Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2022, 12:48 PM   #771 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,238 Times in 4,664 Posts
wired 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
Now that's incoherent. He really loses it when caught in a lie.
Here is an article using small words not written or referenced by Ben Davison explaining the dangers and chances of another solar super storm.
https://www.wired.com/2012/02/massive-solar-flare/
1) They show a flare.
2) Like I said, flares fall back into the Sun.
3) WIRE mentions 'mass' as in 'Coronal Mass Ejection', but because they're a 'journalist' and not a 'scientist' they don't even realize they've performed a nomenclature malfunction when they did it.
4) oil pan4 didn't pick up on it either, implying that he doesn't comprehend it as well, which gives me no confidence that he understands the subject matter. Which appears to be a long-honored tradition with him.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5) The time window ( shelf-life ) for the event has come and gone, and correct me if I'm wrong, but nothing ever happened to Earth.
6) I was supposed to run around with my hair on fire, expecting to be incinerated by a CME, which never appeared.
7) Not a penny was lost.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8) If a portion of a flare detaches, creating a CME, we have a highly- electrically-conductive plasma of electrons and atomic nuclei released into the steller magnetic field, which is itself variable in intensity, and variable in orientation, due to Coriolis effect and Parker Spirals, along with a 25-day period for solar rotation.
9) Oilpan 4 needs to share the science which demonstrates 'anyone's' ability to predict if the earth would intercept the path of a randomly-rotating-and-spiraling CME, otherwise, it smells of intellectual dishonesty on his part. Or just ignorance. No way to know.

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-07-2022, 01:17 PM   #772 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Both

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
Both are only about power and control. Neither offers a solution to the problem unless the solution is spending more money, expansion of government, restrictions on rights.
Both have surprising commonality. You aren't allowed to question the narrative in either case, it's considered settled science by its followers and sycophants, both are followed blindly like a religion.
Reflecting on this comment a while longer caused me to consider that Big Govt has a responsibility to provide an environment in which 'We The People' are safe and secure in which to practice the pursuit of happiness.
What might appear to some as consolidation of power on the part of government, could simply be explained by a group of people with an extraordinary intelligence network, experts, with highly specialized knowledge, and operatives already funded to perform public service, performing public service according to their mandate.
And, as, no individual's rights may trespass on those of another, there needs to be a grownup around, who can discern the trespass, and step in to protect the innocent.
The 'right' of an American to vector a deadly virus to a neighbor is not recognized by the US Constitution or Bill of Rights.
No American has the Constitutional 'right' to use the atmosphere for a sewer. Or cook a planet.
Some Americans are functionally literate.
Some Americans are functionally numerate.
These are the folks who protect the powerless from the trespass of the more powerful.
I just personally experienced a taste of the Green New Deal'. It's the most profitable investment a capitalist nation could possibly make.
It kills a number of birds with the same stone.
In all metrics, it constitutes money for nothing.
Anyone of Libertarian stripe must admit that, the GND satisfies all conditions for John Galt's, Galt's Gulch, and it's immunity from energy supply or price volatility, and total reliance on renewable energy from atmospheric sources.
Check your premises!
Old 04-07-2022, 01:26 PM   #773 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

double-heated plastic and released post-sequestered carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
phys.org via Slashdot:

science.slashdot.org/story: Lab Turns Hard-To-Process Plastic Waste Into Carbon-Capture Master (phys.org)

Four- to eight-fold decrease in cost of flu recovery.
1) What is the heat source, and it's well-to- plastic carbon footprint for the double-heating?
2) Where does the carbon go, when it's released in the second heating?
3) We're trying to electrify transportation, housing, commerce, and industrial processes, while simultaneously heating plastic?
Old 04-07-2022, 01:38 PM   #774 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,636 Times in 7,114 Posts
Quote:
5) The time window ( shelf-life ) for the event has come and gone, and correct me if I'm wrong, but nothing ever happened to Earth.
6) I was supposed to run around with my hair on fire, expecting to be incinerated by a CME, which never appeared.
Those who 0bserve the space weather on a daily basis tamped down expectations right along. In the event the Kp index touched 4 briefly.

Quote:
And, as, no individual's rights may trespass on those of another, there needs to be a grownup around, who can discern the trespass, and step in to protect the innocent.
Those would be the weaponized autists on 4chan. Certainly not those drawn to the nexus of power.

Our Constitutional Rights exist in an environment peopled by those who would not respect them. Eternal vigilance.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (04-07-2022)
Old 04-07-2022, 01:47 PM   #775 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
1)
Don't know. It's a process, presumably process heat.

Quote:
2)
I think of it as a carbon battery that allow transporting the carbon from a source to a need.

Quote:
3)
The opportunity cost of all the electrification is in not transitioning to 'metaphysically engendered'* nanoscale metamaterials. "There's plenty of room at the bottom" Richard P. Feynman

*Bucky Fuller term

Old 04-07-2022, 03:22 PM   #776 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

those.........weaponized autists...............vigilance

Quote:
Those who 0bserve the space weather on a daily basis tamped down expectations right along. In the event the Kp index touched 4 briefly.

Those would be the weaponized autists on 4chan. Certainly not those drawn to the nexus of power.

Our Constitutional Rights exist in an environment peopled by those who would not respect them. Eternal vigilance.
1) I take it, Oilpan4 is not a daily observer, as he appeared to overreact to the messaging.
2) 'weaponized autists' is too obtuse for this tired mind. Care to expand?
3) That would be the climate scientists, whom are witnessing changes that are at least an order of magnitude greater than those of the great 'abrupt' climate changes of the past.
' To know and not tell makes cowards of men.' Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-07-2022, 03:36 PM   #777 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

1 2 3

Quote:
Don't know. It's a process, presumably process heat.

I think of it as a carbon battery that allow transporting the carbon from a source to a need.

The opportunity cost of all the electrification is in not transitioning to 'metaphysically engendered'* nanoscale metamaterials. "There's plenty of room at the bottom" Richard P. Feynman

*Bucky Fuller term
1) Climate science is mathematics.
Any climate change mitigation will involve mathematics.
If they can't quantify the total energy budget for their scheme, it's a non-starter.( No refection on you for reporting it, just a fail on their part to be transparent )
2) It's going to require energy to move the carbon from its stored location in the plastic matrix, to its final resting place. Without the numbers, there's no way to think about it.
3) Energy savings economic comparisons to the 'conventional' $738-trillion it's going to cost to sequester the carbon already in the atmosphere will have to be added to the 'savings' from processing additional exhaust gases in situ.
Old 04-07-2022, 03:44 PM   #778 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

'Freedom of speech, freedom of conscience; and the wisdom to exercise neither.' Garrison Keilor.

oil pan 4 was on topic.

Autists:
knowyourmeme.com/videos/164418-he-will-not-divide-us

Weaponized:
Quote:
4953 posts
https://qposts.online › ?q=&s=keyword
Welcome to the Great Awakening. In the fall of 2017, posts began appearing on anonymous online forums which have since become "the biggest 'inside' 'approved' [information] dump in American history," giving we, the people unprecedented insight into a far-reaching shadow war between patriots (within and outside of the government and military) and an evil international cabal intent on ...
Future proves the past.

Last edited by freebeard; 04-07-2022 at 03:51 PM..
Old 04-07-2022, 04:06 PM   #779 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
'Freedom of speech, freedom of conscience; and the wisdom to exercise neither.' Garrison Keilor.

oil pan 4 was on topic.

Autists:
knowyourmeme.com/videos/164418-he-will-not-divide-us

Weaponized:

Future proves the past.

Anything available in simple English?
I don't speak satellite, cable, or optical fiber, only broadcast TV.
Old 04-07-2022, 04:33 PM   #780 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Everything I have available comes over a twisted pair copper wire.

Quote:
Anything available in simple English?
Interestingly, the part you edited out of post #7448 is that which you seek. Plain truth, but you must understand that it is a mix of breadcrumbs to bake, Op Int jargon and intentional misdirect that requires a close reading.

The preferred high-data-rate delivery mechanism is a combination of picture and text. Example:

knowyourmeme.com/page/3

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (04-07-2022)
Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
climate change, cringe, lies, scam