Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2012, 07:25 AM   #211 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Mistress - '88 Bmw 320i Touring SE
Team m8
Last 3: 27.17 mpg (US)

Germany Beadle - '91 Mercedes 300td (estate, N/A)
90 day: 24.63 mpg (US)

The Bloodylingo - '05 Citroen Berlingo Multispace Desire
90 day: 39.77 mpg (US)

Shanner Scaab - '03 Saab 9-5 estate Vector
90 day: 26.19 mpg (US)

Clio 182 - '05 Renault Clio RS 182 182
90 day: 31.73 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
First service for George yesterday and it seems Mr Toyota is wanting me to like him a lot - fixed price - wow - and they will repaint his bumper where the paint is coming off and they will also replace his headlamps as they have condensation in them - I didn't report the last item

Oh and they will let me have a car for the two days they need him for only the cost of the insurance which is £12 a day, but they will only charge me 1 day - + petrol (it will be another Aygo....) - wow

so you need to insure the "courtesy car" that they supply you due to the product THEY sell being faulty (lights especially!) I'd tell them to take a running jump.

that is cr@p customer service.

US MPG for my Renault Clio 182

---------------------------------------------------
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-16-2012, 07:44 AM   #212 (permalink)
The PRC.

Maybe - the insurance is optional of course (my policy covers any car 3rd party but I prefer fully comp) and I may get something nicer to play with for a day or 2

Downside is that its not worth me putting the grill blocks back on until its all completed, I can definitely feel some drag...

EDIT - The lights issue is interesting. The handbook states that this is not a problem - i.e. they are all like that - which I read as meaning they wouldn't entertain someone moaning about it on warranty. They spotted it and offered to replace them. Wonder if there has been an edict from somewhere ?
Old 02-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #213 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Mr. A- the dealer isn't the factory. They're getting paid to fix your lights and they don't care much who pays them as long as the money is coming into the store. On the whole, they'd rather things get paid for under warranty because it makes them look like heroes to the customer.

Everything I've seen about moisture in headlights is that they need to get replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

Old 02-17-2012, 10:11 AM   #214 (permalink)
The PRC.

Hi FC - True, and Toyota got stung recently with a newspaper article recently on their behaviour to warranty work.

Toyota denies Sunday Times warranty accusations | Auto Retail Network

Mrs A took her Prius a couple of days later and got a different experience - apparently they can't hear all the rattles from the interior that deafen us whenever we travel in it...
Old 02-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #215 (permalink)
Aero Wannabe

TDi - '04 VW Golf
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 53.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
OK - I have a diagram on how to wire it using a 5 point relay - is this correct ?

The idea will be they go on with the ignition and off with the sidelights - I've checked and the sidelights (position lights) stay on with the dipped and main beam. There is an ACC (accessory) wire in the underbonnet fusebox - Haynes manuals - thank you...

EDIT - ignore the connection between pin 30 and 87a - I copied this from a diagram...
Hello Mr. A, I have read over your into of George. I am sorry to see Helga leave but I applaud your latest experiment. Although, I am guessing you will miss the turbo-diesel kick in the pants sometimes.

I did an LED DRL mod to my Golf right after I got it. I disabled the factory LEDs that use the headlight bulbs and added LED "clearance lights" used for the cab of big trucks in the U.S. You can see them at the top of the grill in my avatar. If I may make a suggestion, I think you are getting way too involved in the wiring of your LEDs. I simply used a "fuse tap" to pull power from a fuse that comes on with the ignition switch. I ran one wire through the firewall to a harness I made behind the front grill. I powered both lights with a Y splice and added ground leads to an existing screw on the car sheetmetal. Easy. These lights draw very little power (that's the whole idea) so relays are unnecessary. Recently, I did go back and add some dielectric grease to the connections I made behind the grill. Over the years some corrosion had developed and I was not getting a good connection. Other than that they have worked flawlessly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
The power needed to push an object through a fluid increases as the cube of the velocity. Mechanical friction increases as the square, so increasing speed requires progressively more power.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #216 (permalink)
Aero Wannabe

TDi - '04 VW Golf
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 53.2 mpg (US)
P.S. Yes, mine are always on even when the headlights are on but they draw so little current that I don't feel it is a problem. My wife's new Audi A3 has LED DRLs and they stay on with the headlights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
The power needed to push an object through a fluid increases as the cube of the velocity. Mechanical friction increases as the square, so increasing speed requires progressively more power.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #217 (permalink)
The PRC.

@CO

Rules here say that they should dim or go off with sidelights which is why I want to wire them as I do, and I would prefer no issues with the MOT or Police - mind you the last police car I saw the other day I had to flash because it was driving at night with no lights on

Yeah I miss Helga sometimes when some moron is occupying the passing lane and not passing anyone... and relax. But her huge torque and big engine was just too much for driving round town like I do.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #218 (permalink)
The PRC.

Finis.

This is going to be my last posting on EM I'm afraid. I'll still maybe check out the technique and mods every now and again and I may keep my fuel log up to date but I'm done here I think.

Its a thought which has been coming for a while - I've got better things to spend my time on than the debate threads that get started here. I've started to look at other places to "hang out" which seem more, well, "fun".

So long, and thanks for all the fish and I wish all well, including those I don't agree with

A.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:46 PM   #219 (permalink)
NightKnight

RippinRoo - '05 Subaru Legacy Wagon 2.5 GT
Subaru
90 day: 21.16 mpg (US)

Helga - '00 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
Diesel
90 day: 53.91 mpg (US)

Olga - '03 Volkswagen Jetta Wagon
90 day: 46.24 mpg (US)
Unfortunate to see you go... enjoyed your banter.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #220 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Q Sold - '02 Infiniti Q45 Sport
90 day: 23.08 mpg (US)

blackie - '14 nissan altima sv
gonna miss that english sense of humor.

ECO MODS PERFORMED:
First: ScangaugeII
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...eii-23306.html

Second: Grille Block
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...e-10912-2.html

Third: Full underbelly pan
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...q45-11402.html

Fourth: rear skirts and 30.4mpg on trip!
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...tml#post247938
Reply  Post New Thread