.The NVA regulars and Viet Cong, treated me with more respect than Oilpan4.Enlisting was probably a mistake,knowing now, the caliber of some I was defending.
I recommend Heaven and Earth.
Heaven & Earth (1993) - IMDb
Heaven & Earth (1993 film) - Wikipedia
See if it doesn't inform your beliefs about the wisdom of that intervention.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (02-01-2020)
Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Tags
lies, opinion, reality, scam