Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2020, 03:16 PM   #691 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,623 Times in 7,102 Posts
Quote:
You are trying some comedy to lighten the mode?
You're on to me. But you picked a bad example.

Should the President pardon Joe Exotic?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-09-2020, 04:50 PM   #692 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,219 Times in 1,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Okay, Some people have wondered why you would mention this discredited hoax. Better?
How many people are you? Nobody else mentioned it.

I am just trying to kill some time while I download the driver for my TV so that I can write progress reports in peace in my office. Unfortunately, my laptop insists that my 4k Samsung television is "Generic" and the generic driver is all that it deserves. The monitor seems to be running in 4k, but this message box is scaled to occupy most of the screen.

Despite Mom's agenda, I bought the big monitor for progress reports. She saw me write progress reports. I showed her how I was using four different windows at once and there was still wasted space on the screen.

She said "Obviously you aren't doing this for progress reports, you are doing this for your game."

Some people may game when they have deadlines [game stressfully], but as I mentioned, despite nobody reminding me, today is my supervisor's birthday, and between that and the deadline, having somewhat adequately caught up with the other job, it is time to write progress reports.

I have also shown Mom my game in 4k and how it was completely unplayable full-screen. Over the past four months, whenever I played, the game was in a small window.

She would have seen that in the past four months, right?

Facts do not matter when they prefer to find faults.

Right now, I do not have any idea what to do. Either I need to bring my desktop out here and set up the stupid website all over or do what I can with mere full HD until I can display all of the data that I need to work effective at once.

I guess killing time isn't an option because you guys are talking crazy with your "Turnip loves America" comedy.

JSH, it often seems like you find every little reason to disagree with me, but I agree with your last post.

freebeard, I wish that I had a nickel for every time that you took what I wrote out of proportion in order to criticize me.

I would put those nickels in a sock...

Red Point, have you ever watched "Legend" with Richard Dean Anderson and John de Lancie?

Weird. I swear that Q passed away.

Keep up the good work John!

Old 04-09-2020, 05:08 PM   #693 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,397 Times in 3,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I guess killing time isn't an option because you guys are talking crazy with your "Turnip loves America" comedy.

JSH, it often seems like you find every little reason to disagree with me, but I agree with your last post.
That's because you're letting what you feel about Trump get in the way of what is evident from Trump.

Quote:
Red Point, have you ever watched "Legend" with Richard Dean Anderson and John de Lancie?
No, but I did watch I am Legend. Similar?

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Old 04-09-2020, 05:18 PM   #694 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
freebeard, I wish that I had a nickel for every time that you took what I wrote out of proportion in order to criticize me.

I would put those nickels in a sock...
Is that a threat? I might question your conclusion [not blow it out of proportion] but I don't wish you harm.

I admire your work ethic, but I'm not going to go find example where I've supported you.* Don't care whether you move to Phoenix or Noom. Or don't.
Quote:
Maybe redpoint5 can explain what you are on about here.

edit: Okay he doesn't know either, maybe you are thinking of John Prine?

2nd edit: *This one bit my ankle: https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthre...tml#post621232. Not to mention fully supporting you building a flying shed and landing it in your back yard.

Last edited by freebeard; 04-09-2020 at 05:31 PM..

Old 04-09-2020, 05:51 PM   #695 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,397 Times in 3,370 Posts
Quote:
Maybe redpoint5 can explain what you are on about here.

edit: Okay he doesn't know either, maybe you are thinking of John Prine?
The Xist switch-tracking occurs more abruptly than I'm able to keep up with. I thought Q was shorthand for "question" or something...

I had to look up those actors as I'm not familiar with them by name. I only knew MacGyver, as MacGyver.

John de Lancie as Q from Star Trek, ah ha. I like the character, but never knew his name.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Old 04-09-2020, 06:19 PM   #696 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,076 Times in 1,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
The Xist switch-tracking occurs more abruptly than I'm able to keep up with. I thought Q was shorthand for "question" or something...

I had to look up those actors as I'm not familiar with them by name. I only knew MacGyver, as MacGyver.

John de Lancie as Q from Star Trek, ah ha. I like the character, but never knew his name.
Searching "Who is Q?" returns: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QAnon

The short summary: The source of a lot of right-wing conspiracy theories including "Pizzagate" which lead a man to shoot up a DC pizza restaurant to rescue the child sex slaves that Hillary Clinton kept there.

Old 04-09-2020, 06:22 PM   #697 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

As QAnon would say: [How is this relevant?]*

I went to the Post Office. They were just hanging a vinyl sneeze guard across the stations. So that was good but then I was faced with licking the envelopes.

The lady behind the counter said "NEVER LICK ENVELOPES!" I said "DNA testing?" and she said "No, worse".

*I see that this was addressed. A different summary:

At some point the spooks figured out that open source intelligence 'trumps' closed source. So now they pass messages in the clear because it's more effective.

However, mixed in with the operational code drops there is a lot of chatter (2017-10-27 Hillary is going to jail!) that is misdirection intended to provoke a response from the other side, wasting their 'ammunition' and exposing themselves. Making it an enigma wrapped in a mystery wrapped in an Onion router. With a lot of ensuing uproar among CEOs and high society.

The troubling part is that on specific dates 8kun post two years earlier are weirdly pertinent. It might be confirmation bias ....at first.

Last edited by freebeard; 04-09-2020 at 06:36 PM..

Old 04-09-2020, 06:26 PM   #698 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,076 Times in 1,404 Posts
Question:
Quote:
As QAnon would say: [How is this relevant?]
Answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5

Old 04-09-2020, 08:11 PM   #699 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
I actually thought it was a James Bond reference. I guess I don't wear enough tinfoil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

Old 04-09-2020, 10:23 PM   #700 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

How Q-ain't.

Another mind under the control of Hollyweird. Here's this:

www.americanthinker.com: What we, the people, learned thanks to the coronavirus By Gary Gindler

edit: The line about the Hawaiian judge is a template joke.
Quote:
We learned that most Americans are under the solid (and faulty) belief that it's the federal government's job to fight epidemics, not the governors in each state.

We learned that due to travel restrictions, CNN lost most of its viewership because practically nobody passes through airports these days.

We learned most of the government's decisions in all countries are made based on mathematical and computer models, not the actual data. Global warming was just a model. Hurricanes' trajectories are only models. Published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, unemployment numbers are not real numbers; they are numbers generated by a model. Models also produced the future number of infected by the coronavirus and the number of deaths (both incorrect).

We learned that the "social distancing" recommendation of six feet is based on, again, on a model from the 1930s, not actual research.

The Babylon Bee.com: Bernie Tests Negative For President

Last edited by freebeard; 04-09-2020 at 10:38 PM..

Closed Thread  Post New Thread