Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2015, 01:02 PM   #191 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Changing Recycle Solvent Controls

Controls valves for my recycle solvent have been in the drivers cabin and to be honest scare the crap out of me. I just don't like the idea of a fuel line with solvent valve right beside me.

So now I'm building a remote way to manually control the solvent and air valve. My new idea is to run a manual shifter right next to my auto shifter?
The valves will be in the engine compartment where they should be.

Here's a pic of my setup now. The computer will now be sitting up right in front of the stock shifter location (more like a newer car touch screen).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pgfpro For This Useful Post:
Cd (05-04-2015), UltArc (03-24-2015)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-24-2015, 05:18 AM   #192 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Black Bovine - '86 Toyota Supra N/A base
90 day: 16.86 mpg (US)

Grey Sandy - '03 Toyota Rav4 Sport Package
90 day: 21.3 mpg (US)

Panda - '03 Volkswagen Jetta TDI wagon GLS
90 day: 44.17 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgfpro View Post
Had a couple people asking me about what a paint solvent recycler is?

Here's the one I use to run any paint solvent that's not looking good.

It's basically a still that heats discarded paint and wash thinner that collects the solvent vapor then condenses it to back to a solvent.

My new goal is to get below $0.03 a mile, in my Honda VX.
awesome thanks for sharing, that's pretty neat. Is the toluene used to increase MPG in your system?

I believe in efficiency with enjoyment. Trying to get economy without sacrificing comfort. It's working!
The Following User Says Thank You to figit090 For This Useful Post:
pgfpro (03-24-2015)
Old 03-24-2015, 10:33 AM   #193 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

Team Turbocharged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figit090 View Post
awesome thanks for sharing, that's pretty neat. Is the toluene used to increase MPG in your system?
Yes the Toluene is use as a fuel source to improve my fuel mileage.
Here's a MSDS sheet on PPG Omni MS 251 clean up thinner.
http://secure.terrys.net/%5CMSDS%5COMNI%5CMS251.PDF
The PPG Omni MS 251 is the clean up thinner that I sell to all my customers shop's that is used in their gun cleaning machines and part of the final wash in the gun cleaning process. After a month or so they dump out the solvent into a 5 gallon and then run it through their recycler along with paint that's discarded from a job left overs. The paint recyclers also separates the solvent that is in the clear,color, and primer etc.

So there are a few different solvent's in the waste paint solvent that I'm using.
The main ones are Toluene at around 69% then Methyl Alcohol 29% and the rest are Naphtha etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to pgfpro For This Useful Post:
Ardent (03-24-2015)
Old 03-29-2015, 07:19 PM   #194 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

Team Turbocharged!

Low to High Pressure turbo charge pipe done and tested.

Finished my Low Pressure Turbo to High Pressure Turbo Charge Pipe today. This is the 3rd one I built and I'm happy with this one for now.

I decided to run my oil feed line and oil return line down the same path with the charge pipe. This keeps everything much cleaner and away from the exhaust pipe and drive-shaft.

I did some pressure testing also, from 10 psi to 30 psi to make sure it didn't leak or blow. Had my ear protection on also just in case.

Also the ladder is not part of the charge pipe. Its just a great place to put the charge pipe while I work on some other things.lol

Old 04-17-2015, 08:45 PM   #195 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

Team Turbocharged!

Kinda of a update?

I just scored three 55 gallons drums of old enamel reducer. For every ten gallons of gasoline I'm using three gallons of waste solvent. So this should be good for 55 full fill ups!!!

ME_Andy (04-17-2015)
Old 05-03-2015, 11:43 PM   #196 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

Team Turbocharged!

Update:

After I painted the car I forgot to fix the gap on the driver side head light door. The gap is large enough to throw a small size animal through it.lol

So work on it today and got it pretty good for this beater.

The first pic is where my ride height is set at now 3 1/2". The tires are clearing and everything looks good so far? I'm going to have to be very careful though and always be thinking about the low clearance when driving on some of our roads here. The other concern is the Tilton electric pump is mounted up front so I will have to watch out for parking stops and curbs when pulling forward. But I guess this is the game we play.lol

I'm going to replace the front bumper later this winter with a new one. I didn't sand out all the rock chips as good as I should and it really bugs me.

My new version high to low pressure charge pipe is all mounted and tuck up and now sits higher then the exhaust system so I'm very happy with the results.

Now my biggest concern is the way this thing looks. It draws a ton of attention and we just had a bunch of young punks racing in our new local parking garage so now all the cops are profiling import cars again. Maybe my Ecomodder decals and the fact I'm a old guy driving this thing they will not pull me over?

California98Civic (05-03-2015)
Old 05-04-2015, 12:03 AM   #197 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
I think you'll get pulled over, maybe. But this is a good update... I hardly think this car looks like a "beater" as you say! Hahaha... you should see the finish on my old Civic. What is a "high to low pressure charge pipe "? And on your vehicle page... are you really looking for a steam power generator? This is one of those unique builds on this site. Amazing car.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to California98Civic For This Useful Post:
pgfpro (05-04-2015)
Old 05-04-2015, 12:15 AM   #198 (permalink)
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Man, this car. Anyone who has not done so needs to go back a few pages in thread and start reading again. Waste solvent in a stand alone system for FE! There's some wild recycling.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to California98Civic For This Useful Post:
Cd (05-04-2015), pgfpro (05-04-2015)
Old 05-04-2015, 12:32 AM   #199 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

Team Turbocharged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
I think you'll get pulled over, maybe. But this is a good update... I hardly think this car looks like a "beater" as you say! Hahaha... you should see the finish on my old Civic. What is a "high to low pressure charge pipe "? And on your vehicle page... are you really looking for a steam power generator? This is one of those unique builds on this site. Amazing car.
Thanks!!! Body and Paint is one of those things that came very natural to me.

I'm very happy with the way it turned out. But it could have been a whole lot better. The car had a very rough life early on when it was new. The drivers side quarter was hit pretty good and the floor in the trunk area still shows sign of it being on a frame machine with a few light wrinkles. But if it was a nice car to begin with I probably wouldn't have cut the holes in the back and made it a mid-mount turbo compound system. lol

The high to low pressure charge pipe is a pipe that connects the big turbo's or "low pressure mid mount turbo's" outlet to the high pressures inlet.
So the big turbo is feeding the small turbo. This makes the engine with the small turbo think its way below sea level. It also makes the big turbo think its feeding a engine that's twice the size or bigger depending on the boost level.

One thing I have with my car is a ton of heat. So I started pondering what if I could make a small steam generator close loop system and generate a small amount of electricity to help with the charging system. I was talking to a local guy that plays with steam engines and he said could help me or even make on for me. So I took him up on it.

Old 05-04-2015, 12:42 AM   #200 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

Team Turbocharged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
Man, this car. Anyone who has not done so needs to go back a few pages in thread and start reading again. Waste solvent in a stand alone system for FE! There's some wild recycling.
I wish I would of started with the waste solvent thing first. It reminds me of a show my wife and I just watch, "Just Eat It" a Food Waste Problem.
A couple decides to live off of food that's being thrown away for 6 months, at the end of the show the couple realized that it was really easy to get perfectly good food that was being thrown away. The much bigger problem they had was they were getting so much food that was being thrown away that there is no way they could consume all of it.

I'm kinda in the same boat, I have ran into a ton of waste solvent that I can't store safely. Its being store at my work, but even then I'm running out of room and have meet my amount of flammables i can have in the building.

Last edited by pgfpro; 05-04-2015 at 01:29 AM..
Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
bio fuel, lean burn, turbo compound