Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2018, 05:48 PM   #1031 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,585 Times in 7,069 Posts
Quote:
Authoritarian makes sense at the top axis since it's "doing something" that makes for an authoritarian environment, whereas libertarian is the outcome of doing nothing except for "live and let live".
Authoritarians preclude freedom of action, and libertarianism has a self-defense clause.

Quote:
What's the name of the wave which forbidden man to pee stand in Sweden?
The current one, Antifa and their ilk. And I'd add these to the list:
Styxhexenhammer666
Lionel Nation

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-27-2018, 06:11 PM   #1032 (permalink)
Banned

You will only true know people when you give them power. Giver power to someone and you will find out what is such person capable. Power tends unmask everyone.
It's like the cameraman in Megamind :

And science showed that leadership increases testosterone. Women now have much more leadership than in past, and it's ok society get more equal in leadership among genders. But it's probable that leadershipo also increased testosteron leven in a lot of women, making them more agressive, in a feminine culture not yet used with the effects of this hormone.
Just a theory. At least I hope a world with more women in power became less prone to wars. If they take the world as women and not as a man. Not sure what will be the future.

Old 02-27-2018, 06:16 PM   #1033 (permalink)
Banned

Look this, very low price for flexible solar cell :

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...460c7704l7GaiY

50000 piece order... But once I found one for 0,7 dollar a piece for a 150 piece buy.

Unless it have some trick...
I see such cells in flexible solar sheets. But in some home made flexible solar sheets using these cells, I see no metalic plate/sheet to absorb heat or take away heat. Overheat tend to reduce efficiency, am I right ?

Last edited by All Darc; 02-27-2018 at 06:25 PM..

Old 02-28-2018, 12:56 AM   #1034 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post

I see such cells in flexible solar sheets. But in some home made flexible solar sheets using these cells, I see no metalic plate/sheet to absorb heat or take away heat. Overheat tend to reduce efficiency, am I right ?
Correct. Generally the colder the panel, the more efficient it generates electricity.

The best environment would be atop a high desert mountain near the equator.

I've always wondered how solar panels are cooled in space considering there is no air to transfer the heat. The only way it can reject heat is to radiate it or to conduct it to something else that then radiates away the heat.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Old 02-28-2018, 02:30 AM   #1035 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,802 Posts
New Mexico works pretty well.

The back side of the panel radiates heat away on space and on earth.

Old 02-28-2018, 06:22 AM   #1036 (permalink)
Banned

I think they prefer lhamas over solar car in a top of a mountain.

But I'm curious to know if flexible solar panels, like Sunpower, have quite worse heat dissipation then heavy solid solar panels.

Supose we would add SUnpower flexible solar cells to a DIY electric car, how would we deal to try get a good heat dissipation for the cells ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Correct. Generally the colder the panel, the more efficient it generates electricity.

The best environment would be atop a high desert mountain near the equator.

I've always wondered how solar panels are cooled in space considering there is no air to transfer the heat. The only way it can reject heat is to radiate it or to conduct it to something else that then radiates away the heat.

Old 02-28-2018, 01:37 PM   #1037 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5
I've always wondered how solar panels are cooled in space considering there is no air to transfer the heat.
Half of them are radiators, held perpendicular to the solar panels' orientation.

On a car you could have air channels on the backside and suck the heated air into a warm air intake. If one is needed.

Old 02-28-2018, 02:00 PM   #1038 (permalink)
Banned

On vacuum the loss of heat it's very slow. But the gain of heat, from sun, it's quite fast.

Some space ships, satelites, can have a very hot side, the side faced to sun, and a very cold extremelly freezing side, the one oposite to sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Half of them are radiators, held perpendicular to the solar panels' orientation.

On a car you could have air channels on the backside and suck the heated air into a warm air intake. If one is needed.

Last edited by All Darc; 02-28-2018 at 02:07 PM..

Old 02-28-2018, 03:12 PM   #1039 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
On vacuum the loss of heat it's very slow. But the gain of heat, from sun, it's quite fast.
Radiant heat works the same both ways, but convection requires a transport medium.

A flat plate only needs to rotate 90°.

Old 02-28-2018, 03:33 PM   #1040 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Mom says the local coal power plant will shut down because of President Obama's regulations. I keep telling her it is wrong to lie to children.

From what I have read, it is closing because it is not profitable. The power plant near Page is also ceasing operation for the same reason next year. Roughly 725 people work at the generating station and nearby mine, which is probably significant with a population of 7,600. There is talk of building renewable energy sources. There certainly is an abundance of empty land and a great deal of sunlight. It does not get too hot above 5,000 feet, but it seems like a longshot.

I read about Men's Rights last year. While feminists demand all kinds of things, from what I saw, Men's Rights activists wanted to talk about why men have a far higher suicide rate than women, why women are likely to receive custody even if there is proof they are bad parents, etc. A handful of people gather for a quiet discussion. Far more protesters shout and wave signs. Then they pull the fire alarm.

If they put that energy into a treadmill they would be a cleaner energy source than coal, but no.

I think that there are cases where if you want something to go away, legislate it out of existence, and if you want to encourage something, subsidize it, but it seems like there is too much of both nowadays.

People love taking advantage of "free" money.

I have one perspective. I certainly have been mistaken about things. I always see people with ideas that seem obviously wrong--while I do not have difficulty finding people who tell me I am in error. Most people are wrong about something. Few issues are clear-cut. I also believe there are too many single-issue voters.

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Tags
lies, opinion, reality, scam