Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2019, 10:23 PM   #4391 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
I don't think JP will scare you or me, but Normies haven't thought about how terrifying life is. They might have a reaction.

(No offense intended, A. D.)

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (01-05-2019)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-04-2019, 09:34 AM   #4392 (permalink)
Banned

With the technology of today life should not be scary, but humans are stupid and always find someting to screw-up, always mess around, always find reasons to disputes and wars (even small cultural wars).

Uncle Jordan is very careful when speaks, and knows how to transmit ideas withou left edges to be acused of direct say someting. And he always is surrounded by right wings activists, and for example when commented about christian orthodox, didn't said one single critic.

The the fact he asks help on Patreon (he asks people to open the walet), despite be aready wealth with his salary, his bussiness, books sales, lectures (he is paid for) youtube views... Makes me remamber the evangelic preachers...
His daughter learned with hin, and charge for consultation about auto-imune problems and diet, despite be not a doctor.

I'm not left wing, but I found both side a crap, despite the left wing crap had raised and it's in some sort of domain over media and at universities making brainwashing and creating "victm-dictatorship. But just because the left it's in a crazy and powerfullk moment, this will not lead me to agree with the greed side of right wing (not that left hadn't some of it too in other ways).

Of course uncle Jordan said some very important things and helped to unmask the crazy sh...t of crazy left wings radicals. But he is suspect for me, cause he always workship one single side. I never saw hin made critics to right wing, critic to prejudice, critics aboutr crazy religion people unless it's from middle east. And a bout his degree in psychology... well... there are many psychologists, and some complete oposed to eachother, and for me this somehow proves how worthless psychology can be.
Most psychologists are very disturbed persons inside.

No offesnse at all Freedeard. :-)
I admire sincerity. If society keep political correctnes with crazy abuses, we will end in a complete fake world, were worlds and dialog means nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
I don't think JP will scare you or me, but Normies haven't thought about how terrifying life is. They might have a reaction.

(No offense intended, A. D.)

Last edited by All Darc; 01-04-2019 at 11:33 AM..

The Following User Says Thank You to All Darc For This Useful Post:
aerohead (01-05-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 12:57 PM   #4393 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Apologies for being on-topic:

hardware.slashdot.org:Texas Has Enough Sun and Wind To Quit Coal, Rice Researchers Say

Quote:
Texas is the largest producer of wind energy in the United States, generating about 18 percent of its electricity from wind. Most of the state's wind turbines are located in West Texas, where the wind blows the strongest at night and in the early spring, when demand is low. The resource, however, can be complemented by turbines on the Gulf Coast, where wind produces the most electricity on late afternoons in the summer, when power demand is the highest. Solar energy, a small, but rapidly growing segment of the state's energy mix, also has the advantage of generating power when it is needed most -- hot, sunny summer afternoons.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (01-05-2019), NeilBlanchard (01-05-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 01:39 PM   #4394 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,378 Times in 3,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
With the technology of today life should not be scary
Technology is merely a distraction from the scary world in which we live. We still exercise our fight or flight response on relatively unimportant things, such as deadlines. We still suffer disease and death. Technology has done nothing to address the vanity and frailty of life.

Quote:
Uncle Jordan is very careful when speaks, and knows how to transmit ideas withou left edges to be acused of direct say someting. And he always is surrounded by right wings activists, and for example when commented about christian orthodox, didn't said one single critic.
Jordan is a relative of yours? Now that's the interview I'd like to see.

So your criticism is that he hasn't been careless enough with his speech to really object to him? He has a rule that if he doesn't know enough about something, that he doesn't comment on it. He's also got a rule that if he's being asked something rhetorically (antagonistically), that he doesn't answer.

Quote:
The the fact he asks help on Patreon (he asks people to open the walet), despite be aready wealth with his salary, his bussiness, books sales, lectures (he is paid for) youtube views... Makes me remamber the evangelic preachers...
He isn't on Patreon, and I've never heard him ask listeners to give him money. What does his relative wealth have to do with accepting money people give? Should we expect people at some arbitrary wealth level to stop accepting money? Is it reasonable to criticize someone who accepts donations when they offer their time for free?

These objections are absurd. Try harder. I've asked for something specific he has said which you object to, and you haven't provided anything.

Quote:
I'm not left wing, but I found both side a crap, despite the left wing crap had raised and it's in some sort of domain over media and at universities making brainwashing and creating "victm-dictatorship. But just because the left it's in a crazy and powerfullk moment, this will not lead me to agree with the greed side of right wing (not that left hadn't some of it too in other ways).

Of course uncle Jordan said some very important things and helped to unmask the crazy sh...t of crazy left wings radicals. But he is suspect for me, cause he always workship one single side. I never saw hin made critics to right wing, critic to prejudice, critics aboutr crazy religion people unless it's from middle east. And a bout his degree in psychology... well... there are many psychologists, and some complete oposed to eachother, and for me this somehow proves how worthless psychology can be.
Most psychologists are very disturbed persons inside.
You're associating Peterson with the right-wing. What evidence is there that he is more than a small amount right of center? He criticises the right, and validates the existence of the left constantly. I don't think you're actually listening to Peterson, but instead reading a 3rd party Op Ed to form your opinion. I'm waiting for evidence to support any of your claims.

The mind is among the least understood things; of course it's going to be quasi-science. Just because it's a difficult field doesn't mean it isn't worth pursuing.

Quote:
I've heard before that renewables are relatively easy to accommodate up to about 20% of overall consumption, but the difficulty exponentially increases from there.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Old 01-04-2019, 05:36 PM   #4395 (permalink)
Banned

Medicine would be more advanced if humanity wasn't so stupidy. The rest it's consequence of our trash culture and trasyh monkey's instincts. I don't like human nature.

"Uncle Jordan" it's a way to describe how many people see J. Peterson as a paternal figure. People created without a father presence or with a father presence who didn't cared enough.

I didn't saved the videos (long videos) and the timecode of each sentence. But he said that cash 80K per month with Patreon. It's not ilegal to accept money when you already have a lot, but come on... it's moraly contestable. Rich evangelic minister can took money from poor people in distress, as donation, and buy a new great car. Legal by law, but not moral. Ok, this was a example more strong than in the case of J.Peterson.
And his daughter cashing consultation... when she is not a doctor.

His time for free? Are you kiding??? He cash with youtube, with books, with lectures ? And cash to give advices by webchats. He is cashing as the "uncle testosterone guru".
It's almost the same thing of modern wave feminists leaders cashing from women, using women frustration and anger to get money & political power.

I presume he had a tough life, many problems, losts, depression, frustration, and women didn't cared about his problems (a theory I did).

He is almost always quite angry, like trying to hide it, and a bit hostile or always taking things as hostility against hinself.
I remamber a video where his remarks about hypergamia like he was almost saying it should be stoped or forbiden. And about make-up, well he didn't said to forbit it on workplaces, but we know how women act (sometimes very subtle) it's way more strong than the make-up itself. Short clothes and how and how much of boobs displaying it's way more strong than face make-up. When he talks like that he is almost like a muslim afraidf of women's body & face.

Maybe he use a lot of rational brain energy to control hinself to do not make sh... toward women, and thinks everyone it's the same way, requiering a lot of energy for that.

I don't believe in famous mass heroes in this world of greed, anger and ignorance.
I'm not saying he didn't made very important quotes or reflections about life and modern world, and even putting his neck on risk in this political correctness dictatorship.
Like I said before, I always try to see both sides of the coin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Technology is merely a distraction from the scary world in which we live. We still exercise our fight or flight response on relatively unimportant things, such as deadlines. We still suffer disease and death. Technology has done nothing to address the vanity and frailty of life.

Jordan is a relative of yours? Now that's the interview I'd like to see.

So your criticism is that he hasn't been careless enough with his speech to really object to him? He has a rule that if he doesn't know enough about something, that he doesn't comment on it. He's also got a rule that if he's being asked something rhetorically (antagonistically), that he doesn't answer.

He isn't on Patreon, and I've never heard him ask listeners to give him money. What does his relative wealth have to do with accepting money people give? Should we expect people at some arbitrary wealth level to stop accepting money? Is it reasonable to criticize someone who accepts donations when they offer their time for free?

These objections are absurd. Try harder. I've asked for something specific he has said which you object to, and you haven't provided anything.

You're associating Peterson with the right-wing. What evidence is there that he is more than a small amount right of center? He criticises the right, and validates the existence of the left constantly. I don't think you're actually listening to Peterson, but instead reading a 3rd party Op Ed to form your opinion. I'm waiting for evidence to support any of your claims.

The mind is among the least understood things; of course it's going to be quasi-science. Just because it's a difficult field doesn't mean it isn't worth pursuing.

I've heard before that renewables are relatively easy to accommodate up to about 20% of overall consumption, but the difficulty exponentially increases from there.

Last edited by All Darc; 01-04-2019 at 05:58 PM..

Old 01-04-2019, 05:59 PM   #4396 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,378 Times in 3,353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
Medicine would be more advanced if humanity wasn't so stupidy. The rest it's consequence of our trash culture and trasyh monkey's instincts.
That's like how I always say the only thing holding me back from an NBA career is genetic aptitude and skill.

Quote:
"Uncle Jordan" it's a way to describe how many people see J. Peterson as a paternal figure. People created without a father presence or with a father presence who didn't cared enough.
It's impossible to know to what extent people view Peterson as a father replacement. I simply find his interpretation of things to be interesting and insightful.

Quote:
I didn't saved the videos (long videos) and the timecode of each sentence. But he said that cash 80 K with Patreon. It's not ilegal to accept money when you already have a lot, but come on... it's moraly contestable...

And his daughter cashing consultation... when she is not a doctor.
You're entitled to be annoyed that he accepts money people give him. It seems arbitrary to me as to what constitutes an immoral acceptance of money. I'm in the top 1% by world standards. Does that make me immoral to accept money if someone offered it to me?

... and your other complaint is that his daughter could have had a more prestigious career?

Quote:
His time for free? Are you kiding??? He cash with youtube, with books, with lectures ? And cash to give advices by webchats. He is cashing as the "uncle testosterone guru".
I'm not kidding. His lectures are free to watch. Only those that wish to voluntarily pay him will pay.

It seems the thing you dislike the most is making a living by speaking and giving advice. Probably cultural differences explain why I don't understand the "uncle testosterone guru" reference.

Quote:
I presume he had a tough life, many problems, losts, depression, frustration, and women didn't cared about his problems (a theory I did).
Probably. He admits to prone to depression. High IQ people are overrepresented with depression. I'd assume he's had the normal problems of life too.

Quote:
He is almost always quite angry, like trying to hide it, and a bit hostile or always taking things as hostility against hinself.
I remamber a video where his remarks about hypergamia like he was almost saying it should be stoped or forbiden. And about make-up, well he didn't said to forbit it in workplaces, but we know how women act (sometimes very subtle) it's way more strong than the make-up itself. When he talks like that he is almost like a muslim afraidf of women body & face.
I wonder too if he's actually angry, or if that's just how he sounds when he's deeply discussing something. Certainly he's adopted his own preaching to confront the world bravely.

What did he say that is disagreeable about makeup? I hadn't heard that one.

Quote:
I don't believe in heros in this world of greed, anger and ignorance.
I'm not saying he didn't made very important quotes or reflections about life and modern world, and even putting his neck on risk in this political correctness dictatorship.
Yeah, me either. He's far from perfect. Why should that scare me though?

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Old 01-04-2019, 06:16 PM   #4397 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Uncle Jordan it's a way ti describe how many people see J. Peterson as a patern figure. People created without a father presence or with a father presence who didn't cared enought.
You're the one calling him Uncle (unironically — no scare quotes). What does that suggest?

Quote:
I don't believe in heros in this world of greed, anger and ignorance.
I believe in heroes
R. Buckminster Fuller
Tim Berners-Lee
Satoshi Nakamoto
Quote:
There's your problem. Two-sided arguments fail because the world is multivariant (a word JBP uses).

I know it's hard, but I'm trying to keep up. Patreon is no panacea. See below:

Patreon found it's niche when Youtube started demonetizing the posters. It gave them an alternative means of being self-sustaining. When Patreon went sideways too, SubscribeStar took up the slack.

But SubscribeStar flushed out the powers behind the curtain, the credit card companies (and maybe Paypal).

The only solution for this dilemma appears to be gold-backed crypto.

It is possible to parse a one-dimensional axis. Here's an example:

Data and Society calling out some 'Alternative Influencer Network' was bogus on it's face, but Tim Pool found a good analysis (I would argue from a weaponized autist on the level of James Damore). Here's Mark Ledwich's article:

https://medium.com/@markoledwich/we-...e-b6ffea5e34fa

Old 01-04-2019, 06:24 PM   #4398 (permalink)
Banned

I edited things, type error and better display of though,before found you responded.

Yes, I can't ready people's minds, but it's plausible that many man with poor childhood paternal figures likes hin. Yes, he is insightfull in many things. But I believe everyone who will constest the world and scoiety, to million people watch, should present both sides of coin instead of direct just to one side of the the subject.

If he take money from people with a lot money and focusing expose the crazy side of left radicals, I would not complain so much. But if bexame sort of hero and manage to make people in low position, short money, to give hin money, with hin without needing extra money... well...
You can be in the 1% status, but if you manage to convince poor people to give you money without real work or business on it, I can say I have a problem... The question here is that he don't need extra money.
He and Shapiro are paid for lectures. It's free for public to watch, but they are paid for.

His daughter is not a doctor. If she cash to give advices over auto-imune illness related to diet, yes, I can say I have a problem. It's a greed form of banalization of medicine. It could in some cases be charged a ilegal exercise of medicine.

"Uncle testosterone guru" it's a way to describe how he and many people try to be the sex guru today to audiences of frustrated people. And in a lot of cases the guru it's just another frustraded person (in sexual or relationship matters) trying to present a image of hinself a great man, ladies man etc...

Depression can't be used as a excuse to be angry. And I think this fiels (psychlogy and psychiatry) it's a proof of the failure of these science in practical terms. DOCTOR, CURE YOURSELF... I think people who choose this filed already had problems.
Anyway he said to had cut the anti-depression drugs after adopted his daughter meat diet. But didn't changed his typical way of be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
That's like how I always say the only thing holding me back from an NBA career is genetic aptitude and skill.

It's impossible to know to what extent people view Peterson as a father replacement. I simply find his interpretation of things to be interesting and insightful.

You're entitled to be annoyed that he accepts money people give him. It seems arbitrary to me as to what constitutes an immoral acceptance of money. I'm in the top 1% by world standards. Does that make me immoral to accept money if someone offered it to me?

... and your other complaint is that his daughter could have had a more prestigious career?

I'm not kidding. His lectures are free to watch. Only those that wish to voluntarily pay him will pay.

It seems the thing you dislike the most is making a living by speaking and giving advice. Probably cultural differences explain why I don't understand the "uncle testosterone guru" reference.

Probably. He admits to prone to depression. High IQ people are overrepresented with depression. I'd assume he's had the normal problems of life too.

I wonder too if he's actually angry, or if that's just how he sounds when he's deeply discussing something. Certainly he's adopted his own preaching to confront the world bravely.

What did he say that is disagreeable about makeup? I hadn't heard that one.

Yeah, me either. He's far from perfect. Why should that scare me though?

Last edited by All Darc; 01-04-2019 at 06:49 PM..

Old 01-04-2019, 06:39 PM   #4399 (permalink)
Banned

Just to make one thing clear here (friendly talking to everyone). The left wing it's also greed. Here on Brazil we habe a expression to left winger leaders who tak about poor people needs and about be humble to help poors, but in reality live on luxury, with espensive clothes, top cars, top watches, for a a country in development as Brazil. THAT'S WHAT WE CALL HERE LEFT WING CAVIAR.

I don't need to be binary. Needer side it's good, and both have huge problems and both are corrupt. I can and I must adress the negative and positive aspects of both.

The right wing found in the crazysh...t left wing radicalism a escuse to start to push without fear a lot of true prejudice. The leftwing became Dr Frankenstein, since they created a monster and now the monster and the scared vilage people are agaisnt hin.
Newton's law of action and reaction...

Mass famous heroes I don't belive. True heroes in general are not famous.

Buckminster Fuller
Tim Berners-Lee
Satoshi Nakamoto
Uhhnn... the first two were good enterprises. Is that be a hero?

Quote:
You're the one calling him Uncle (unironically — no scare quotes). What does that suggest?

I believe in heroes
R. Buckminster Fuller
Tim Berners-Lee
Satoshi Nakamoto

There's your problem. Two-sided arguments fail because the world is multivariant (a word JBP uses).

I know it's hard, but I'm trying to keep up. Patreon is no panacea. See below:

Patreon found it's niche when Youtube started demonetizing the posters. It gave them an alternative means of being self-sustaining. When Patreon went sideways too, SubscribeStar took up the slack.

But SubscribeStar flushed out the powers behind the curtain, the credit card companies (and maybe Paypal).

The only solution for this dilemma appears to be gold-backed crypto.

It is possible to parse a one-dimensional axis. Here's an example:

Data and Society calling out some 'Alternative Influencer Network' was bogus on it's face, but Tim Pool found a good analysis (I would argue from a weaponized autist on the level of James Damore). Here's Mark Ledwich's article:

https://medium.com/@markoledwich/we-...e-b6ffea5e34fa

Last edited by All Darc; 01-04-2019 at 06:46 PM..

Old 01-04-2019, 07:03 PM   #4400 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Needer side it's good, and both have huge problems and both are corrupt.
"...the whole world smells like poop. (baby poop, the worst kind)"
John Prine
That was almost an hour of videos on Patreon and the Left/Right dichotomy. Are you going to go back and watch them?

edit:
Quote:
Mass famous heroes I don't belive. True heroes in general are not famous.
Uhhnn... the first two were good enterprises. Is that be a hero?
Fuller was no businessman. What the three have in common is that they gave themselves selflessly. Bucky gave us environmentalism, Berners-Lee gave us the HTTP protocol for free, and Satoshi Nakamoto gave us crypto and then disappeared in a cloud of blue smoke and mirrors.

Last edited by freebeard; 01-04-2019 at 07:21 PM..

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Tags
lies, opinion, reality, scam