Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2019, 07:28 PM   #7671 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Honda CBR250R FI Single - '11 Honda CBR250R
90 day: 105.14 mpg (US)

2001 Honda Insight stick - '01 Honda Insight manual
90 day: 60.68 mpg (US)

2009 Honda Fit auto - '09 Honda Fit Auto
90 day: 38.51 mpg (US)

PCX153 - '13 Honda PCX150
90 day: 104.48 mpg (US)

2015 Yamaha R3 - '15 Yamaha R3
90 day: 80.94 mpg (US)

Ninja650 - '19 Kawasaki Ninja 650
90 day: 72.57 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,315 Times in 968 Posts
Bridge fuel for the 30 year life of the plant and dispatchable load balancing to supplement future high percentages of wind and solar with the new Mitsubishi JAC gas turbine.
“Enhanced Air Cooling takes our JAC to the next level, and establishes the JAC’s position as the new industry standard. In 1x1 combined cycle configuration, a 60 Hz JAC power plant will now have a generating capacity of over 600 megawatts, providing over 64% fuel efficiency and 99.5% reliability. According to a market survey report, the JAC now holds the top global market share for gas turbine orders in 2018(Note).
https://www.mhps.com/news/20180625.h...544.1572044648

The Following User Says Thank You to sendler For This Useful Post:
aerohead (10-26-2019)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 10-25-2019, 07:42 PM   #7672 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,546 Times in 7,035 Posts
Quote:
Enhanced Air Cooling takes our JAC to the next level...
Air-cooled rules.

Water-cooled drools.

I love the smell of irony in the morning -- Elon Musk

Old 10-25-2019, 10:59 PM   #7673 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,372 Times in 3,347 Posts
(almost) Everything is air cooled. The thing that cools the water is air.

BTW- Isn't it funny that we call that part a radiator when it primarily moves heat via conduction and convection? It barely radiates heat, and mostly convects it. We should call it a convectorator.

Anyhow, cool engine... and holy smokes, 800,000 horsepower. The space shuttle is something like 44 million. I once estimated that 6 space shuttles running continuously would produce the electrical demand of the US. The Saturn V is 160 million horsepower.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 10-25-2019 at 11:09 PM..

Old 10-25-2019, 11:13 PM   #7674 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
...litesong, don't go there your head will asplode... This translates out of litesong-speak as something of a compliment. "redneck knows science as truth."
Yer post is similar to the glaciers holding back rain & snowfall waters in the Rocky Mountains in ancient Lake Missoula. Many times collapsed "Montanian" glaciers releasing waters thousands of feet high, power-trenched canyons from areas now known as Idaho & into the scablands of Washington state & Oregon. The flood waters, surged to the west, met the Columbia River river bed, sweeping over it, as if it were a piddle. However, some of the thunder-waters, met the Cascadian uplift, probably even pounding into waters of the now known, thousand foot elevated Lake Chelan & reverse flowed 40(?) miles into the canyons of the Cascade Mountains. Much of the Missoula flood pounded south down the Columbia River bed. However, the waters were strictly limited thru high ridges to the east & even higher Cascadian ridges to the west. Yes, of course, these ridges east & west are deeply scoured by the Missoula Floods. Most of the Missoula Flood deep water had to split & poured south, way east of the Columbia flow, deep trenching 1000 foot canyons, thru the coulees & scablands of mid-Washington state. Continuing south, the split raging water flows covered most of central & eastern Washington, even reverse flowing & snaking up the Snake River into Idaho again. However, gravity had its way, & both the wide Missoula flows pounded together again, in the Columbian River bed from east of now known Wenatchee all the way to now known Walla Walla. Waywardly tracking the Colombian River Bed, The Missoula Floods turned west & forced their way into the Columbian Gorge. The Missoula Flood waters must have been high here also. But unlike the dry scoured ridges east & south of Lake Chelan, the Columbian River Gorge cliffs & ridges have been watered & are now deep in forests. Past the CRG, the Floods continued west & into the Pacific Ocean.
Just two days ago, I was driving over much of that northern region.
Yes, it's funny that AGW deniers understand a little science & incorporate it, into their AGW denier "sigh-ants".

Last edited by litesong; 10-26-2019 at 01:25 PM..

Old 10-25-2019, 11:57 PM   #7675 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

You did really well up until the last line. But I can decode it, s'all good*.

Fire and Ice. The original surface of Eastern Washington is buried two miles down. Have you seen

I too stand in awe of the floodwaters. There is a boulder at Yachats that was deposited there, but I find this reference to the area I grew up in: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Errati...e_Natural_Site
Quote:
Erratic Rock State Natural Site is a state park in the Willamette Valley of Oregon, United States. Featuring a 40-short-ton (36 t) glacial erratic from the Missoula Floods, the small park sits atop a foothill of the Northern Oregon Coast Range in Yamhill County between Sheridan and McMinnville off Oregon Route 18.
There was talk in some thread about concrete roadways. [The] 18 was an early experiment, known locally as 'the Slab'.

But it's nothing compared with the Siberian Traps.

*dog whistle or speech impediment?

Old 10-26-2019, 11:56 AM   #7676 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
I can decode it...
The original surface of Eastern Washington is buried two miles down. Have you seen.....But it's nothing compared with the.....Siberian Traps
AGW deniers always think themselves better than scientists. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Eastern WA is deep in volcanics.
Nick is good.
Yes, its hard to compete with hundreds of thousands of Siberian volcanoes.
Meanwhile, AGW melts large ices, north, south, & in the middle, all in this period of Earth's history of..... quiet.

The Following User Says Thank You to litesong For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (10-30-2019)
Old 10-26-2019, 12:07 PM   #7677 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
AGW deniers always think themselves better than scientists.
So.... Who thinks themselves better than the 'AGW deniers'?

Old 10-26-2019, 12:18 PM   #7678 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,199 Times in 4,637 Posts
reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
Interesting you should say that. You make it sound like what the ipcc says and their data is written in stone.
But had you bothered to read any 2 reports you would know the data and predictions are always changing.
You've read two IPCC reports now?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
Natalya (10-26-2019), NeilBlanchard (10-30-2019)
Old 10-26-2019, 12:27 PM   #7679 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

would never say

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
Link isn't working.
Last year I sad something about snow being on the ground in 36 states about this time last year and you said it was an isolated incident and called it weather.
I say the same applies to your "data point".
What goes around comes around.

Also the ipcc would never say in a report something to the effect of "look at this one town, it's clear proof the world is ending". Why?
Because that's not science, it's hyperbole.
If it's a weather record,black swan event,it could certainly garner the attention of the NOAA,World Meteorological Society,etc., regular contributors to the IPCC.
Non-linear,extreme events are the greatest concern to the climate science community.They're always looking at the 'radar screen' for these types of events.Policy recommendations are predicated upon them.'Adaptive' measures require the greatest lead times possible.

Old 10-26-2019, 12:36 PM   #7680 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

low voltage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I'm not totally against regulation or updating existing regulation. I brought up the idea that 120v AC running LED bulbs with built in ballasts is inefficient. Maybe some new standard could be developed where the converter is installed in a centralized location with a single 120v circuit feeding it, with the LED bulbs being driven by low voltage DC in a newly designed socket more appropriate to LEDs.
Low voltage would require a larger conductor and waste of copper,so as not to suffer voltage drop over distance.The current solid-state power supply which drops and rectifies the AC,to low-voltage DC is probably already optimized.

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Tags
lies, opinion, reality, scam