Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2018, 03:02 AM   #2841 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Seriously, Niky! Here you are doing someone else's job and probably using better grammar than them in the process!

Google shows 130,000 instances of people writing "Analysises."

Al Gore Prone to Exaggeration

(Al Gore's) Climate Exaggeration is Backfiring

Which led me to: Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Gordon Brown said negotiators had 50 days to save the world from global warming

A senior environmental official at the United Nations, Noel Brown, says entire nations could be wiped off the face of the earth by rising sea levels if global warming is not reversed by the year 2000.

The Following User Says Thank You to Xist For This Useful Post:
aerohead (09-12-2018)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-12-2018, 11:08 AM   #2842 (permalink)
Banned

Why we are pushing technology so much if people are dumb???

We will end up like a monkey driving George Jetson's flying car, metaphorically speaking.

Yesterday I saw in a Carrefour hypermarket here they finaly get OLED TVs for display. A OLED 50 inch in 4K. But the video demonstration clip was a 480p clip, while the TV screen was 2160p.
So I talked with some promoters there, and they told me that was the LG promoter who put that video and ordered that just that video should be displayed, and not any other. The other promoter had 4K videos, but the LG guy just wanted that 480p video to be displayed inh the 4K 50 inch OLED TV.

And the TV settings was entirely wrong, creating a lot of white clipping, and OLED should be less prone to white clipping than LED backlight/LCD TVs.
It's like hire a promoter to promote some coffee brand on markets, and he add salt and pepper instead of sugar.

After such dumb sh...t I lost all my faith in humanity.

Last edited by All Darc; 09-12-2018 at 11:23 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to All Darc For This Useful Post:
aerohead (09-12-2018)
Old 09-12-2018, 11:27 AM   #2843 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
your story

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
I believe resource depletion, especially liquid fuel, will hurt us much harder and sooner than climate change. 3-5 more good years before the next great recession due to the immense debt bubble bursting. 20-30 more years of oscillating struggle as liquid fuel prices edge higher and higher out of sight. Until the great simplification irreversibly sets in. Undoubtedly unprepared. No one wants to hear my story and get ready. Too dissonant. Too much momentum in business as usual.
It pleases me to hear your story! We need everyone's input if we're to make the best-informed decisions.That is our founding father's mantra.
Rather than allow for anarchy and chaos,I suspect that people of the highest security clearance,will have a 'plan',to perpetuate the state,rather than let it dissolve into mayhem.
We may see the 'villains',receive levies and surcharges,which will underwrite their transition of disinvestment,paid for by their customers,who are complicit actors in this play.
We've ridden a carbon dioxide wave of 'progress' on the backs of these industrial titans,and they're obviously qualified to run major developments.With adequate market incentives I suspect that they'd be pleased to assist in an orderly transition.It's the timing which is critical,so say the climatologists.

Old 09-12-2018, 11:35 AM   #2844 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,522 Times in 2,796 Posts
I seem to remember al gore saying "the artic could be ice free in 5 years" in his retarded movie that came out in 2006.

He said it, it didn't happen.

The Following User Says Thank You to oil pan 4 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (09-12-2018)
Old 09-12-2018, 11:38 AM   #2845 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Honda CBR250R FI Single - '11 Honda CBR250R
90 day: 105.14 mpg (US)

2001 Honda Insight stick - '01 Honda Insight manual
90 day: 60.68 mpg (US)

2009 Honda Fit auto - '09 Honda Fit Auto
90 day: 38.51 mpg (US)

PCX153 - '13 Honda PCX150
90 day: 104.48 mpg (US)

2015 Yamaha R3 - '15 Yamaha R3
90 day: 80.94 mpg (US)

Ninja650 - '19 Kawasaki Ninja 650
90 day: 72.57 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,315 Times in 968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
With adequate market incentives I suspect that they'd be pleased to assist in an orderly transition.It's the timing which is critical,so say the climatologists.
Orderly transition to what? What type of social/ economic system do you see coming in 30 years when critical demand for liquid fuel will still be high but price will be 4X? How will we repay all of this current debt. And make a complete industrial, agricultural, infrastructure, transportation, transition to full electrification with full storage?

The Following User Says Thank You to sendler For This Useful Post:
aerohead (09-12-2018)
Old 09-12-2018, 11:42 AM   #2846 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

17 terraWatts

Quote:
And food prices will triple. The price of every good will increase as to the price of energy. Liquid fuel intensive endeavors such as farming, trucking, mining, road construction and plowing will see price increases that track oil price. Triple. This is something that green advocates seem unable to understand. Leaving fossil fuels in the ground is not a matter of choice. 7.5 soon to be 9 Billion people worth of civilization is built on it's continued use. There is no replacement at this scale. 17 TeraWatts continuous average. Fossil fuel, particularly affordable oil, will leave us long before we are ready to leave it. And cause a big stair step down. The sooner we start to focus and take some steps down, the softer the landing.
The only thing I might mention,is that there are entire segments of US consumer capitalism that are superfluous,and under a 'wartime footing' would be rationed out of existence.The Pentagon would reason that the nation simply could not allow these market segments to exist.None of their products or services serve any real 'function' other than siphoning dollars from citizens.People obviously 'want' what they offer,but don't 'need' any of it.If Barbie and Ken don't like it they can leave the country.
We could feed and house these people while we figure out some sort of solution,but for them to continue at their 'jobs' would ultimately 'ruin' the country/world.
This 17-terraWatt 'demand' could be drastically reduced just like in WW-I and WW-II.
There's already a historical precedent for this sort of thing.

Old 09-12-2018, 11:51 AM   #2847 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

How do you?

Quote:
How do you taper off from 93 million barrels/ day of oil? Mostly liquid fuel. $100 Trillion currently in built out ice powered machinery needs to be replaced. Most farm and mining equipment will have to be corded since battery raw materials are not abundant enough to store what we are now using from liquid fuel. And all supplied with electricity instead of countless TWh worth of oil. So massive buildouts of wind and solar since nobody want nuclear. Full electrified rail needs to replace highway trucking for the same reason. When fuel gets more expensive, the big correction comes not from a complete lack of fuel, just from the growth based economy crashing due to being based on $50/ barrel oil and now having to pay $150.
If we would have started in 1972 we could have had time to gracefully taper off and electrify the transition. The current $275 Trillion in world debt has left us nothing more to work with. One by one countries are starting to default already. All of our fossil slaves are asking for a raise in ER/EI.
We are still building luxuries. This effort all needs to be immediately focused on 100 year solar panels and cross continent transmission lines. And a whole new way of distributing wealth needs to be found.
An add campaign could bring a grassroots awareness of the debt bubble and resource depletion to the masses in a very short time. I am doing the most that I can with my limited reach. I would really like to see us pull it off. But most people are not ready to hear this story.
It is no one's fault. It is just unfortunately something we had to live through the hard way. It's who we are.
With a congressional authorization,you can begin within 72-hours,as that's all it will take to bring every American on board.
It would be draconian and you might not like it,but you'd have to do it.There would be no alternative.We've been there before.
The industrial sector could be the last thing to be impacted.You'd start with consumer products and lifestyles.And everyone would feel patriotic about it.
Non-compliance would be out of the question.The penalty too great!

Old 09-12-2018, 11:55 AM   #2848 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

crashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by niky View Post
One could argue that with the periodic economic crisises... errh... crises... errh... crashes we've had over the past few decades, that we're already there.

Without even getting close to using up the crude and coal available to use.
Yeah all we need is companies like Moody's Investment Services to bring us down! (it's amazing that they still cast a shadow on Earth)

Old 09-12-2018, 12:01 PM   #2849 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist
Red Point, did you watch the video that Sendler linked? Has anyone else? I have not seen any comment about it. I think that it is absolutely relevant to this conversation. Here it is again:
I watched it after the previous potholer54 video, when it was suggested. Didn't rewatch it when Sendler suggested it. Did watch it just now.

I guess I thought it all goes without saying.
Where is America's can-do spirit
Carter's solar panels are in a museum in China

Old 09-12-2018, 12:03 PM   #2850 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Honda CBR250R FI Single - '11 Honda CBR250R
90 day: 105.14 mpg (US)

2001 Honda Insight stick - '01 Honda Insight manual
90 day: 60.68 mpg (US)

2009 Honda Fit auto - '09 Honda Fit Auto
90 day: 38.51 mpg (US)

PCX153 - '13 Honda PCX150
90 day: 104.48 mpg (US)

2015 Yamaha R3 - '15 Yamaha R3
90 day: 80.94 mpg (US)

Ninja650 - '19 Kawasaki Ninja 650
90 day: 72.57 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,315 Times in 968 Posts
The USA is not the only country in the world. What about the rest of the weaker countries? Some of which are already defaulting and we haven't even come under RO/ RI energy stress yet. People by the 10's of millions are already walking North and floating across seas in rubber rafts.
We need a whole new way to start immediately. The sooner we pull the levers, the better they work.
Spread the word. Business as usual is leading the world to an economic cliff. Be a lobbyist for awareness of R101.

The Following User Says Thank You to sendler For This Useful Post:
aerohead (09-12-2018)
Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Tags
lies, opinion, reality, scam